HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   More "Canadians" on our team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=524049)

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 07:30 PM

More "Canadians" on our team?

I dunno about you guys but I would really love to see more CANADIAN players on our team, the kind of guys that have ALOT of HEART into the Canadian Game of Hockey and get a fresh look from just having alot of Russian/European players on our team (nothing against them) its just I'd like to see more guys like Gary Roberts, Trevor Linden, Douggie Gilmour, or any good ol Canadian boys from Kingston :naughty: or anywhere in Canada :yo:

:naughty:

Blades 0f Steel 06-12-2008 07:31 PM

I'm with you. More guys like Joey Datsyuk, Ronnie Zetterberg and Greg Lidstrom, please.

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 07:34 PM

yup, Christopher Filpulla and John Franzen agree with you too

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 07:36 PM

you guys dont get what I mean, guys that have the heart for the CANADIAN GAME OF HOCKEY

GNick42 06-12-2008 07:37 PM

We need another warrior but what country they are from does not matter to me

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14391977)
you guys dont get what I mean, guys that have the heart for the CANADIAN GAME OF HOCKEY

i dont think you get our point.
Detroit dominated the league all year long with all those Euro's

beowulf 06-12-2008 07:37 PM

Ya ok....xenophobia at its best!! Are you related to Don Cherry by any chance?

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14392004)
i dont think you get our point.
Detroit dominated the league all year long with all those Euro's

for the 1st time? nothing agianst them but I think this is what this team needs...the Trevor Lindens, the Gary Roberts, the guys that are playoff WARRIORS.....look at our team in the playoffs, if we had guys with HEART we would of did some damage...

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 14392017)
Ya ok....xenophobia at its best!! Are you related to Don Cherry by any chance?

No, but I am related to "Pricer" :naughty:

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14392040)
for the 1st time? nothing agianst them but I think this is what this team needs...the Trevor Lindens, the Gary Roberts, the guys that are playoff WARRIORS.....look at our team in the playoffs, if we had guys with HEART we would of did some damage...

The first time Euro crap is a weak argument.
Euro's have won the cup in the past, and they will continue to do so.
the team is headed in the rught direction and its not time to change all that by adding canadians.

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14392155)
The first time Euro crap is a weak argument.
Euro's have won the cup in the past, and they will continue to do so.
the team is headed in the rught direction and its not time to change all that by adding canadians.

if you guys dont agree with me that Candians are the best...look at this

Best player EVER in NHL: Mario Lemieux, or Gretzky whichever you take
Best Defenceman: BOBBY ORR or Denis Potvin
Gest Goalie: Ken Dryden, or Patty Roy

Best Prospect in the NHL:Sidney Crosby
Best Prospect outside NHL: John Tavares
TOP Prospect in 08: Steven Stamkos
Best Goalie Prospect in NHL: Carey Price
Best Goalie Prospect outside NHL: Jonathan Bernier

World Junior A Champs:
2 years in a row (Tourney is only 2 years old)

World Junior Championship Winners:
4 Years in a Row

That resume speaks for its self

Past Stanley Cup Winner Captains
1994:Mark Messier
1995:Scotty Stevens
1996:Super Joe SAKIC
1997:Stevey Y
1998:Stevey Y
1999: Darian Hatcher (American)
2000:Scott Stevens
2001:Joe Sakic
2002:Stevey "Y" Yzerman
2003:Scott Stevens
2004:Vinny Lecavalier
2006:Rob Brindamour
2007:Scott Neidemeyer

Man I can go more back.... :naughty:

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 08:01 PM

i didnt say Canadians arent the best.

I said to think the only way we will succeed is with more canadian born players is false.

We finished first in the conferance this year with our Euro's and we would have made the ECF if not for Biron acting like god and us not getting the bounces. it wasnt meant to be this year. Thats it.

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14392358)
i didnt say Canadians arent the best.

I said to think the only way we will succeed is with more canadian born players is false.

We finished first in the conferance this year with our Euro's and we would have made the ECF if not for Biron acting like god and us not getting the bounces. it wasnt meant to be this year. Thats it.

the reason we didnt win is cuz we didnt have the guys that block the shots, and drive to the net...you know, do what Philly was doin against us...and NOTHIN against the Habs Euro players for not havin heart cuz they do, but this is PLAYOFFS, and Canadian players have the HEART for the Canadian game of hockey, I'd just like a FRESH flood of Canadian players on our team....guys with heart like Trevor Linden, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk ect....Canadian playoff WARRIORS

Yeah our team made some pretty passes and plays in the reg. season but we all know its a whole different game in the playoffs, I just suggest we get more playoff warriors :naughty:

LilWinger11 06-12-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14392468)
the reason we didnt win is cuz we didnt have the guys with the heart to block the shots, and drive to the net...you know, do what Philly was doin against us...and NOTHIN against the Habs Euro players for not havin heart cuz they do, but this is PLAYOFFS, and Canadian players have the HEART for the Canadian game of hockey, I'd just like a FRESH flood of Canadian players on our team....guys with heart like Trevor Linden, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk ect....Canadian playoff WARRIORS.

Mike Komisarek says hi. You know, the guy who led the league in blocked shots- the American guy?

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14392468)
the reason we didnt win is cuz we didnt have the guys that block the shots, and drive to the net...you know, do what Philly was doin against us...and NOTHIN against the Habs Euro players for not havin heart cuz they do, but this is PLAYOFFS, and Canadian players have the HEART for the Canadian game of hockey, I'd just like a FRESH flood of Canadian players on our team....guys with heart like Trevor Linden, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk ect....Canadian playoff WARRIORS

Yeah our team made some pretty passes and plays in the reg. season but we all know its a whole different game in the playoffs, I just suggest we get more playoff warriors :naughty:

ya, your right, 15 years of nothing isnt long enough. we need to destroy and re-build again with only Canadians.

Our playoff loss had nothing to do with blocking shots. our guys did that.
We didnt get the bounces and the Flyers did. We outplayed them 4 of the 5 games in that series. It had nothing to do with them being Canadian born players and us Euro's. Stop with that non-scence

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWinger11 (Post 14392496)
Mike Komisarek says hi. You know, the guy who led the league in blocked shots- the American guy?

hes from North America so he is our brother :naughty:

yeah Mikey was pullin his load...what about everyone else? were they drivin to the net like good ol Canadian boys from Kingston :sarcasm:

but in all seriousness, I mean we need a WHOLE TEAM blockin shots, drivin to the net, gettin down and dirty...cuz its a Canadian game my brothers

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14392516)
ya, your right, 15 years of nothing isnt long enough. we need to destroy and re-build again with only Canadians.

Our playoff loss had nothing to do with blocking shots. our guys did that.
We didnt get the bounces and the Flyers did. We outplayed them 4 of the 5 games in that series. It had nothing to do with them being Canadian born players and us Euro's. Stop with that non-scence

stop kidding yourself, sure we outshot them but they were shots from dump ins and bad angles...nothin against the Habs but thats mostly the only kind of shots they were able to get against the gritty Philly team...we gotta stop making excuses and realize our shots were from weak areas cuz Philly was a MONSTER taking away chances from our playmakers and scorers

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14392567)
stop kidding yourself, sure we outshot them but they were shots from dump ins and bad angles...nothin against the Habs but thats mostly the only kind of shots they were able to get against the gritty Philly team...we gotta stop making excuses and realize our shots were from weak areas cuz Philly was a MONSTER taking away chances from our playmakers and scorers

lol...yes, Philly totally outplayed us. we looked like an ECHL team. What was I thinking.
We need to get rid ok Andrei, Sergei, Kovalev, Markov, Koivu and Plekanec because we arent going anywhere with them. they only lead our team all year but your so right. We must let them go.

im done in this thread

Garo 06-12-2008 08:19 PM

Soviet hockey was the best hockey evar.

CanadienErrant* 06-12-2008 08:23 PM

If you can't get the "right" European players like the Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Ovechkin, etc... you better stick with a team made with a majority (60% and more) of North American born players.

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14392641)
lol...yes, Philly totally outplayed us. we looked like an ECHL team. What was I thinking.
We need to get rid ok Andrei, Sergei, Kovalev, Markov, Koivu and Plekanec because we arent going anywhere with them. they only lead our team all year but your so right. We must let them go.

im done in this thread

ok buddy, to score goals in the playoffs you gotta get down and dirty and get em anyway you can like PHILLY...pretty passes and dekes are fun to watch in regular season but in playoffs youll get shut down, unless your Super MARIO...but come on, you gotta get down and dirty and be a WARRIOR

nothin against the habs cuz we are a pretty fast, fun team to watch :naughty:

but in the playoffs im just sayin we should get some Gary Roberts, Trevor Linden warriors

Ross MacLochness 06-12-2008 08:24 PM

No, less.

ThaDevilGirl 06-12-2008 08:27 PM

Are you Carey Price's cousin?

goalchenyuk 06-12-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14392641)

im done in this thread

Komisarek , Higgins , Halack and Hammer aren't Canadian ...we need to get ride of them too .

Galchenyuk x 27 06-12-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 14392778)
Komisarek , Higgins , Halack and Hammer aren't Canadian ...we need to get ride of them too .

your so right.
my bad, yup, out with them too

NativeHockey77* 06-12-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 14392778)

WHERE did I say get rid of our Euro/Non Canadian Players??

Im just suggesting we get more Canadian WARRIORS! I got nothin against Euros cuz I would never turn down Selanne or Hossa joining the team, I jus suggest we get good ol Canadian Playoff Warriors :naughty: