HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   RDS.com poll: Is it time for Julien to scratch Zednik? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52430)

Vicious 02-15-2004 11:03 AM

RDS.com poll: Is it time for Julien to scratch Zednik?

That is absolutely ridiculous... They need to put him back where he belongs : next to Koivu, before even thinking of scratching him.

gohabsgo2010 02-15-2004 11:04 AM

I think RDS is just jealous because Perreault and Dagenais were scratched. Hmm..we can't score so we bench Zeddy! Excellent. :rant:

You're exactly right, play him with Koivu.

Mathletic 02-15-2004 11:14 AM

of course when you need offense, you better bench some guys who can score ... and by the way why not put Sundstrom and Ribeiro on the same line ? and let Ribeiro play with a guy who can't complete plays in front of the net

Mats NAslund 02-15-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
That is absolutely ridiculous... They need to put him back where he belongs : next to Koivu, before even thinking of scratching him.

Typical RDS...picking on the non-french player!

Why not a poll of "Should Montreal start Garon or Theodore since Theodore has sucked ass the last three games" or " Should Montreal Waive Juneau Bouillon Dagenais and trade both Perrault Brisebois" That's the kind of questions RDS should be asking themselves because these players suck ass!

Habber 02-15-2004 11:33 AM

This is riduclous. Why single out Zednik? Sure he hasn't played worth ***** lately but there's 10 other guys that have played just as bad.

Vicious 02-15-2004 11:34 AM

On RDS, the vote is 67% to make him sit and 33% to stay.

Wildbeliefs 02-15-2004 11:44 AM

Man, you guys are *still* complaining about RDS? You're not used to this by now?

I can only generate my usual response to anything RDS does now a days: *shrug*

Marc the Habs Fan 02-15-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I think RDS is just jealous because Perreault and Dagenais were scratched. Hmm..we can't score so we bench Zeddy! Excellent. :rant:

Can't agree more with that whole post!

Raskolnikov76 02-15-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

To complain about a meaningless poll from another web site is even more ridiculous imo.

Necrophile 02-15-2004 12:12 PM

Well... in a way YES, they do have to scratch Zednik. But if they do, then they've got at least 7-8 other players to scratch for next game...

Zednik 02-15-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts

Come on guys, RDS doesn't give a ***** about Dagenais and Perreault. This has nothing to do with jalousy. I agree this is a stupid poll (zednik is da man!), but stop complaining about everything RDS says about the non-French players.

goalchenyuk 02-15-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

so it was great when Julien benched Ribeiro , ( there was a thread that suggest to benched him again 1-2 days ago ) , it is correct to benched Dagenais but if the medias suggest to bench Zednik it is totally ridiculous....

Zednik is playing bad since many games , exepted the game after the one when Julien benched him in the 3 th périod;By the way , i suppose that it's why rds suggest that pool...

common guy ! stop to over-reacted everyday about the french medias, :dunno:

Team_Spirit 02-15-2004 03:36 PM

Another exemple of RDS stupidity :

In the second period against Ottawa Pednault says : ''Koivu have to step up offensively , Rbeiro has too much pressure on him ''

Well Yvon , Koivu scored 3pts last night and nother one in the road trip . Ribeiro only got 2pts .

Owen Wilson 02-15-2004 03:42 PM

I seem to remember everyone complaining when Julien benched Ribeiro and look what happened there. I think Julien has got to let Zednik know that they're in a playoff race and he needs to turn it up like we know he can and the only way to really get the message through would be to sit him.

Guy! 02-15-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

In the second period against Ottawa Pednault says : ''Koivu have to step up offensively , Rbeiro has too much pressure on him ''

Well Yvon , Koivu scored 3pts last night and nother one in the road trip . Ribeiro only got 2pts .

He also pointed out that Ribs generally plays against the opposition checking line.

As a very good friend of mine told me: spin.

You can put your spin on whatever you see to make it sound the way you want it to sound. It's something I strive very hard not to do, though I know I'm not blameless either. But let's talk about that spin for a moment.

Ribs is played against by the opposition checking line. Yes. When the Habs are in other buildings than their own. Why? Because it's a 50/50 call on wiether to play the best line against him or Koivu. Generally coaches love to play best against best and see what comes up. The second best gets the checking line.

However that's not the whole story. Go to Montreal and Koivu plays against the checking or the first line - as usual, since the opposition does everything in its power to make this matchup, and Ribs plays against the second or the fourth line - Julien's effort to minimize damage and maximize Ribs' potential. That's just good coaching.

Spin. Heck, I think you could make a good spin argument for a Perreault/Kilger/Dagenais first line. ;)

As to the Zednik problem, the first thing that comes to mind is the alleged injury. I've seen him wincing in pain here and there, so I have to wonder about it. Regardless of that, if he's in the lineup, it means everyone, himself included, feels he can produce. Therefore, we cannot use the injury as an excuse.

Zed is not producing right now, so what ar ethe symptoms? First of all, for the last handful of games up until last nights affair, there were only two players on the line, thie third, Dags, was nigh on useless. That'll effect anyone's usefulness. Secondly, I don't think there'll be too many that disagree when I say that Ribs worked much better with Dags than he ever did Zed. Neither is adapting well to the other and you routinely see Ribs looking to where he expects Zed to be only to see open space, and on the other hand Zed looking for a pass where none will come because Ribs isn't there. I don't think these two have a chemistry, simple as that.

It's not a knock on either when I say Zed should probably move up with Koivu. I understand Julien wanting to spread out the talent and give the opposition more to think about, but there comes a time when you need to do these things. Perhaps, with Dax back in the lineup, that experiment of Sax, Dax, and Sunny will be tried again, thus giving Perreault and Ribs a couple of wingers to work with - I doubt it, but one never knows.

For Zed to find his game, though, I think he needs to go to a place where his comfort level is there, and that's with Sax. If that means Ryder has to be moved to the second line, unfortunate as it is with his Rookie of the Year aspirations, it's probably better off. I'd rather see Bulis dropped to the second line, but I think Julien wants his snipers spread out.

The other thing that has to happen with Zed's game is a return to the power-type attack he was doing at points this year and regularly last year. He's not cutting to the net much, he's not attacking defenders much, and those are two things that got him to where he is. Right now, he's not a first line player with the game he's showing, he's second line talent. He needs to dig deep and find his game.

ACF

HABitude 02-15-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Pedneault was not completely wrong. He said that in the second period because Koivu has been horrible in the first period. When Koivu isn't in his game, the pression goes to Ribeiro and usually Ribs doesn't produce much with too close checking. If the CH want to win, both lines have to skate and play with energy. They both have to be a menace (or try hard to be) because none of Koivu and Ribeiro are top league centers, they don't dominate like the Sundin-Roenik-Forsberg-etc. The reason of their success this year was a combo of both lines producing and creating something. So the opposite team wasn't sure what line should be checked.

Don't think anyone is stupid because he sees something you didn't or he says a thing you don't want to admit.

Team_Spirit 02-15-2004 04:00 PM

The fact is that Vs Tampa Ribs was shut down while Koivu was producing .Oh and btw i'm a Habs fan not a Pro-Koivu .

HABitude 02-15-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

The fact is that Vs Tampa Ribs was shut down while Koivu was producing .Oh and btw i'm a Habs fan not a Pro-Koivu .

Agree, I'm also a Hab fan and not really a Pro-[specific player]. That game vs Tampa showed a better Koivu line than Ribs. Ribeiro's winger are simply not there. Ribs tryes to pass but no one finish or is able to receive the passes. Koivu have a better chemistry right now with his wingers: Ryder does more the little things that count than Zednik. Bulis is skating like if he's a space rocket. Ribs have Zed who is having a big slump (he thinks about reach his 20 goal personal objective) and who else is playing with Ribs? Dagenais? : Ouch! Sundstrom? : Needs time to adjust and I'm not sure he fits well on an offensive line.

Tampa have better players, they play with chemistry, it's more a real 2 offensive lines equilibrated than Montreal. They have : Lecavalier, St-Louis, Modin, Richards, Stillman, Andreychuck, Fedotenko. I like better their best 6 forwards than our best 6 forwards. They made the PO last year and they will do it again this year. They eliminated Washington last year, it's a young team that is gaining confidence, like Lecavalier for example who is 23 and is getting mature. So is the rest of the team.

Team_Spirit 02-15-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Agree, I'm also a Hab fan and not really a Pro-[specific player]. That game vs Tampa showed a better Koivu line than Ribs. Ribeiro's winger are simply not there. Ribs tryes to pass but no one finish or is able to receive the passes. Koivu have a better chemistry right now with his wingers: Ryder does more the little things that count than Zednik. Bulis is skating like if he's a space rocket. Ribs have Zed who is having a big slump (he thinks about reach his 20 goal personal objective) and who else is playing with Ribs? Dagenais? : Ouch! Sundstrom? : Needs time to adjust and I'm not sure he fits well on an offensive line.

You talk about Chemistery and you think Degenais is not a 'fit' for Ribeiro ?!? Gimme a break , Bulis is a 3rd liner and Ryder is a rookie . Z is a 25 goals man with speed and Dagenais is his long-time pal . I don't say neither is advantage but at least don't blame the wingers .

I agree about Sundstrom , he had his chances this year and now CJ know were Sunny belong .

HABitude 02-15-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

You talk about Chemistery and you think Degenais is not a 'fit' for Ribeiro ?!? Gimme a break , Bulis is a 3rd liner and Ryder is a rookie . Z is a 25 goals man with speed and Dagenais is his long-time pal . I don't say neither is advantage but at least don't blame the wingers .

I agree about Sundstrom , he had his chances this year and now CJ know were Sunny belong .

Well, Zed is one of the best Habs forward, it's just that right now he doesn't play very well. Dagenais had chemistry before with Ribs, since 6 games or more he just disapeared, it was vastly debated in this board. On the other hand, Ryder is a candidate for best rookie, he does everything asked for a winger. And Bulis is Hab's best skater and I see right now that he plays with intensity. Right now these two lines have flaws even if some talent is there. There is a chemistry and an “equilibre” that is missing.

Now about Sunny, I have no problem if he's there on one of the 2 first lines, he deserves a try, I think he have some of the tools needed to bring something signifiant before giving this job to someone in Hamilton. But then again, it's a tought decision, maybe the solution is someone in Hamilton but who?

Maithz 02-15-2004 05:54 PM

I think CJ need to make some line change

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder

Bulis - Ribeiro - Ward

Dagenais - Juneau - Sundstrom

Langdon - Begin - Dackell