HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ryan Suter is Resigned - 4 years/14 million per Tennessean (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=524360)

Enoch 06-13-2008 07:40 PM

Ryan Suter is Resigned - 4 years/14 million per Tennessean

Supposedly, at around 4 million a year.

If true: Thoughts on the ramifications?

We know Weber is going nowhere.

I believe Zidlicky's NTC expires on July 1st.

Devries is a solid defender, but he is easily replaceable at 2.75 million.

Klein/Koistenen - both are in the same boat.

If Suter hypothetically signs, who leaves or are we staying the same.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15682

---------------

DEAL IS DONE! 4 years 14 million per the Tennessean!

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS02/80616011

PensFan101 06-13-2008 08:00 PM

I know Nashville is on a tight budget right now but this could be a great signing for them. I hope they can keep Weber too. Of course then there's Radulov coming up next year (please correct me if I'm wrong)... Guess Poile is going to have to make a choice?

predfan24 06-13-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 14403021)
Supposedly, at around 4 million a year.

If true: Thoughts on the ramifications?

We know Weber is going nowhere.

I believe Zidlicky's NTC expires on July 1st.

Devries is a solid defender, but he is easily replaceable at 2.75 million.

Klein/Koistenen - both are in the same boat.

If Suter hypothetically signs, who leaves or are we staying the same.....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15682

I would love to get rid of De Vries but I doubt that will happen. As far as Zids goes I think he has a pretty sweet contract compared to how much he would command on the open market today, but I agree with your assesment that Zidlicky is a luxury we can't necessarily afford. If suter is really signed Zids becomes our most attrative avaiaible D man for sure. Even better package him and mase toegther and hope some sucker takes them.

Joe T Choker 06-13-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensFan101 (Post 14403146)
I know Nashville is on a tight budget right now but this could be a great signing for them. I hope they can keep Weber too. Of course then there's Radulov coming up next year (please correct me if I'm wrong)... Guess Poile is going to have to make a choice?

nope ... Sullivan and a couple of others come off the books in the next two years ... Sully's 3.2 off the books

Enoch 06-13-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer (Post 14403587)
nope ... Sullivan and a couple of others come off the books in the next two years ... Sully's 3.2 off the books

As is Devries at 2.75, and Bonk at whatever he makes (1.25?)

Joe T Choker 06-13-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 14403653)
As is Devries at 2.75, and Bonk at whatever he makes (1.25?)

according to IB ... Sully (3.2), DC - 10 (2.75), Bonk (1.6), Fiddler (900 K), Zanon, Orts & Nichol (750 K) and Smitty (525 K)

Ellis, Darcy, Gelinas, Hlavac, Yonkman, Willis, Henry, Langfeld (5 mil) off the books this offseason

worstfaceoffmanever 06-14-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer (Post 14403753)
according to IB ... Sully (3.2), DC - 10 (2.75), Bonk (1.6), Fiddler (900 K), Zanon, Orts & Nichol (750 K) and Smitty (525 K)

Ellis, Darcy, Gelinas, Hlavac, Yonkman, Willis, Henry, Langfeld (5 mil) off the books this offseason

But it's not really that much since the latter quartet spent most of the season in Milwaukee or on the IR, and Hlavac was a late addition so we paid less than 1/4 of his contract.

triggrman 06-14-2008 08:11 AM

Why are we on a tight budget. Everything Freeman has said points to the opposite.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-14-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensFan101 (Post 14403146)
I know Nashville is on a tight budget right now but this could be a great signing for them.

I guess you haven't done much research. Freeman has said the payroll will be between $46-48M this year.

Suter's signing fits in perfectly, but now Weber may be signed to a shorter term (1-2 year) deal for the chance at a bigger payday in the immediate future. That would be a big help towards getting Radulov signed as well.

nine_inch_fang 06-14-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 14406634)
I guess you haven't done much research. Freeman has said the payroll will be between $46-48M this year.

Suter's signing fits in perfectly, but now Weber may be signed to a shorter term (1-2 year) deal for the chance at a bigger payday in the immediate future. That would be a big help towards getting Radulov signed as well.

I guess I missed the quote where Freeman states "46-48 million".

worstfaceoffmanever 06-14-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 14410950)
I guess I missed the quote where Freeman states "46-48 million".

Somebody said $46-48M. It may not have been Freeman but I swear I've seen it quoted somewhere.

Paranoid Android 06-14-2008 11:16 PM

Any numbers stated have strictly been speculation. The only official thing we have is that our payroll increase will be the highest in the league - which isn't a hard thing to do when you had the lowest payroll in the league.

sparkle twin 06-15-2008 01:36 AM

According the latest Eklund blog: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15685
Quote:

According to multiple sources a Ryan Suter deal could be announced shortly and is indeed "COMPLETELY FINISHED." On source however has told me that Suter AND Weber deals may be announced together this week.
good news if indeed true.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-15-2008 01:41 AM

Again, it's Eklund. This could mean Suter is going to retire and become a crocodile hunter, for all we know of the accuracy of Eklund's rumors.

Wait for Reg Dunlop to confirm it before you go wasting all that delicious $5 champagne.

Joe T Choker 06-15-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 14412698)
Again, it's Eklund. This could mean Suter is going to retire and become a crocodile hunter, for all we know of the accuracy of Eklund's rumors.

Wait for Reg Dunlop to confirm it before you go wasting all that delicious $5 champagne.

QFMFT ... that guy is the gold standard when breaking signings

sparkle twin 06-15-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 14412698)

Well damn I freaking know that. That's why I put it here because this all started with an Eklund rumor. I'm just saying that he updated his rumor to include a possible Weber signing.

Enoch 06-15-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303 (Post 14412751)
Well damn I freaking know that. That's why I put it here because this all started with an Eklund rumor. I'm just saying that he updated his rumor to include a possible Weber signing.

And thanks for the update ... I tend to stay away from that site unless someone mentions Nashville.

Over/under on when the hypothetical signings are announced?

Today?
June 18?
July 1st?
Never! Suter will be traded and Weber will be signed to an offer sheet!

beastly115 06-15-2008 11:05 AM

Thought I would pass this along to you guys. Towards the bottom it says Suter has signed for 3.5M per. Doesn't say how long though. Either way, it's a great deal for you guys.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06152008...521.htm?page=0

oreilly22 06-15-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 14414149)
Thought I would pass this along to you guys. Towards the bottom it says Suter has signed for 3.5M per. Doesn't say how long though. Either way, it's a great deal for you guys.

Is this guy another one of the rumor mongers, or is this info legit?

predfan24 06-15-2008 11:52 AM

:nod:
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 14414149)

I am severly pessimistic but if that is true I'm going to cry tears of joy:nod: The way people were talking I thought it was gonna cost 4.5 Mil. 3.5 would be unbelievable.

Enoch 06-15-2008 12:33 PM

I'm waiting for the news to break. At the least, it certainly seems that this signing is going to take place...

Dionysus 06-15-2008 01:17 PM

If Suter and Weber both sign, what is the status of Kevin Klein? Is it likely he would be traded?

If he is, what would it take from Ottawa to acquire him?

worstfaceoffmanever 06-15-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heaterhassasin (Post 14415163)
If Suter and Weber both sign, what is the status of Kevin Klein? Is it likely he would be traded?

If he is, what would it take from Ottawa to acquire him?

If Suter and Weber both sign, Klein's gone. So... what would you be willing to part with for Mr. Klein?

Dionysus 06-15-2008 07:50 PM

Well, what is Nashville in need of most? I know that a top six forward would be a glaring need, but it would take more than Klein to get Vermette. Maybe Klein + 15th for Vermette +

Another possibility is something around Ottawa prospects for Klein. Ilja Zubov is a possibility, a good young forward who had a good rookie season in the AHL. Josh Hennesey is another, he still has decent potential, but has not been able to crack the sens lineup for an extended period.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-15-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heaterhassasin (Post 14417658)
Well, what is Nashville in need of most? I know that a top six forward would be a glaring need, but it would take more than Klein to get Vermette. Maybe Klein + 15th for Vermette +

Another possibility is something around Ottawa prospects for Klein. Ilja Zubov is a possibility, a good young forward who had a good rookie season in the AHL. Josh Hennesey is another, he still has decent potential, but has not been able to crack the sens lineup for an extended period.

Vermette would be a great addition, but I think he's going to command more salary-wise than we can afford with Radulov becoming an RFA next summer.

Can Zubov or Hennessey play wing? Otherwise they won't make it very far in this organization. We're pretty well set at center.