HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT - Iron Maiden last night at MSG (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=524844)

Bluenote13 06-16-2008 08:57 AM

OT - Iron Maiden last night at MSG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHN1Afo_hA

Power went out 6 minutes into Powerslave ! :yo::laugh:

Maiden was great, took almost ten minutes before power came back but Maiden was playing soccer on stage, funny stuff, good times.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 06-16-2008 09:01 AM

Sounds like the crowd took it well also.

Bluenote13 06-16-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 14421413)
Sounds like the crowd took it well also.

Surprisingly well considering how sober most seemed ;)

92hatchattack 06-16-2008 05:12 PM

Sorry, but i dont think anything could have beater Maiden on saturday and the PNC arts center.... Before Maiden came on the dark clouds came in... thunder and lightning and pouring rain all show.... it was so cool to be on the lawn ... getting soaked.... all i remember is looking back while maiden played.... and seeing hundreds of metal horns up in the air as lighting shot through the clouds.... ABSOLUTLY ****ING EPIC!

Cynical TyranT 06-16-2008 05:31 PM

Saw them here in Houston on this tour.

Weird set.

Bluenote13 06-16-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 14423746)
Sorry, but i dont think anything could have beater Maiden on saturday and the PNC arts center.... Before Maiden came on the dark clouds came in... thunder and lightning and pouring rain all show.... it was so cool to be on the lawn ... getting soaked.... all i remember is looking back while maiden played.... and seeing hundreds of metal horns up in the air as lighting shot through the clouds.... ABSOLUTLY ****ING EPIC!

Sounds like i wouldve loved it when I was 18, but now...i was glad to be indoors;)

Staalwart 06-16-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

I was there as well. One of the most amazing concerts I've ever been to. :yo:

tpb209 06-16-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

I was at that show as well and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to.

Colbs20 06-16-2008 06:03 PM

Didn't know there were many Maiden/hockey fans. Goin to see the boys in montreal next weekend, my 5th. i met them a few times and actually kept in touch with Jannick Gers of the band.(please no Jan bashing)

To the fellow that said odd setlist
this tour is to commemorate the seccond 4 albums maiden put out back in the 80s
(powerslave, Live after Death, Somewhere in Time, Seventh son of a Seventh son) so 99.9% of the setlist is from those albums, besides one song.
theyre doin this because they plan to slowly cut out the amount of classic songs they have in their set and focaus on newer stuff on the road(when it comes out, last tour they played their latest album from cover to cover. Sounded amazing needless to say.
thats the simmilar path they want to take when they write/record/release a new album, to kind of ween the fans off of the classic tracks, so they dont end up like Tom Jones Playing greatest hits all the time while bruce wails "Scream for me Las Vegas!"

I suggest everyone see this band at least once if theyre a metal head. nobody does a better show, close rivals are Megadeth and Metallica, but their lack of stage presensce makes it harder and harder to pay big big dollars for a bunch of guys locked into the same position.

92hatchattack 06-16-2008 06:08 PM

was anyone at both shows??? Id love to hear comparisons...

I belive this tour was to sort of avenge their last tour where alot of people were disapointed they didnt play many classics.... so Maiden gave them what they wanted this year... and can now safely justify touring a new album next year.. or the year after....... they will throw a few classics in here and there... but next time round will be their new album....

im sure we'll get another classic tour before the go away for good... but from the sound of it they dont plan on going anywhere anytime soon.... like he said " were gonna keep playing shows if people keep showing up for them"

Nekz 06-16-2008 06:14 PM

That was pretty awesome. Surprised that the crowd threw the ball back too.

303Joe 06-17-2008 09:52 PM

I was also there. Great show as usual by a great band. Yes they handled the power outage pretty well.

nyrmetros 06-18-2008 11:24 PM

Would have loved to see this show. Oh well.