HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Citi Field (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=524913)

BlueShirts88 06-16-2008 04:52 PM

OT: Citi Field

For all us Met fans out there!

There hasn't been much to cheer about these past few weeks, but I came across this 3-D rendering / seat finder of Citi Field. If it loads correctly, (took me a while) you should be able to take a tour of the different seating levels of the new stadium, where the boxes will be, how the seating chart will look, and how many rows and seating price levels there are. Each section you highlight corresponds to a different price range, and you can click it to get a 3-D look of what view you have from those seats. Cant wait for opening day next year! :yo:

http://www.seats3d.com/mlb/new_york_mets/

jmb9191 06-16-2008 05:36 PM

Mets? Whats that?

Ohhhh you mean the orginization that is dangling its manager by his ear as their scapegoat, causing a huge distraction for everyone involved when it comes to actually WINNING games? Ohhhhh that team.

...yeah, about them

Edge 06-16-2008 08:59 PM

Not a Mets fan, but I love the stadium design.

Son of Steinbrenner 06-16-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 14426584)

It's not Yankee Stadium...oh come I'm kidding...

I actually can't wait to go to Citi Field next season subway series game or not...i'm not trying to insult the mets or shea stadium but the Met fans have to feel a little bit like George and Weezie right now watching that place being built in center field...

Burlington Bomb 26 06-16-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 14426660)

I actually can't wait to go to Citi Field next season subway series game or not...i'm not trying to insult the mets or shea stadium but the Met fans have to feel a little bit like George and Weezie right now watching that place being built in center field...

Yankees, yuck.

The stadium design is really nice, i cant wait to go to a game.

Edge 06-16-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 14426660)

Be honest with you, and this is going to sound like blasphemy, but I kind of like the Citi Field design more than the new Yankee Stadium design.

I know, I know, I'm a traitor.

Son of Steinbrenner 06-16-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 14426693)
Be honest with you, and this is going to sound like blasphemy, but I kind of like the Citi Field design more than the new Yankee Stadium design.

I know, I know, I'm a traitor.

i think it's a taste thing...I mean i can appreciate Shea Stadium and I've had my memories there good and bad..(skipping school and taking a girl i really liked to her first mets game in high school...before interleague play they were just the other team in town i never hated the mets before 1997 i honestly don't know a yankees fan that did) I can appreciate how nice Citi-Field is going to be..(I'm also the guy who can appreciate Municipal Stadium in Cleveland so the moral of the story is i like ballparks...in the summer what's better then going to a game with your family?)

I got goosebumps outside looking at the new Yankee Stadium...I was against it and i still don't see the point of tearing down Yankee Stadium but if the outside looks as good as the inside i'm not going to have any complaints

Edge 06-16-2008 09:55 PM

For me, the new stadium just seems too dreary. It looks like a tomb to me.

Having said that, it is all about preferences. I've always been a big fan of brick or that kind of look in stadiums.

danno2530 06-16-2008 10:27 PM

Even though Shea is well past it's prime (I was at saturday's game in the mezzanine and it was actually leaking during the rain delay), I have alot of good memories from going to games there over the years even though I'm not a Mets fan. I'll miss it in a way but Citi Field is going to be an absolutely beautiful ballpark.

But I dunno, maybe I'm biased, but I just think the new Yankee Stadium is going to blow it away. As nice as the new style of ballparks are, alot of them kind of look the same. The new Yankee Stadium is going to look much like a combination of the new and the old park and I think it's going to be very unique.

Still, we're lucky to be able to have two brand new nice ballparks to go to next season.

ap215 06-17-2008 10:07 AM

That's really good.

xander 06-17-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb9191 (Post 14424138)
Mets? Whats that?

Ohhhh you mean the orginization that is dangling its manager by his ear as their scapegoat, causing a huge distraction for everyone involved when it comes to actually WINNING games? Ohhhhh that team.

...yeah, about them

I'm completely embarased over the way the mets handled the randolph situation, but the fan of an organization that ran Joe Torre out of town last fall has no right to talk.

xander 06-17-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 14426584)

I love the facade and the rotunda, but I don't like how the grandstands just seem to pop out of the brick structure below them. It has a bit too much of the new soldiers field 'spaceship landing on top of an old building look' to it.

And I hate the profile of the upper decks, but it's in line with all of the newer stadiums. I just hate that they sell the fans with: "there will be better site lines" when what they actually mean is: "there will be better sightlines for those in the expensive seats in the lower bowl, but those of you in the upper decks will have your seats pushed back 40 to 50 feet."

And, it would be nice if they actually built the stadium into a city block, rather than just trying to simulate the idea of asymmetry and uniqueness with random nooks and crannies in the outfield wall. Ebbets field was asymmetrical because it had to be, Citi's quirks feel like a gimmick. Then again, many of the new stadiums have gone this way, but they proved that you can do it properly with the new ballpark out in San Francisco.

Edit: I should emphasize that I am, on the whole, happy that they're building the new park, it will certainly be a major upgrade over shea, and there are some features that I really do like (the rotunda, the facade, the overhanging porch in right field), it's just far from ideal in my eyes. Then again, any stadium built on the same site as shea was going not going to be ideal. And I'm not terribly happy with the mets organization right now, and some of that comes out in the curmudgeonly nature of this post.

DevFan-RU- 06-17-2008 12:02 PM

They shoulda put orange seats in CitiField. They made a tribute (in terms of design/style) to the Dodgers, Giants, etc., but not their own team.

xander 06-17-2008 03:04 PM

oh come on, because the seats arn't orange? (I find orange too be an obnoxiously loud color to have everywhere in the stadium anyway.)

I have no problem with the Dodgers tribute, the Mets wouldn't exist if the Dodgers and Giants hadn't left, and most Dodgers fans did become Mets fans. Furthermore, I don't believe that either the current Dodgers or Giants organizations have anymore claim to their New York pasts than the Mets do. In my opinion, once you bail on a city, you shouldn't get to claim the heritage and history that you built in that city. As far as I'm concerned, the Mets are the heirs to the New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers, not the California incarnations of those teams. Why should the L.A. Dodgers or San Francisco Giants get to play up their New York pasts when they punched the city in the gut by leaving?

I feel the same way about the Braves having Harry Wright's name hanging in the outfield. Exactly what does Harry Wright (who founded the Boston Red Stockings, who would later become the Boston Braves) have to do with Atlanta?

Nich 06-17-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- (Post 14431169)
They shoulda put orange seats in CitiField. They made a tribute (in terms of design/style) to the Dodgers, Giants, etc., but not their own team.

ummm the orange in the uni comes from the giants....sooooo they actually don't need to do for their own team

and it looks really nice, but i think the new yankee stadium is gonna be top notch.

and run torre out of town? umm....hoes does 10+ years = run out of town? and especially since he has won with us, and we just wanted to get change under way since we haven't won it all in a while. much different then firing someone in the middle of the night.

BlueShirts88 06-17-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 14431139)
And I hate the profile of the upper decks, but it's in line with all of the newer stadiums. I just hate that they sell the fans with: "there will be better site lines" when what they actually mean is: "there will be better sightlines for those in the expensive seats in the lower bowl, but those of you in the upper decks will have your seats pushed back 40 to 50 feet."

What really gets me is they say that Citi Field will have better sightlines then Shea. Click on any of the outfield upper decks (500's Promenade) and its scary how much of the field is limited view. Section 501 has far worse sightlines then its equal section at Shea (Upper 30's), you can hardly see any of the baseline and only the tip of the foul pole.

Other then these quirks, I absolutly love the new design. The right field porch is great, as are the new outfield seats, and bridge seating. The design is supposed to be old fashion and has a good mix of old and new. I really cant wait to be there for opening day next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- (Post 14431169)

The seats are colored green to "reinforce the ideas that the stadium is environmentally efficient".
:shakehead:help:

xander 06-17-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 14433954)
ummm the orange in the uni comes from the giants....sooooo they actually don't need to do for their own team

and it looks really nice, but i think the new yankee stadium is gonna be top notch.

and run torre out of town? umm....hoes does 10+ years = run out of town? and especially since he has won with us, and we just wanted to get change under way since we haven't won it all in a while. much different then firing someone in the middle of the night.

yes. run out of town. When a manager does nothing but win and make the playoffs for 11 years and you then offer him a paycut and incentives (as if he needs a financial incentive to win) you are pretty much telling him that you don't want him back.

I cannot defend the way the Mets handled Willie, who I did not want to see fired. But after the way the Yankees treated Torre last fall, Yankee fans have no right to talk about the Mets right now.

But what do I know, I root for a team that plays in a league that needs to 'join the 21st century'...

Nich 06-17-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 14434046)
yes. run out of town. When a manager does nothing but win and make the playoffs for 11 years and you then offer him a paycut and incentives (as if he needs a financial incentive to win) you are pretty much telling him that you don't want him back.

I cannot defend the way the Mets handled Willie, who I did not want to see fired. But after the way the Yankees treated Torre last fall, Yankee fans have no right to talk about the Mets right now.

BUt what do I know, I root for a team that plays in a league that needs to 'join the 21st century'...

still disagree with you hugely, so i will keep my rights to talk about firing someone after the team won 3 out of 4...

and really, it wasn't that big of a slap in the face....when you are the yankees, your goal is a championship, not the playoffs.....and i can't remember but didn't winning a championship bring his pay past his last year here?

Brooklyn Ranger 06-17-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 14434046)

But what do I know, I root for a team that plays in a league that needs to 'join the 21st century'...

Here, here. I will never root for a team in a league that uses the DH.

xander 06-17-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 14434130)
still disagree with you hugely, so i will keep my rights to talk about firing someone after the team won 3 out of 4...

and really, it wasn't that big of a slap in the face....when you are the yankees, your goal is a championship, not the playoffs.....and i can't remember but didn't winning a championship bring his pay past his last year here?

Even if we put Torre aside, the Yankees are currently owned by a man who insults the intelligance of every baseball fan in america everytime he opens his mouth (which he does frequently.) My point here is not to sling mud, it's to point out that if Yankee fans want to throw dirt at the Met's front office, then there is plenty of ammo that us Mets fans can respond with. It's just better if we both keep to talking about our own respective teams, neither of which are in particuarly good positions right now.

Burlington Bomb 26 06-17-2008 03:50 PM

Im a Tampa fan and i was mad that the mets fired Randolph

Nich 06-17-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 14434505)
Even if we put Torre aside, the Yankees are currently owned by a man who insults the intelligance of every baseball fan in america everytime he opens his mouth (which he does frequently.) My point here is not to sling mud, it's to point out that if Yankee fans want to throw dirt at the Met's front office, then there is plenty of ammo that us Mets fans can respond with. It's just better if we both keep to talking about our own respective teams, neither of which are in particuarly good positions right now.

well once again i disagree...honestly, i don't care what anyone has to say about the yankees front office...i don't work there.....but as a person, who has morals, finds it terrible that you'd fire willie like they did.

nothing against the fans or anything, but how do you let him take the road trip only to win 3 out of 4 and then still fire him? so in other words you were hoping on him doing terrible on the road trip and then fire him? just doesn't sit well at all.

and yes you can point to numerous yankee things, but we are talking about this one. doesn't mean the other ones don't stink as well, but this is the worst breakup i have heard since a friend got dumped on a post-it....

Fletch 06-17-2008 04:02 PM

True Xander...

both deserve criticism. The one difference is if Torre took the Yankees' offer, I believe he would still be one of, if not the, top paid managers in the league, so even though it was a pay cut, perhaps one can argue he was being brought to market rates. It's not like his replacement received a better offer, which was, I believe, about half of what was offered to Torre.

On the subject of stadiums - I'm just getting old and don't mind the old stadiums. If I were to go to a game I'm going to watch the game, eat some dogs and drink some beers (if the new stadium comes with self-cleaning tap systems that ensure a clean, fresh beer on each poor, perhaps I'd reconsider my thoughts on a new stadium). I hated the stadium in which the White Sox played (it's not Comiskey Park and I'm not up with the new names) - it seemed like I was in New Jersey on a Saturday afternoon, around 4PM, walking through the food court of a mall. I go to bars whose biggest renovation in the last 12 years was a 32 inch LCD TV a couple years ago because demand for the World Cup was big. I'm sure it will look nice, but I'm fine with the way the stadium currently looks and feels.

xander 06-17-2008 04:04 PM

well I agree completely that this was a very bad job by the mets. My point is that it's silly and hypocritical for Yankee fans to gloat over how the mets organization is conducting itself when the yankees front office has embarrassed itself numerous times over the last six months. Neither team is putting their best foot forward right now, on the field or off the field. Lets just leave it at that.

Also, would it be possibloe to sticky this thread and make it the official NY baseball thread? We lost the last one a while ago and I know I'd like to have a baseball thread on this board, as I know there are plenty of knowledgeable baseball fans here that I enjoy discussing the sport with. I know this is a hockey board, but it can't hurt to have one official baseball thread, especially when you consider that new york is the baseball capital of the world.

xander 06-17-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 14434705)
On the subject of stadiums - I'm just getting old and don't mind the old stadiums. If I were to go to a game I'm going to watch the game, eat some dogs and drink some beers (if the new stadium comes with self-cleaning tap systems that ensure a clean, fresh beer on each poor, perhaps I'd reconsider my thoughts on a new stadium). I hated the stadium in which the White Sox played (it's not Comiskey Park and I'm not up with the new names) - it seemed like I was in New Jersey on a Saturday afternoon, around 4PM, walking through the food court of a mall. I go to bars whose biggest renovation in the last 12 years was a 32 inch LCD TV a couple years ago because demand for the World Cup was big. I'm sure it will look nice, but I'm fine with the way the stadium currently looks and feels.

I happen to agree on Yankee Stadium, I can't believe they're tearing it down and I also can't believe that more Yankee fans arn't irate over it. They're going to tear down down a historic, and completely functional building for the sake of pushing the upperdecks 50 feet further from the field and then they're going charge you %20 more for the privledge of sitting further from the action.

And I don't want to hear anything about the building being too old, it's 11 years younger than Fenway, and nobody's talking about tearing down Fenway because it doesn't work anymore.

I just hate to see a cathedral of the game torn down for no reason.

Now, Citi is a differant issue because Shea, for as many happy memories I have there, is a dump. It's our dump, but it's still a dump. Now I have some problems with the design of Citi, which I've stated above, but it's still a tremendous upgrade over Shea stadium. I just don't see any real upgrade in replacing Yankee stadium.