HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Malone to Columbus?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=525168)

Habs _Fan 06-17-2008 11:13 AM

Malone to Columbus??
 
The Habs should try to get him. I'd like to see him with us...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/253893.html

YMCMBeaulieu 06-17-2008 12:43 PM

Not worth wasting a pick for and not worth the $3.5-4.5 million he will probably get.

Maximus Taylor 06-17-2008 01:15 PM

I'd rather not see him with the habs.

WeThreeKings 06-17-2008 01:17 PM

I'd rather cut his legs off.

beowulf 06-17-2008 01:22 PM

Never, especially if the supposed asking price of $4.5M to $5M is at all true.

bhuya71 06-17-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 14431889)
I'd rather cut his legs off.

HAHAHAHAH thats so funny...no way i would take him for that price...in mtl he would actually have to have more talent than finishing off for geno...although he is a gritty and does crash net but still not worth the price tag why not just sign....SUNDIN!!!!

Arctic_Hab_Fan 06-17-2008 01:31 PM

People weren't happy with a 30 goal goal scorer in Ryder, what makes them think they'd be happy with Malone at 4 million or more and has never hit 30 goals even with super talanted centers?

Arctic_Hab_Fan 06-17-2008 01:37 PM

Ryder

314 Games played
99 Goals
108 Assists
207 Pts

Less than 3 million per season.

Malone

299 Games Played
87 Goals
82 Assists
169 Pts

Rumoured to be getting 3.5 million and upwards.

David_99 06-17-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan (Post 14432253)
Ryder

314 Games played
99 Goals
108 Assists
207 Pts

Less than 3 million per season.

Malone

299 Games Played
87 Goals
82 Assists
169 Pts

Rumoured to be getting 3.5 million and upwards.

Yeah but Malone didn't have Dandenault on his wing to inflate his numbers. ;)

Monctonscout 06-17-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs _Fan (Post 14430961)
The Habs should try to get him. I'd like to see him with us...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/253893.html

Not at the money he will cost...

Roulin 06-17-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 14431889)
I'd rather cut his legs off.

:handclap:


I'm not a Malone fan, I think he's overvalued after these playoffs. Even if he would be a good pickup, the Habs would have to clearly outbid western teams, as we're set up to be (one of) Pittsburgh's nemesis over the next few years.

gorrillaunit18 06-17-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan (Post 14432253)
Ryder

314 Games played
99 Goals
108 Assists
207 Pts

Less than 3 million per season.

Malone

299 Games Played
87 Goals
82 Assists
169 Pts

Rumoured to be getting 3.5 million and upwards.

Malone brings a little more to the table than Ryder does...sorry, but he does.

YMCMBeaulieu 06-17-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorrillaunit18 (Post 14432969)
Malone brings a little more to the table than Ryder does...sorry, but he does.

Yeah, he is bigger than Ryder so I guess he does eat more.

plafleur10 06-17-2008 02:23 PM

My sister would score 50 goals per year playing with Crosby/Malkin. Malone is a UFA trap in my view, enticing numbers but will have trouble scoring 20 once he no longer has Crosby/Malkin to feed him/open the ice for him. Please pass!

bhuya71 06-17-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorrillaunit18 (Post 14432969)
Malone brings a little more to the table than Ryder does...sorry, but he does.

do the math ryders ppg is about .65 where as malone's is .56 WITH MALKIN EFFECT might i add so i don't see how he brings a little more...if ur solely comparing stats

Tuggy 06-17-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs _Fan (Post 14430961)
The Habs should try to get him. I'd like to see him with us...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/253893.html

You would really pay Malone up to 5.5 a season?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2409...headlines_main

Quote:

The report indicates the Blue Jackets would likely offer Malone a four or five-year contract worth between $4.5 million and $5.5 million per season.
He was a product of playing on a team with Malkin and Crosby IMO.

David_99 06-17-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plafleur10 (Post 14433037)
My sister would score 50 goals per year playing with Crosby/Malkin. Malone is a UFA trap in my view, enticing numbers but will have trouble scoring 20 once he no longer has Crosby/Malkin to feed him/open the ice for him. Please pass!

Exactly. Remember a guy named Sheldon Souray? He was a good part of our PP at the time, sure, but he had a lot of help from Kovy and Markov taking guys off him and giving him the crisp passes. No way he would have gotten half those numbers in Edmonton, healthy or not. Now there is a headache of a contract.

Arctic_Hab_Fan 06-17-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorrillaunit18 (Post 14432969)
Malone brings a little more to the table than Ryder does...sorry, but he does.

That 'brings a little more' in my opinion isn't worth the additional 1.5 to 2 million cap hit above Ryder's. Malone stunk in the defensive department prior to this year, he played alot with Malkin and Crosby the past two seasons and managed just over 20 goals both seasons. These two are super talented players and Malone didn't turn into a Kevin Stevens or Rob Brown.

MathMan 06-17-2008 07:42 PM

Malone is overrated.

Unfortunately, Malone to Columbus also likely means Hossa is going to sign with the Penguins, which should drive a stake through any notion anyone still had that the salary cap was going to help parity.

Basically, attractive teams will get good players cheaper and unattractive teams will have to pay more for worse players, so the salary cap will make attractive teams more attractive and unattractive teams more unattractive, particularly if it continues to increase (so that attractive teams can keep loading up and force the rest to pay for scraps).

And while the cap prevents teams like the Rangers from being idiots, I think we'll keep seeing what we saw lately: Detroit, Colorado, Pittsburgh, and the Rangers will make most of the high-profile signings, with Toronto chiming in trying to tread water. Which makes you wonder what a lockout was for.

*: "Attractive" doesn't necessarily mean "good", though it helps. Montreal may or may not fall into that category this year, probably more middle of the road now.

toshiro 06-17-2008 07:48 PM

If an average player like Malone is worth 5 million should the cap be 105 million this year?
Think Marty Lapointe.

Souffle 06-17-2008 09:31 PM

I think Malone is underrated in this thread. He was a good player on a terrible Pittsburgh team long before Malkin or Crosby were there. He's a complete player. He can hit, fight, play special teams and play on a scoring line. The so-called Malkin effect is brought up all the time, but chemistry works two ways. His play helped Malkin find the open ice that in turn helped him find scoring opportunities.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that he's worth the 4.5 - 5 million he's liable to get in a bidding war, but I think he's exactly the kind of player that would fit in Montreal. A well-rounded, physical 20 goal scorer in his prime who can fight if the need arises. It's about much more than stats and Malkin. It's about the role he would fill that would let other players be more comfortable in theirs.

YMCMBeaulieu 06-17-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave (Post 14438880)
I think Malone is underrated in this thread. He was a good player on a terrible Pittsburgh team long before Malkin or Crosby were there. He's a complete player. He can hit, fight, play special teams and play on a scoring line. The so-called Malkin effect is brought up all the time, but chemistry works two ways. His play helped Malkin find the open ice that in turn helped him find scoring opportunities.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that he's worth the 4.5 - 5 million he's liable to get in a bidding war, but I think he's exactly the kind of player that would fit in Montreal. A well-rounded, physical 20 goal scorer in his prime who can fight if the need arises. It's about much more than stats and Malkin. It's about the role he would fill that would let other players be more comfortable in theirs.

At $2-2.5 million he's a good player who i'd love on our 3rd line, but he's going to get paid first liner money mainly because his points were inflated by playing with great players.

Artyukhin* 06-17-2008 10:29 PM

update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs _Fan (Post 14430961)
The Habs should try to get him. I'd like to see him with us...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/253893.html



http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/
June 17, 2008
Malone To Market

Ryan Malone has told The Dispatch tonight that he plans to test the free agent market on July 1, that he's not going to negotiate with any club -- Blue Jackets, Wild, anybody -- before free agency.

Here's his explanation: "I don't want any team I go to to give up a possible teammate. So we will wait till the first."




I asked Malone point-blank if he would consider the Blue Jackets on July 1: "Yes. Yes I would. I am considering other teams as well."

HamrlikTheStud* 06-17-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 14439752)
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/
June 17, 2008
Malone To Market

Ryan Malone has told The Dispatch tonight that he plans to test the free agent market on July 1, that he's not going to negotiate with any club -- Blue Jackets, Wild, anybody -- before free agency.

Here's his explanation: "I don't want any team I go to to give up a possible teammate. So we will wait till the first."




I asked Malone point-blank if he would consider the Blue Jackets on July 1: "Yes. Yes I would. I am considering other teams as well."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAAHA! !! The Hos I can feel him :scared::scared::scared:

... i need some sleep.

Monctonscout 06-18-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 14433267)
You would really pay Malone up to 5.5 a season?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2409...headlines_main



He was a product of playing on a team with Malkin and Crosby IMO.

That's another guy who will be grossly overpaid...4.5-5.5 mil a year to score 20 goals...priceless!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.