HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hordichuk Traded To Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=525956)

worstfaceoffmanever 06-19-2008 02:25 PM

Hordichuk Traded To Hurricanes

For 5th rounder in 2009

Sad to see Darcy go, but that's great value for him. That 5th rounder is better than Hordichuk will ever be.

So who takes his place? Kelsey Wilson? Georges Laraque?

jstreet 06-19-2008 02:29 PM

interesting, good that Poile is finally clearing out the 4th liners, but I feel strangely sad that it had to be Hordichuk.

I guess it doesnt matter too much since he only played 4 minutes per game.

BigFatCat999 06-19-2008 02:31 PM

Now if can more Ortmeyer and Smithson I'll be impressed.

barrytrotzsneck 06-19-2008 02:37 PM

One of my favorite players. Too bad it wasn't Smithson or Ortmeyer instead.

Enoch 06-19-2008 04:33 PM

He could have been more here. His speed fit in so well.....Its a shame he never was able to evolve into a more complete checker. I loved his time here in Nashville, and if the rumors about us offering him a contract are true, then trading him at this juncture (since he obviously hasn't signed it) is only a gain.

Paincakes 06-19-2008 04:37 PM

Man I loved Hordi, that guy was badass. Oh well, have fun in Carolina.

worstfaceoffmanever 06-19-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 14463150)
He could have been more here. His speed fit in so well.....Its a shame he never was able to evolve into a more complete checker.

I think Hordichuk had pretty well hit his zenith in our organization.

sparkle twin 06-20-2008 12:14 AM

good grief, no hordichuk no shelley. What will become of the Nashville/CBJ rivalry?

I understand the move, but it's sad. He was such a great guy here in the city.

So, who is going to take his place? We have no enforcers anymore. Guys can fight and take care of themselves but we have no one to take on the real big heavys now. :(

Brassard Calder 06-20-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303 (Post 14469376)
good grief, no hordichuk no shelley. What will become of the Nashville/CBJ rivalry?

Boll and Tootoo;)

jstreet 06-20-2008 08:23 AM

I ran into Hordi and his fiance at the time while walking around Opryland Hotel around Christmastime. He stopped me and asked if I would mind taking their picture by the gigantic Christmas tree. We had a brief exchange, just oozed personality and seemed like a great guy.

Plus, Im really going to miss that "Im totally demented and will eat your soul" look he gave guys before and after a fight.

crossxcheck 06-20-2008 09:39 AM

Hordi is easily one of the nicest Preds I've ever met. Very friendly and open to fans. His presence in the locker room will surely be missed, but his on-ice presence was nothing special.

DManPreds11 06-21-2008 02:52 PM

Man I hate this move even though a 5th is good, Hordi was the man from the time he signed here. I was dreading the day we'd let him go, but I seen it coming with his playing time at the end of the season dropping off. Canes will love him as we did and he will br greatly missed in a Preds uniform. My kids were upset when I told them. Good luck HORDI!!

oreilly22 06-21-2008 03:57 PM

Absolute genius move by Poile. We picked up a 5th round pick in a stacked draft for a ufa enforcer who barely saw any ice time at all on our club anyway. :handclap:

Caniac4ever 06-23-2008 07:13 PM

Well my fellow hockey fans, it looks like all we did was swap 5th round picks... Looks like someone wants to play hard to get... :arr:

Hordichuk headed to free agency
Submitted by ldecock on Mon, 06/23/2008 - 16:25
Tags: Lord Stanley's Blog | Darcy Hordichuk

Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford confirmed Monday that negotiations with Darcy Hordichuk have broken off and the Canes will not sign the free-agent forward before he hits the open market next week.

Carolina sent a fifth-round pick in 2009 to Nashville for the rights to the rough-and-tumble forward Thursday, but were unable to work out a deal. They'll get Nashville's fifth-round pick in 2010 if they don't sign him before training camp which looks unlikely.

"We're not going to get anything done with him," Rutherford said. "The fact that we had tried to get a jump on it and he wasn't interested in what we had to say, it would appear we're not getting him."

Enoch 06-23-2008 07:39 PM

Wow...that sucks....

nine_inch_fang 06-23-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 14541842)
Wow...that sucks....

Yeah like since he's probably looking to go to CBJ