HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund McKee to Buffalo? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=526421)

Randall Ritchey 06-20-2008 03:01 PM

McKee to Buffalo?

I am listening to Eklund right now on rumourcast and he just stated about that Buffalo has inquired on bring Jay McKee back.

BUCKSHOT 06-20-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemps (Post 14478398)
I am listening to Eklund right now on rumourcast and he just stated about that Buffalo has inquired on bring Jay McKee back.

No thanks, Jay's better days are behind him, IMO

Jeffro 06-20-2008 03:03 PM

Strickland just said the Blues are done until they pick.

New Sabres Captain 06-20-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT (Post 14478413)
No thanks, Jay's better days are behind him, IMO

I would've like to resign him when he left, but not for 4M. And he's gotten older and more fragile since then. I think this is a classic case of Eklund making things up.

flannelman 06-20-2008 03:11 PM

could have sworn that a poster on these boards had proposed this in a trade proposal thread in the past two days.

BUCKSHOT 06-20-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 14478582)
could have sworn that a poster on these boards had proposed this in a trade proposal thread in the past two days.

probably, they have to get ideas from somewhere

TehDoak 06-20-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT (Post 14478614)
probably, they have to get ideas from somewhere

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...7&postcount=25

sweeet, i'm a source

flannelman 06-20-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDoak (Post 14478656)

two thumbs up

BUCKSHOT 06-20-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDoak (Post 14478656)

get some cash for that doak

lemieux32* 06-20-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro (Post 14478427)
Strickland just said the Blues are done until they pick.

He also said the Blues weren't trading Weight...right before he was traded.

Randall Ritchey 06-20-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieux32 (Post 14478738)

Ding Ding Ding. I am one of the VERY FEW Blues fans who like Afinogenov. McKee for Afinogenov. I would do this trade. We get 500K more in salary and we get a scorer. He has 314 points in 521 games. Yes he has an injury thing. but so does McKee. Well McKee did. He did good this year. But I would do this just to get the goals. We get a spot for one of our many young defensive prospects. Wagner for myself.

Ian1085 06-20-2008 03:46 PM

I'd definitely bring Jay back at the right price. If he is willing to restructure his contract he'd be here in a heartbeat. He's nothing but a class act and a hell of a guy.

lemieux32* 06-20-2008 03:47 PM

I believe you can't restructure contracts in the new CBA

BUCKSHOT 06-20-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian1085 (Post 14479315)
I'd definitely bring Jay back at the right price. If he is willing to restructure his contract he'd be here in a heartbeat. He's nothing but a class act and a hell of a guy.

he may be all that, but he isn't a great defenseman any more. He has lost a step

Checker* 06-20-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieux32 (Post 14478738)

Should we mention all the crap Eklund has said over the years that he pulled out of his ass.

In a credibility battle, it's Strickland over Eklund by a mile and a half, and I'm not even that big of a Strickland fan.

Randall Ritchey 06-20-2008 03:52 PM

What is going to happen if we actually trade for Spezza? I will laugh. Then cry. Then jump for joy. :)

SabresAreScaryGood 06-20-2008 03:53 PM

Just one question, whats more credible, a rumor post or an Eklund post?

TrustInJarmo* 06-20-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemps (Post 14479034)
Ding Ding Ding. I am one of the VERY FEW Blues fans who like Afinogenov. McKee for Afinogenov. I would do this trade. We get 500K more in salary and we get a scorer. He has 314 points in 521 games. Yes he has an injury thing. but so does McKee. Well McKee did. He did good this year. But I would do this just to get the goals. We get a spot for one of our many young defensive prospects. Wagner for myself.

I have been on Maxim's tail for over a year.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...t=TrustInJarmo

I would do McKee for Maxim...but I would want a mid round pick (4th) back with Maxim.

Frenzy1 06-20-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieux32 (Post 14479480)
A few years back a guy on another forum did research on how often Ecklund is correct. Using the ratings system as to what was just something he reported hearing and what he reported as being done or going to be done Eklund had a slightly better percentage then people like McKenzie. Not that I expect that to change anything since people like to ignore facts when hating Eklund.

Define Correct. Stating that player X will be traded to team A, B, C or D.... Or stating that UFA X will sign with A, B, C, or D....

I am sorry, but I don't call that correct. I call that throwing **** at the wall.

I don't like Eklund and I don't like Garriott for the same reason. They post stuff to hear themselves speak and generate traffic to their websites/paper. Generated solely by greed and w/ no real inside information then a gut feeling - which quite frankly you and I could do and may do a better job of it.

If you have true inside information list the team and the players ahead of time. Dont pull this Spezza on the trading blocks crap. Because ALL ****ING PLAYERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR TRADE.

Ian1085 06-20-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT (Post 14479378)
he may be all that, but he isn't a great defenseman any more. He has lost a step

True, but bringing him in for possibly a Numminen role as a #6/#7 provided he could come at a discount would be great, especially as a lockerroom presence.

BUCKSHOT 06-20-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian1085 (Post 14479706)
True, but bringing him in for possibly a Numminen role as a #6/#7 provided he could come at a discount would be great, especially as a lockerroom presence.

not at 4 million per .....

Randall Ritchey 06-20-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo (Post 14479491)
I have been on Maxim's tail for over a year.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...t=TrustInJarmo

I would do McKee for Maxim...but I would want a mid round pick (4th) back with Maxim.

It would replace our 4th we trade for Mason. But even it was a later pick like 5th or 6th. I'd still take it. I'd have offense then a defensemen who we could replace easier.

Ian1085 06-20-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT (Post 14479726)
not at 4 million per .....

I agree. I was just saying if we could get him at a discount by restructuring his contract I would go for it, but like another poster said, I think the CBA prohibits restructuring, so in that case I'd probably pass on bringing him back.

Bruwinz37 06-20-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian1085 (Post 14479769)
I agree. I was just saying if we could get him at a discount by restructuring his contract I would go for it, but like another poster said, I think the CBA prohibits restructuring, so in that case I'd probably pass on bringing him back.

I dont think the CBA will allow him to restructure his contract.

Frenzy1 06-20-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieux32 (Post 14479780)
1) It's Garrioch

2) You have provided a glowing example of what I said. Perhaps if you let go of your hate and actually read what Eklund says and about his rating system you would see that he is no worse then any of the other people who report rumors, like McKenzie.

1. Oooppps...

2. My problem isn't that he puts it out there. It is that he "Has insider information" and publishes crap he knows isn't real or true (trade rumors specifically). You and I don't go around putting stuff we know to be BS out on the internet for personal gain.

Lets face facts, when trades occur, it is usually kept under lock and key until the news has been broken to the players. Even at the trade deadline, while we know who is likely available and who is chasing those players - we have no real idea of what will be coming back in the trade or which team in the end will come down with the soon to be UFA.

For example the last two trades (Mayers and Mason) there was no media leak. It was shocking to everyone. (While fans figured Mason was available - no one broke the deal ahead of time - which is what often happens).

From a personall stand point, I don't like Rumor mongering. Because for the most part it is bogus.