HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   From the horse's mouth... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52663)

PredsMan 02-16-2004 09:32 AM

From the horse's mouth...

This was all "off the record" at the "Skate of the Union" meeting Friday night.

Leipold said that the CBA wasn't going to be as hard as it's been made to seem. He seemed very positive about it. He said to ignore the banter that goes back and forth in the press.

He was asked about getting a rental-type player--he said that he had told Poile that he wants this team in the playoffs this year. Poile then laid out a handful of deals that he could make "Right now". But, they were gonna cost us last year's 1st (Suter), next years 1st, etc... The price was just too high.

He commented on Zhamnov as an example of a rental-type player....Said Chicago want's a 1st round pick for him.

Obviously, this is all paraphrased...not meant to be very specific.

tulsytrid1 02-16-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
This was all "off the record" at the "Skate of the Union" meeting Friday night.

Leipold said that the CBA wasn't going to be as hard as it's been made to seem. He seemed very positive about it. He said to ignore the banter that goes back and forth in the press.

He was asked about getting a rental-type player--he said that he had told Poile that he wants this team in the playoffs this year. Poile then laid out a handful of deals that he could make "Right now". But, they were gonna cost us last year's 1st (Suter), next years 1st, etc... The price was just too high.

He commented on Zhamnov as an example of a rental-type player....Said Chicago want's a 1st round pick for him.

Obviously, this is all paraphrased...not meant to be very specific.

Wirtz is crazy if he thinks he will get a first from anyone for Zhamnov. Well maybe the Wings would do it, but I don't see anyone else paying that much for a rent a player. I was thinking maybe a 2nd or 3rd tops.

Enoch 02-16-2004 10:46 AM

Suter is potentialy the best player we have ever drafted. Trading him away, would be a huge blow.

crossxcheck 02-16-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Suter is potentialy the best player we have ever drafted. Trading him away, would be a huge blow.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of suter being traded already much less for a rental player.

darth5 02-16-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of suter being traded already much less for a rental player.

I agree-- don't see that happening. Maybe one of the other prospect Ds picked up in the last draft, but not Suter.