HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Official 'We Want Jason Smith' Thread.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52676)

TehDoak 02-16-2004 10:59 AM

The Official 'We Want Jason Smith' Thread..

I know there is a few of us who want Jason Smith from the Oil, so lend your support here.

Fan-of-#9 02-16-2004 11:21 AM

I

JOHNBOY 02-16-2004 11:29 AM

We need Smith. He would add experience and depth to our squad.
I also would like to see Sean Hill to Buffalo.

Here would be our D-line up with those two:

Zhitnik-Kalinin
Mckee-Smith
Hill-Tallinder

scratches-Patrick and Fitzpatrick

Then you could scrap Delmore and Cambell.

KillToronto 02-16-2004 11:33 AM

If we could just get rid of Campbell, I'd be happy. He's the new Mike Wilson, IMO.

Rhett4 02-16-2004 12:40 PM

I'm at the point now where I don't care who they bring in here. I just don't understand how Regier can be okay with playing with half an AHL defense.

With Patrick, Mckee, and Fitzpatrick on the sideline, you can't wait for them to return. Any GM with a pulse would be making a move right now and bringing someone in here. There are plenty of sellers out there. It's time for Regier to hand out another draft pick or prospect and get a player.

littleHossa 02-16-2004 12:56 PM

a bit late, but what would you of though about Weinrich for almost nothing?

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 02-16-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
I'm at the point now where I don't care who they bring in here. I just don't understand how Regier can be okay with playing with half an AHL defense.

With Patrick, Mckee, and Fitzpatrick on the sideline, you can't wait for them to return. Any GM with a pulse would be making a move right now and bringing someone in here. There are plenty of sellers out there. It's time for Regier to hand out another draft pick or prospect and get a player.

Amen.

On ESPN, they were talking how Andy Murray has dealt with injuries, and surely he has. But LA started with more talent to start. Ruff is doing an amazing job with this defense. Remember also that at the start of the season, Kalinin was not considered a top pairing defenseman.

Rhett4 02-16-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Amen.

On ESPN, they were talking how Andy Murray has dealt with injuries, and surely he has. But LA started with more talent to start. Ruff is doing an amazing job with this defense. Remember also that at the start of the season, Kalinin was not considered a top pairing defenseman.

Ruff has done an amazing job with Zhitnik and Kalinin. They just need some support, and I think it's Regier's job to provide that. If only we were the GM...

WoahBoy 02-16-2004 03:07 PM

Janik is $$$
Dave Cullen isn't.
Anyone wanna give Mrozik a look? :dunno:

billsandsabres 02-16-2004 06:00 PM

i want jason smith in a goathead

Slangston 02-16-2004 06:06 PM

I'm all for adding Jason Smith. :handclap:

Satan81 02-16-2004 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've wanted Jason Smith to be a Sabre longer than any other player - at least any other player that we could realistically get. I asked Jim Kelley about possibly acquiring him on Sharpshooters a month ago and he said he didn't hear anything about it. I've heard a lot of rumors recently though.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 02-16-2004 08:14 PM

You know Jason Smith is a RH shot, right?

billsandsabres 02-16-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan81
I've heard a lot of rumors recently though.

i feel like the majority of the smith rumors are generated at hfboards
i seldom see his name come up from legit sources
thats not to say that i don't think he'll be traded, because frankly, i leave trying to accurately forecast deadline deals to larry brooks and bruce garrioch who waved their credibility bye-bye years ago and thus have nothing to lose
i'm still hangin on tight to a thread

Satan81 02-16-2004 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

You know Jason Smith is a RH shot, right?

RattledSABRE 02-17-2004 01:46 AM

I scour the net and the papers as often as I can (pretty much every day) and I haven't heard word one about a proposed Smith to Buffalo deal.Whoever said the only rumours were from this board was probably right.Sometimes the more you hear or read something the more you want or think it may be true.Unfortunately in this case it is nothing more than a dream.Yes ,Smith would be ideal,No , not one Darcy will be making.

Mr Brownstone 02-17-2004 10:14 AM

Jason Smith sounds real good right about now.

JOHNBOY 02-17-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Jason Smith sounds real good right about now.

We could really use his experience right now. He is just what this team need's. :D

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 02-17-2004 03:09 PM

You realize Smith's number is #21, not the mirror image of 7, right?

Satan81 02-17-2004 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

You realize Smith's number is #21, not the mirror image of 7, right?

Holy crap. Anything else? :p

TVanek26* 02-17-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

He won't be a Sabre, this year atleast.Eh,I'm more interested in a long term deal.A guy like Lydman would be nice.

Ruckus007 02-17-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
He won't be a Sabre, this year atleast.Eh,I'm more interested in a long term deal.A guy like Lydman would be nice.

I'm not so sure about that. Edmonton's falling out of the playoff race and losing Conklin does nothing but hurt them. I think he might be available at the deadline.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 02-17-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

I'm sure a former captain would at least have an A in Buffalo. Plus, the goathead wouldn't be a mirror image.

And Doug Gilmour would be bloodied.

TehDoak 02-17-2004 08:58 PM

We Want Smith! We Want Smith!

Satan81 02-17-2004 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I'm sure a former captain would at least have an A in Buffalo. Plus, the goathead wouldn't be a mirror image.

And Doug Gilmour would be bloodied.

Man, I'm good. :yo: