HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   When is the traverse city tournament (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=527404)

Cherepanisimov 06-22-2008 07:51 PM

When is the traverse city tournament

hmm?

Carlos Ranger 06-22-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

The prospect tournament, which is scheduled for Sept. 13 to 17, will feature entries from the Atlanta Thrashers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues. The full schedule has not been determined.

Tickets are expected to be $5 per day and should be available on game days.

Training camp will begin Sept. 20 and 21 with morning practices, with ticket prices of $15 for reserved seating and $10 for standing room. The gold-medal game is will be Sept. 22 ($20 reserved and $15 standing) and the red-and-white game concludes camp on Sept. 23 at 6 p.m. ($25 reserved and $20 standing).
http://www.redwingscentral.com/stori...CityUpdate.php

Leslie Treff 06-25-2008 07:14 PM

I will be covering this tournament. I will have help this year from another staffer. Expect nightly recap articles.

Forechecker 06-25-2008 07:42 PM

Wow, it seems late this year. Hasn't it been in August in prior years?

NYR Viper 06-25-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Treff (Post 14570381)
I will be covering this tournament. I will have help this year from another staffer. Expect nightly recap articles.

looking forward to it:yo:

Leslie Treff 06-25-2008 07:51 PM

It has been in early September, the week after Labor Day. Because Labor Day is on the first of September, it is still high season up there until the next weekend. Last year, the tourney started on the 7th, this year, the 13th.

It is only a guess, but I think the cost of putting everyone up in high season would have been prohibitive, if everyone could have even gotten hotel rooms.

BTW, Tom Renney told me on Monday, he expects to take more than half of the guys in Development Camp to Traverse City.

jas 06-25-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Treff (Post 14570752)
It has been in early September, the week after Labor Day. Because Labor Day is on the first of September, it is still high season up there until the next weekend. Last year, the tourney started on the 7th, this year, the 13th.

It is only a guess, but I think the cost of putting everyone up in high season would have been prohibitive, if everyone could have even gotten hotel rooms.

BTW, Tom Renney told me on Monday, he expects to take more than half of the guys in Development Camp to Traverse City.

I'd love to see Cherepanov there.

wolfgaze 06-25-2008 08:10 PM

There was mention of Cherepanov by Renney in today's Blueshirt Bulletin blog...

Quote:

Alexei Cherepanov: "We'd sure like to see that," he said of the Rangers' first rounder a year ago coming over from Russia for training camp in September. "They're working on that right now. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen. You always like to know where your guys are, how far away they are. But there's a bit of a political thing to it as well. It's part of a contract thing we have to work through. If we can get him to Traverse City [for the Prospect Tournament], that would be great."
Although I don't see this happening as his season in the RSL would have started by this time...

Leslie Treff 06-25-2008 08:14 PM

Yes, that was the quote that Renney gave all of us on Monday. The look on his face did not look optimistic though.

BDubinskyNYR17* 06-26-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Treff (Post 14571043)
Yes, that was the quote that Renney gave all of us on Monday. The look on his face did not look optimistic though.

why is it soo little teams?? it be nice rangers vs devils in this tournament or rangers islanders, rangers flyers. and how come no detroit this year?

MortUWary 06-26-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCallahan43 (Post 14574110)
why is it soo little teams?? it be nice rangers vs devils in this tournament or rangers islanders, rangers flyers. and how come no detroit this year?

Click the link... It's a link to the Red Wings' website where it mentions that they will be hosting the annual tournament again. They're kind of a given to be in the tourney.

free0717 06-26-2008 09:20 AM

What is the player eligibility of the tournament?

BDubinskyNYR17* 06-26-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortUWary (Post 14576461)
Click the link... It's a link to the Red Wings' website where it mentions that they will be hosting the annual tournament again. They're kind of a given to be in the tourney.

oh ok but how come only 2 eastern conference teams why not islanders in this as well? or flyers