HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Predict Rangers G - A - P totals for the upcoming season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=528675)

Cynical TyranT 06-26-2008 07:02 AM

Predict Rangers G - A - P totals for the upcoming season

Edit: Dont bother. Everybody here's a smartass that cant bother predicting anything of their own who thinks there's no way Drury hits 40, Dubi breaks 30, and Dawes and Cally cant possibly hit 20.

Nekz 06-26-2008 08:38 AM

You may want to wait till AFTER July 1st. This way it gives everyone a chance to guess totals based on possible line combinations.

Trxjw 06-26-2008 09:00 AM

I think those estimates are way too high. Just my opinion. Dubi is notching 67 points without Jagr? When did Dubinsky turn into Mike Richards?

I also can't see Drury netting a career high in goals with no real linemates and a defensive system.

nyr2k2 06-26-2008 09:00 AM

I can't predict until I have a more clear picture of what the roster will look like.

NYROrtsFan 06-26-2008 09:03 AM

The only number that i see even close to realistic out of that is maybe Gomez. The rest is too high and would ask for career years from just about every player.

Cynical TyranT 06-26-2008 09:06 AM

If they dont post career highs, we go nowhere.

Take Straka, Shanny and Jagr's scoring totals out of the picture... and distribute them out... SOMEBODY is going to have to score... and without those three, they'll also be getting more PP time... etc etc... so it SHOULD be up.

Maybe some of you should think about WHY they'd be getting career highs, also.

If they DONT score... this team goes absolutely nowhere.

Im going for optimism. And it COULD happen. Im not saying Cally's gonna net 38, here, am I? Blake hit 40.. Cheechoo hit 50... Boyes hit 40.... how awesome again was Jokinen his first few years? Etc etc.

nyr2k2 06-26-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 14577074)
If they dont post career highs, we go nowhere.

Take Straka, Shanny and Jagr's scoring totals out of the picture... and distribute them out... SOMEBODY is going to have to score... and without those three, they'll also be getting more PP time... etc etc... so it SHOULD be up.

Maybe some of you should think about WHY they'd be getting career highs, also.

If they DONT score... this team goes absolutely nowhere.

Im going for optimism. And it COULD happen. Im not saying Cally's gonna net 38, here, am I? Blake hit 40.. Cheechoo hit 50... Boyes hit 40.... how awesome again was Jokinen his first few years? Etc etc.

But we don't really know that, since we really don't know what the team will look like in a month.

Fletch 06-26-2008 09:22 AM

Too early for predictions...

we can't predict what the lines will look like because this team is currently missing at least 3 top six forwards and a couple defensemen. Further, to fill the top six forward spots some guys who may be slotted into bottom six slots may be moved. Not trying to be a smartass, but right now Renney doesn't have a clue who's going to play with Dubi, Drury, Gomez and Betts and therefore can't have a guess as to what their production may be.

Fletch 06-26-2008 09:44 AM

It would actually be funny...

because as of now the lineup, based on signed players (at least those I believe are signed) would look something like:

Dawes (21) (although Dawes still needs to be qualified) - Gomez (20) - Prucha (20)
Korpikoski (6) -Drury (22) - Cally (14)
Byers (4) -Dubi (11) - G. Moore (7)
Hollweg (2) - Betts (6) - Orr (2)

Defense:

Potter (3) - Staal (3)
Girardi (11) - Tyutin (7)
Backman (8) - Pock (6)

Total: 173, or 2.11 per game.

Note: Sjostrom is not signed and therefore didn't fit. Yeah, you'd rather have Cally with Dubi or maybe Dawes with Drury, etc., but that's the best I can fit in the players who are currently signed.

GarretJoseph* 06-26-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 14577450)
because as of now the lineup, based on signed players (at least those I believe are signed) would look something like:

Dawes (21) (although Dawes still needs to be qualified) - Gomez (20) - Prucha (20)
Korpikoski (6) -Drury (22) - Cally (14)
Byers (4) -Dubi (11) - G. Moore (7)
Hollweg (2) - Betts (6) - Orr (2)

Defense:

Potter (3) - Staal (3)
Girardi (11) - Tyutin (7)
Backman (8) - Pock (6)

Total: 173, or 2.11 per game.

Note: Sjostrom is not signed and therefore didn't fit. Yeah, you'd rather have Cally with Dubi or maybe Dawes with Drury, etc., but that's the best I can fit in the players who are currently signed.

First overall pick here we come!!

Cherepanisimov 06-26-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 14577535)
First overall pick here we come!!

:nod: cant wait