HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   It's As Bad As It Gets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52957)

KING 02-17-2004 06:50 AM

It's As Bad As It Gets

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/15737.htm

KING 02-17-2004 06:51 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-144580c.html

KING 02-17-2004 06:57 AM

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

True Blue 02-17-2004 07:46 AM

""I don't know how we can address it any more than we have," said Sather, whose team is the most penalized in the league. "You go to the player and talk to him and he says, 'I know, I know; I'm not going to do that.' "

Either benching players has never occurred to the coach, or the GM gave a lot of his players no-benching clauses in their contract. Maybe that's it. "

You don't know how to address it, Glen? Gee, how about by not sending the offending player right back out on his next shift? It's not that benching ALL players did not occur to Saviour Glen, it's that benching those players w/o options to Hartford did not occur to them. Or maybe Brooks is right, maybe when Jackass signed them, he promised them a hands-off policy.

Fletch 02-17-2004 08:45 AM

Yeah, smart Glen...

I guess stupid penalties are tolerated. One thing about that is that the Rangers have a group of guys who will, over time, accumulate their fair (and unfair) amount of penalty minutes. Holik is around a 100 PIM per season guy, and that's just because of the way he plays and a good deal of minutes is not warranted. That I can understand not disciplining a guy. But the lazy, careless and bonehead penalties should not be tolerated. But it's too late. Early in the season was the time to make that stand. It's just too late now.

Melrose_Jr. 02-17-2004 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Sather
"I don't know...."

I think those 3 words sum up 4 long years. I listended to the post game press conference yesterday and Sather was dumbstruck. I mean, at a total loss as to even know how to respond to the questioning, nevermind address the on-ice problems.

I tell ya man, I'm getting real freakin' nervous about how these deadline deals are going to go down. He's either going to royally eff up these transactions, or fly off on some ego trip about compensation and end up moving nothing before 9th.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-17-2004 08:49 AM

I don't know how we can address it any more than we have," said Sather, whose team is the most penalized in the league. "You go to the player and talk to him and he says, 'I know, I know; I'm not going to do that.'"

This statement says it all. What's the point of coaching these guys anymore? If this comment does raise Dolan's eye brow, nothing will.

shmekel 02-17-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I don't know how we can address it any more than we have," said Sather, whose team is the most penalized in the league. "You go to the player and talk to him and he says, 'I know, I know; I'm not going to do that.'"

This statement says it all. What's the point of coaching these guys anymore? If this comment does raise Dolan's eye brow, nothing will.

*sigh*

Nothing will.

OldBlueshirt 02-17-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think those 3 words sum up 4 long years. I listended to the post game press conference yesterday and Sather was dumbstruck. I mean, at a total loss as to even know how to respond to the questioning, nevermind address the on-ice problems.

This is a "good" sign that the end is near for him. Campbell, Muckler, & Low all reached the dumbstruck level just before their own demise.

Brooklyn Ranger 02-17-2004 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldBlueshirt
This is a "good" sign that the end is near for him. Campbell, Muckler, & Low all reached the dumbstruck level just before their own demise.

Boy, I hope so....

sickboy35 02-17-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Boy, I hope so....

i think low was famous for those three words! as were jeff spicoli and mr.hand!!
:joker:

Brooklyn Ranger 02-17-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
i think low was famous for those three words! as were jeff spicoli and mr.hand!!

What great company! Thanks for pointing that one out--it just made my day (note to self: find gun, shoot someone goes to top of the to-do list :D ) :cry:

sickboy35 02-17-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
What great company! Thanks for pointing that one out--it just made my day (note to self: find gun, shoot someone goes to top of the to-do list :D ) :cry:

don't waste on arbitrary person?? save it for sather!!
;)

True Blue 02-17-2004 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35

But Mr. Dolan....If it is your team and it is my team, shouldn't it be OUR team?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-17-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
But Mr. Dolan....If it is your team and it is my team, shouldn't it be OUR team?

I don't know

I. Don't. Know. I like that. Will we make the playoffs? Gee, Mr. Sather, I don't know. Will I have a job next season? Gee Mr. Sather, I don't know.

True Blue 02-17-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

I don't know

I. Don't. Know. I like that. Will we make the playoffs? Gee, Mr. Sather, I don't know. Will I have a job next season? Gee Mr. Sather, I don't know.

Hey Glen, what was that noise?

Dude, that was my skull

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-17-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Hey Glen, what was that noise?

Dude, that was my skull

No playoffs, no prospects, NO DICE...

True Blue 02-17-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

No playoffs, no prospects, NO DICE...

Jackass when it comes time for signing prospective players:

"Ayyy...I know THAT dude."

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-17-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Jackass when it comes time for signing prospective players:

"Ayyy...I know THAT dude."

Lil Jimmy to Sather: You ruined my father's team. He's gonna kill us.

Sather: No he's not. I can fix it.

True Blue 02-17-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Lil Jimmy to Sather: You ruined my father's team. He's gonna kill us.

Sather: No he's not. I can fix it.

Lil Jimmy: My father's gonna $hi.. My father's gonna kill us. He's gonna kill me and he's gonna kill you.
Sather: What's he gonna do, dude? Is he going to $hi. or is he going to kill us?
Lil' Jimmy: First, he's gonna $hi. then he's gonna kill us.
Sather: Relax, I drafted Gretzky. Edmonton has the ultimate set of players. He'll never recognize it.

Bluenote13 02-17-2004 12:21 PM

I got to thinking about what Slats said about the fans booing.

SPICOLI
(cool and urbane)
I've been thinking about this, Mr.
Slats. If we're here... and you're
here... doesn't that make it OUR
team?

:p

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-17-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Lil Jimmy: My father's gonna $hi.. My father's gonna kill us. He's gonna kill me and he's gonna kill you.
Sather: What's he gonna do, dude? Is he going to $hi. or is he going to kill us?
Lil' Jimmy: First, he's gonna $hi. then he's gonna kill us.
Sather: Relax, I drafted Gretzky. Edmonton has the ultimate set of players. He'll never recognize it.

You could build a franchise like Lou Lamoriello or Scotty Bowman.

Sather: Ahhh those guys are f--s!

Smith31 02-17-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

You could build a franchise like Lou Lamoriello or Scotty Bowman.

Sather: Ahhh those guys are f--s!

First time visiting your board.....quality!!! We needed you guys on Islander boards during the fishstick days...

I feel your pain. Can't believe what's going on with your squad...but I think I figured it out. Some fan said back in '94, "God...if we can just win the cup, I don't care if we are the worst team in hockey for the rest of my life".....

Davisian 02-17-2004 01:30 PM

- PLAYOFFS, I don't hear you unless you knock...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-17-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
- PLAYOFFS, I don't hear you unless you knock...

It's just looking that golf course in May right in the eye and saying, hey bud, let's party!