HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Former/Future Rangers in the KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=529915)

Forechecker 06-30-2008 09:37 AM

OT: Former/Future Rangers in the KHL

From the SlapShot blog:

Avangard Omsk: Chere, and maybe Jagr?

Dinamo Riga: Filip Novak (former draft pick)

Dinamo Moscow: Jamie Lundmark

Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod: Pavel Brendl

CSKA Moscow: Jussi Markkanen

SKA St. Petersburg: Kasparitis

I'm actually happy that Lundmark has found a place to play, and for a team with as much history as Dynamo Moscow.

zestystrat 06-30-2008 09:50 AM

Looking at this list makes me a little sick.....maybe it's just me tho

Forechecker 06-30-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zestystrat (Post 14623556)
Looking at this list makes me a little sick.....maybe it's just me tho

Sick, how?

BDubinskyNYR17* 06-30-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forechecker (Post 14623386)
From the SlapShot blog:

Avangard Omsk: Chere, and maybe Jagr?

Dinamo Riga: Filip Novak (former draft pick)

Dinamo Moscow: Jamie Lundmark

Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod: Pavel Brendl

CSKA Moscow: Jussi Markkanen

SKA St. Petersburg: Kasparitis

I'm actually happy that Lundmark has found a place to play, and for a team with as much history as Dynamo Moscow.

no christian dube pavel brendl tomas kloucek :shakehead

Forechecker 06-30-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCallahan43 (Post 14623570)
no christian dube pavel brendl tomas kloucek :shakehead

Brendl's on the list. If you read the article, these are players that are considered the stars of their teams.

007 06-30-2008 11:10 AM

Thanks for the link! That was really interesting.

Looking at the "top players", I don't think that the KHL is a threat to the NHL quite yet, though who knows what the future holds. I wonder if a guy like Lundmark really is a "top player" on his team...

Nemchinov13 06-30-2008 03:29 PM

Dynamo Moscow is a defensive-oriented team and Torpedo N.Novgorod is really weak, so yeah, Lundmark and Brendl would probably be stars on their teams. One note: Dynamo is coached by Krikunov who is a balls to the wall old school Russian coach. If Lundy is going to pull the same crap he did in NHL, he won't last long at least in Dynamo either.

Avy* 06-30-2008 04:19 PM

NHL fans deep knowledge of Russian hockey makes me a little sick.
Lundmark was sitting half of the season in RSL, he is lucky that there is no AHL in Russia. Dynamo is coached by Vuyitek not Krikunov and yes Brendl was successful in Sweden and deserved contract with KHL bottom-feeder Torpedo.

Forechecker 06-30-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 14630377)
Lundmark was sitting half of the season in RSL, he is lucky that there is no AHL in Russia. Dynamo is coached by Gzibek not Krikunov and yes Brendl was successful in Sweden and deserved contract with KHL bottom-feeder Torpedo.

That's why we rely on you, Avy!

Burlington Bomb 26 06-30-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Lundmark was sitting half of the season in RSL, he is lucky that there is no AHL in Russia. Dynamo is coached by Gzibek not Krikunov and yes Brendl was successful in Sweden and deserved contract with KHL bottom-feeder Torpedo.

sorry, i dont live in russia

Blueblood 2 06-30-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

I hope the doughnuts are as good in Russia as they were in Sweden, for Brendl's sake! :nod:

Avy* 06-30-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 (Post 14631282)
sorry, i dont live in russia

This is inexcusable.

Avy* 06-30-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 (Post 14631659)
I hope the doughnuts are as good in Russia as they were in Sweden, for Brendl's sake! :nod:

Oh, you don't know russian food. It would be a slow death for him.

007 06-30-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

I can see a certain level of success for Brendl in most European leagues, but I just don't see what Lundmark brings to the table that would make him successful in Russia. I sort of see him in the Swiss league, where I feel his playing style might work.

Avy* 06-30-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14632068)
I can see a certain level of success for Brendl in most European leagues, but I just don't see what Lundmark brings to the table that would make him successful in Russia. I sort of see him in the Swiss league, where I feel his playing style might work.

You know i was expecting another underachiever with talent but without mental strength to play NHL... zero talent, he was useless.
In fact the player who better fit this "lazy genius" tag its another rangers pick Fed Fed. Now this guy is spectacular underachiever, great talent and total headache.

http://video.hawk.ru/070904_ao_dinamo_0_1.mpg
http://video.hawk.ru/070904_ao_dinamo_0_2.mpg
http://video.hawk.ru/070904_ao_dinamo_1_3.mpg

Nemchinov13 06-30-2008 07:15 PM

what happened to Krikunov?

Beacon 06-30-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14624780)

Looking at the "top players", I don't think that the KHL is a threat to the NHL quite yet, though who knows what the future holds.

It is already taking a toll. Isles' goalie Dubi just left. He was a very good backup. Now after DP, they will have a minor leaguer. It's all nice and good to gloat about the Isles, but the NHL will take a beating at the lower levels.

The 3rd and 4th line players, the 5-6 defensemen and backup goalies are going to be ravaged.

Why would you sit on the bench 70 games a year when you can be a starting goalie in first-class and newly-wealthy cities like Moscow and Riga (which is part of the European Union) for the same money or more than they could make in the NHL.

What would YOU do? Play 12 games a year for $700K or play a full season as a star for $1M?

There is about to become a large gap between the top half of the team and the bottom half.

Jessiman may yet become our third liner.

Avy* 06-30-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 (Post 14633605)
what happened to Krikunov?

He is was fired.

Den 06-30-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forechecker (Post 14623601)
these are players that are considered the stars of their teams.

Jussi - yes, the rest - aren't