HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lines changes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53047)

Subban Fan 02-17-2004 12:53 PM

Lines changes

According to CKAC, CJ made some changes...

Zednik-Koivu-Bulis
Ryder-Ribeiro-Sundstrom

Do you like that???

Necrophile 02-17-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1

Zednik-Koivu-Bulis
Ryder-Ribeiro-Sundstrom

Do you like that???

That could work wonders! Dagenais out again is good. Ribeiro and Ryder could work some magic, like on the PP. And we all know Z will step up on Koivu's wing!

Just wondering, are you sure you don't have your LW's and RW's messed up?

Subban Fan 02-17-2004 12:57 PM

Just wondering, are you sure you don't have your LW's and RW's messed up?[/QUOTE]

Maybe...

417 02-17-2004 01:01 PM

I was wondering when Cj was going to put Bulis-Koivu-Zednik together, I think it's a great idea, at least to try, they are all veterans and i'm sure they'll appreciate the chance to play together, as for the 2nd line, Ribeiro and Ryder have chemistry as we've seen on the PP, plus, they are both young, and probably won't be as shy to try some things out, Sundstrom brings stability to that line, I really like it....

Perez 02-17-2004 01:03 PM

It looks good. Happy to see Dagenais is out the top 2lines and that Sundstrom gets a shot there. Zednik is a better player with Koivu.. + both lines have good defensive players with Bulis and Sundstrom, good playmakers with Koivu and Ribeiro and good shooters with Zednik and Ryder.. seem like similare lines..

Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Sundstrom-Ribeiro-Ryder

Darz 02-17-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Zednik-Koivu-Bulis
Ryder-Ribeiro-Sundstrom

Do you like that???

Hmmm.......it does get Dagenais into the press box which seems like the right thing to do.....it might shake Zednik out of his slump...which seems like a good thing.

What the heck..we need a shake up...I'm O.K. with it.

Cariboux 02-17-2004 01:13 PM

Great decision by CJ

I think that Saku and Z will be happy to be together again and Ribeiro will feel more "free" with the puck.

Habber 02-17-2004 01:33 PM

Good to see Zed and Koivu together, let's hope they can give us a boost. It would be nice to see Zed-Koivu-Ryder but that would leave us with a pretty weak 2nd line.

RyanWhite53 02-17-2004 01:35 PM

We have seen the Bulis-Koivu-Zednik line before (last year) and when it clicked it was good.

This new second line excites me. We have all heard the stories of what an offensive powerhouse Sundstrom was back in Sweden playing on a line with Naslund and (I wanna say Sundin, but it could also be Forsberg). I think if anyone can bring him back to even the same atmosphere as that, it could be two young creative offensive guns.

Now what will the 3rd and 4th lines look like?

Perez 02-17-2004 01:44 PM

something like this if everyone is healthy, I assume:

Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Sundstrom-Ribeiro-Ryder
Kilger-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Begin-Ward

Ok I know I'm forgetting somebody, Kilger shouldn't be on the 3rd line... :dunno:

Guy Caballero 02-17-2004 01:45 PM

Hate to sound like a broken record, but we need a verteran second liner with grit and good hands to go with the two kids. Sundstrom doesn't cut it.

I like Koivu and Zednik together again, though. Took Julien long enough to figure that one out.

VAN-HAB 02-17-2004 01:47 PM

Any word on Perreault, is he playing or is Kilger again? Why bother though, they both suck, useless players anyway!

goalchenyuk 02-17-2004 01:49 PM

i wanted those lines since a long time ...really happy about that !

Subban Fan 02-17-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Any word on Perreault, is he playing or is Kilger again? Why bother though, they both suck, useless players anyway!

Bégin-Juneau-Dackell
Kilger-Perreault-Langdon

Dagenais and Ward out...

CKAC

Darz 02-17-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Kilger-Perreault-Kilger

O.K. ....so is one Kilger not enough???

VAN-HAB 02-17-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Bégin-Juneau-Dackell
Kilger-Perreault-Kilger

Dagenais and Ward out...

CKAC

wow we don't even have a 4th line...Langdon-Perreault-Kilger... :cry:

Le depisteur 02-17-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Zednik-Koivu-Bulis
Ryder-Ribeiro-Sundstrom

Do you like that???

It's a great change... and I awaited it since a long time...

Richard Z seems better on the right wing AND with Koivu... Also, Bulis and Zednik are very good friends and like to play together...

It's a good idea to put Sundstrom on a real offensive trio... He can give some to us more than what we think... and Ryder with Ribeiro will be a fantastic duo, the playmaker with the shooter...

2 good offensive duos with a good defensive forward... 2 perfect pairs? I hope for it!

Le depisteur 02-17-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Bégin-Juneau-Dackell
Kilger-Perreault-Kilger

Dagenais and Ward out...

CKAC

Finally Bégin on the 3rd... only good decisions... and I suppose that Langdon will be disguised in Kilger :joker:... but it's strange for Ward...

All-Star 02-17-2004 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Took Julien long enough to figure that one out.

Instead he tried to let the players play through their slump while having consistent line mates.

People used to complain when he was juggling lines last season, and now they complain when he doesn't.

The poor guy just can't win.

oli500 02-17-2004 02:36 PM

We need a big win tonight ! I dont know about playing sundstrom with ryder and ribeiro. I would of put kilger with ribeiro and Ryder.

VAN-HAB 02-17-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
We need a big win tonight ! I dont know about playing sundstrom with ryder and ribeiro. I would of put kilger with ribeiro and Ryder.

Sundstrom is not a 2 line player nor is Kilger(????)

gohabsgo2010 02-17-2004 02:40 PM

yes!

Oh, and if Ward is scratched, than I get the feeling some one is going to do far more than 'scratch' Claude Julien. Terrible move.

Habeas Corpus 02-17-2004 02:46 PM

Ward a healthy scratch? Pleas say it ain't so! Ridiculous.

Cariboux 02-17-2004 03:08 PM

Can't believe that Ward is scratched and the Perreault is playing against an offensive team like ATL :cry:

Habber 02-17-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Bégin-Juneau-Dackell
Kilger-Perreault-Langdon

Dagenais and Ward out...

CKAC

Tough to understand why Ward is out. I'd sit Langdon before Ward. Ward is one of the only guys that has been playing hard-working hockey lately.