HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Redden offered 5/30 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=530844)

GWOW 07-01-2008 05:37 PM

Redden offered 5/30
 
per 590FAN..Neil Smith on right now talking about our boys. He says he doesn't think they'll resign Jagr or Avery. He also said he thought they would overpay for Campbell.

He's basically freaking out that the Rangers aren't signing everybody. Sorry neil..it's not 1999

nyr2k2 07-01-2008 05:39 PM

That's steep... If we bring in Redden, I want Orpik rather than Rosie.

We'll see soon enough...

HeaveHo94 07-01-2008 05:40 PM

Neil Smith is the MAN!

GWOW 07-01-2008 05:40 PM

Smith just said Redden is too soft for MSG and we'll boo him....

Forever Blue 07-01-2008 05:41 PM

Well, after re-signing Rosy, if they also sign Redden and Orpik, I guess Tyutin might be traded in a deal for a top 6 forward.

rickyrod 07-01-2008 05:41 PM

Keep in mind they're talking about the Rangers for 10 minutes now and are still not aware of the Rissmiller or imminent Rozsival deals. We might be out of the Redden deal now.

Lundqvist=Vezina 07-01-2008 05:42 PM

I don't know how official that offer is. It sounded like some speculation involved.

wolfgaze 07-01-2008 05:43 PM

Your post says nothing about your thread title... Where was it said that we offered Redden $30 mil over 5 years?

HockeyBasedNYC 07-01-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Save By Richter (Post 14662518)
Well, after re-signing Rosy, if they also sign Redden and Orpik, I guess Tyutin might be traded in a deal for a top 6 forward.

Sure, or at the deadline....

Jarkko Immonen 07-01-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 14662617)
Your post says nothing about your thread title... Where was it said that we offered Redden $30 mil over 5 years?

I would assume on the radio station he said "per by ...."

jas 07-01-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod (Post 14662522)
Keep in mind they're talking about the Rangers for 10 minutes now and are still not aware of the Rissmiller or imminent Rozsival deals. We might be out of the Redden deal now.

Why would that keep us out of the Redden deal?

Trxjw 07-01-2008 05:45 PM

Redden AND Rozisval, that's an expensive defense.

Although with the guys Slats seems to be bringing in on offense, I'd imagine anything is possible.

FLYLine24 07-01-2008 05:45 PM

6 Million for 5yrs....

I wouldnt be too thrilled about that for Redden who has been on a bit of the decline and do we want him at 36 still getting paid 6 million?

NYR Viper 07-01-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 14662627)
Sure, or at the deadline....

young defenseman with promise for a young forweard with promise....vermette?

NYR fan 2 07-01-2008 05:46 PM

What would the D pairings be then? 5 top-4 defenseman would be very good. Staal, Redden, Roszival, Tyutin, AND Girardi. Thats some goalie and defense.

GWOW 07-01-2008 05:46 PM

It's on the radio so I don't have a link. 590 just said, i forgot who, that the rangers have offered a contract in the vicinity of 5 years for 30 million, while Redden's camp wants 6 years.

I couldn't find a UFA Ranger thread to post it on so i started this one

Relax guys. I don't make things up.

I Am Chariot 07-01-2008 05:47 PM

Neil dont know squat. Hes on the outside looking in

rickyrod 07-01-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 14662737)
Why would that keep us out of the Redden deal?

I meant they didn't know what was going on with the Rangers, when they should be ahead of what HFBoards knows.

HockeyBasedNYC 07-01-2008 05:54 PM

**** it. Get Hossa.

lol
























:sarcasm:

Trxjw 07-01-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 14662830)
What would the D pairings be then? 5 top-4 defenseman would be very good. Staal, Redden, Roszival, Tyutin, AND Girardi. Thats some goalie and defense.

Thats also a 16 mil defense before you even add in a 6 and a 7 d-man. Kinda hard to picture unless Slats really works some magic up front.

GAGLine 07-01-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14663405)
Thats also a 16 mil defense before you even add in a 6 and a 7 d-man. Kinda hard to picture unless Slats really works some magic up front.

Bring up Potter and resign Struds. Or bring back Mara at a discount (2 years @ 2 mil?).

NYR fan 2 07-01-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14663405)
Thats also a 16 mil defense before you even add in a 6 and a 7 d-man. Kinda hard to picture unless Slats really works some magic up front.

But is 16 mil really that much for a defense? The 6 and 7 d-man will cost prob like 2 mil together. So then your goalie and defense total about 25-26 mil. Thats pretty good for a top-5 goalie and a very high quality defense IMO

Trxjw 07-01-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 14663873)
But is 16 mil really that much for a defense? The 6 and 7 d-man will cost prob like 2 mil together. So then your goalie and defense total about 25-26 mil. Thats pretty good for a top-5 goalie and a very high quality defense IMO

It is when you haven't signed any top-six wingers yet, lol.

I love that defensive lineup, but we need some offense too.

GAGLine 07-01-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14664165)
It is when you haven't signed any top-six wingers yet, lol.

I love that defensive lineup, but we need some offense too.

Screw it. We'll win every game 0 to -1 :handclap:

jas 07-01-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14664165)
It is when you haven't signed any top-six wingers yet, lol.

I love that defensive lineup, but we need some offense too.

We're stocking up on 3rd/4th liners, so we can send Prucha/Dawes/Callahan/Hollweg/Sjostrom for Kovalchuk.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.