HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sather low-balling JJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=531549)

Blazephr 07-02-2008 05:05 PM

Sather low-balling JJ

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/

1 year - 4 million

Ih8theislanders 07-02-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazephr (Post 14695065)

Now that's just insulting.

EventHorizon 07-02-2008 05:08 PM

Is this before or after Sather cleared 2 million in cap space?

RMcDonagh 07-02-2008 05:08 PM

Not really low-balling, it's what we can afford, he'll get bonuses as well.

Even that I'm reluctant to give him. We need to move into a new direction.

ThirdEye 07-02-2008 05:11 PM

Looks like we're pursuing Pavol Demitra as an alternative?

Won't be such a bad idea if Jagr decides to bolt

levski87 07-02-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Staal (Post 14695156)
Not really low-balling, it's what we can afford, he'll get bonuses as well.

Even that I'm reluctant to give him. We need to move into a new direction.

THANK YOU! Someone who see's it the right way. We haven't won anything with Jagr. TIME TO MOVE ON PEOPLE. He doesn't show up for 3/4 of the season and demands a 7 mill contract?.. **** that. Go to Omsk or wherever he wants to go. I'm excited in seeing youth play and develop through learning experience. Similar to a Montreal team. Now lets get Demitra ;)

rickyrod 07-02-2008 05:14 PM

Sather is on a conference call right now, hopefully some Jagr news will come out of it.

TomLaidlaw 07-02-2008 05:15 PM

I wouldn't look to much into this. The 4 mill might just be the base salary. It could be structured like Shanny's last year where he gets a 3 mill bonus for putting his pants on.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-02-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod (Post 14695356)
Sather is on a conference call right now, hopefully some Jagr news will come out of it.

i think Sather is just trying to get his attention then Wham 6.5 mil per...JJ signs and then we sign Naslund:D

Brian Boyle 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

that is extremely low.

is that site legit? it look very amateurish.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 14695388)
I wouldn't look to much into this. The 4 mill might just be the base salary. It could be structured like Shanny's last year where he gets a 3 mill bonus for putting his pants on.

i thought it was 3 mil for playing in 5 games:laugh:

nyr2k2 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 14695388)

:laugh:

But yeah, spot on.

GAGLine 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

I'm not sure I'd believe that, since it's posted on a website dedicated to a team that is also trying to land Jagr. Sather was rumored as offering 6 mil yesterday and we can still afford that. I see no reason Sather would disrespect Jagr like that.

Forever Blue 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

I love Jags, but after making all these moves, I don't know how I'd feel about making Jagr the focus yet again.

I'd almost prefer to take a step back next year and move on from the Jagr era. Sign Demitra, Huselius, or Naslund.

Ian 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

A Pittsburgh-based rumor blog? Yeah that's probably accurate :loony:

Burlington Bomb 26 07-02-2008 05:16 PM

its a Pittsburgh site, dont even bother.

JerseyMike 07-02-2008 05:18 PM

Seems like everyone is once again lost. Bonuses, this season, count against the cap, this season. So $4 Million base with $3 Million Bonus is still $7 Million Cap hit.

nyrmessier011 07-02-2008 05:18 PM

i feel like HF is low balling me. Making me go through netflix ads over and over

Blazephr 07-02-2008 05:19 PM

if you look at all of the other rumors they had posted before the deals happened...they've been pretty spot on.

DutchShamrock 07-02-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyMike (Post 14695460)
Seems like everyone is once again lost. Bonuses, this season, count against the cap, this season. So $4 Million base with $3 Million Bonus is still $7 Million Cap hit.

As of right now that is true. But if the union declines to terminate the CBA next year, the bonuses can once again be deferred. It all comes down to when the union makes the call... which I believe has to happen some time in May the latest but it can happen sooner. Maybe Sather gambles that the PA will extend the CBA and bonuses will be deferred. But as I said timing is a factor.

nyr2k2 07-02-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugerya (Post 14695717)
As of right now that is true. But if the union declines to terminate the CBA next year, the bonuses can once again be deferred. It all comes down to when the union makes the call... which I believe has to happen some time in May the latest but it can happen sooner. Maybe Sather gambles that the PA will extend the CBA and bonuses will be deferred. But as I said timing is a factor.

And from what I've been reading the PA is likely to re-up the deal, since it's led to unprecedented signings.

FLYLine24 07-02-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levski87 (Post 14695309)
THANK YOU! Someone who see's it the right way. We haven't won anything with Jagr. TIME TO MOVE ON PEOPLE. He doesn't show up for 3/4 of the season and demands a 7 mill contract?.. **** that. Go to Omsk or wherever he wants to go. I'm excited in seeing youth play and develop through learning experience. Similar to a Montreal team. Now lets get Demitra ;)

:laugh:

You dont want Jagr but yet you want Demitra would is demanding around 5M is nothing even close to Jagr.

Thats just terrible.

IanB 07-02-2008 06:35 PM

I don't know one way or another whether the information in that blog is legitimate, but I will say this:

We heard yesterday that Jagr was waiting (and comparing himself in some light) to Hossa. Well, perhaps this new low offer is a reaction to Hossa signing his one-year deal for alot less money than most probably anticipated.

May be a little bit sarcastic, but Sather used a similar ploy with Avery, when Avery compared his worth to Chris Kelly, who signed for 2.215/year shortly thereafter. Whether it works now as well as it did then, who knows.

Ola 07-02-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Bross (Post 14696875)
I don't know one way or another whether the information in that blog is legitimate, but I will say this:

We heard yesterday that Jagr was waiting (and comparing himself in some light) to Hossa. Well, perhaps this new low offer is a reaction to Hossa signing his one-year deal for alot less money than most probably anticipated.

May be a little bit sarcastic, but Sather used a similar ploy with Avery, when Avery compared his worth to Chris Kelly, who signed for 2.215/year shortly thereafter. Whether it works now as well as it did then, who knows.

JJ have stated that he wanted to wait before Hossa signed -- according to Slats.

But I am not so sure it was to wait and see what numbers Hossa got, cause thats not rocket science. Hossa would get something like 7-8m per.

Maybe JJ wanted to see where Hossa signed, like he demanded that Slats went out and got Hossa or something.

RangersFan 07-02-2008 06:52 PM

i think it's pretty clear Sather is essentially telling Jags to go to Russia. I really hate losing Jagr, he was a great Ranger. but ultimately a few years down the road this might be viewed as a smart thing to do. it's clear this organization is going in a different direction and it might be the smart thing in the long run...