HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2003 Draft looks a lot better now... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=531647)

Son of Steinbrenner 07-02-2008 08:56 PM

2003 Draft looks a lot better now...

Does the Zherdev and Dan Fritsche trade make up for the Jessiman pick? I think so and here's why...

We would've crowned Sather a KING if he traded Tyutin, 1st round pick in 03 (12th overall) and a 2008 4th round pick to Columbus for their 1st and 2nd round picks..(#4th overall and 46th overall) It took 5 years but the Rangers are winners of that draft year.....

On opening night in Prague we can no longer say we don't have a 1st round pick from 03 on in the NHL...We should have 3 guys from the 03 draft in our lineup in Zherdev, Fritsche, and Dawes...Not to bad..

I think the Jessiman debate is now dead...In the end we didn't get burned by the 03 draft...

Trxjw 07-02-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 14699858)
Does the Zherdev and Dan Fritsche trade make up for the Jessiman pick? I think so and here's why...

We would've crowned Sather a KING if he traded Tyutin, 1st round pick in 03 (12th overall) and a 2008 4th round pick to Columbus for their 1st and 2nd round picks..(#4th overall and 46th overall) It took 5 years but the Rangers are winners of that draft year.....

On opening night in Prague we can no longer say we don't have a 1st round pick from 03 on in the NHL...We should have 3 guys from the 03 draft in our lineup in Zherdev, Fritsche, and Dawes...Not to bad..

I think the Jessiman debate is now dead...In the end we didn't get burned by the 03 draft...

Interesting..

However.. we could have had Zherdev, Fritsche AND Perry. :laugh: ;)

Shadowtron 07-02-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

The same thing popped into my head. It's still a pick that rankles me...but Zherdev certainly eases that.

Bird Law 07-02-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14699902)
Interesting..

Zherdev, Fritsche, and Getzlaf/Parise/whoever for Tyutin and some random, terrible, overpaid scrub.

D713B 07-02-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14699902)
Interesting..

Don't get greedy now...:sarcasm:

I like this perspective though.

HatTrick Swayze 07-02-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Very interesting perspective...

TomLaidlaw 07-02-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Thank God.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-02-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 14700056)
Thank God.

its just annoying now

McRanger 07-02-2008 09:10 PM

I am glad I was not alone in thinking about this.

Sadly the Jessiman "debate" will never end as long as people cling tightly to it (or Sather meets some sort of painful end) but this certainly helps.

mschmidt64 07-02-2008 09:12 PM

I don't understand why this would "make up for" blowing a pick on Jessiman.

If we had hit with that pick (say, Carter) we'd now have Fritsche, Zherdev, and Carter. So that blown pick still puts us behind the curve.

So I don't really think it makes up for anything. It's not like we swapped Jessiman for something directly. It's a completely unrelated move and it used completely unrelated assets.

HatTrick Swayze 07-02-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschmidt64 (Post 14700190)

If we had hit with that pick (say, Carter) we'd now have Fritsche, Zherdev, and Carter. So that blown pick still puts us behind the curve.

So I don't really think it makes up for anything. It's not like we swapped Jessiman for something directly. It's a completely unrelated move and it used completely unrelated assets.

Let us rationalize in peace!

:laugh:

jas 07-02-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschmidt64 (Post 14700190)

Carter wasn't on the board; he went to Philly the pick right before us.

Oh, and if Potter and Moore make the lineup, we'd have 5 players picked in the 2003 draft in the lineup. I guess signing Gomez makes up for drafting Manny Malhotra...and signing Redden erases the awful pick of Jeff Brown...now how do we get rid of the stench that was the Falardeau pick?

slim399 07-02-2008 09:33 PM

Don't worry this line is going to tear it up!!!

Jessiman-Gomez-Zherdev!!!!!:handclap: haha

actually Gomez and Zherdev are so skilled... a Big Scrappy guy like Jessimen might end up being the perfect match for these two:sarcasm: hey like the ny lottery, ya never know

xander 07-02-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

I'll drink to that.

I Am Chariot 07-02-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Does the Zherdev and Dan Fritsche trade make up for the Jessiman pick?

Oh my I would say so

Edge 07-02-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

I don't see how. The Rangers didn't stand a chance to Zherdev then and had to pay a price to get him now.

That's like saying the Rangers made up for 98 draft when they got Gomez.

I just don't see the connection because the debate will always be about who the Rangers should've had in the first place, not who they traded for later.

They key is to add guys via trades and signings to the players you've already drafted and/or developed.

To me this trade is unrelated to how we drafted. Just like going out and getting a good player from the 2002 draft doesn't magically make up for that circus situation.

True Blue 07-03-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

I think the Jessiman debate is now dead...

Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

On the actual topic, crown the Rangers winners if they had drafted anyone but Jessiman. Getzlaf or Seabrook would be much better choices. Or pretty much anyone else.

nyr2k2 07-03-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 14703124)
I don't see how. The Rangers didn't stand a chance to Zherdev then and had to pay a price to get him now.

That's like saying the Rangers made up for 98 draft when they got Gomez.

I just don't see the connection because the debate will always be about who the Rangers should've had in the first place, not who they traded for later.

They key is to add guys via trades and signings to the players you've already drafted and/or developed.

To me this trade is unrelated to how we drafted. Just like going out and getting a good player from the 2002 draft doesn't magically make up for that circus situation.

Bingo. Agreed Edge.

Oh, and I'll add that the 2003 draft was over and done with for me by the 2004 draft. Jessiman was a risky pick and it hasn't panned out. **** happens. I don't know why some people won't let it go.

Bluenote13 07-03-2008 08:25 AM

Couldve had Zman and Getzlaf, so no, this helps but doesnt make it right;)

HockeyBasedNYC 07-03-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Thank you SOS!

Even if its a perspective argument, it still puts Jessiman to bed! I love it!

:handclap:

Nemchinov13 07-03-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 14706414)
Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

On the actual topic, crown the Rangers winners if they had drafted anyone but Jessiman. Getzlaf or Seabrook would be much better choices. Or pretty much anyone else.

I hope you're joking about Germans... But I agree on your second paragraph - heck, even Dan Fritsche is better than Jessiman at this point of their careers.

Bluenote13 07-03-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 (Post 14706891)
I hope you're joking about Germans... But I agree on your second paragraph - heck, even Dan Fritsche is better than Jessiman at this point of their careers.

He's quoting 'Animal House'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077975/

Your homework is to watch it immediatley !

chosen 07-03-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Best rationalizing post I've seen in quite some time.

Mason530 07-03-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 14699977)
Zherdev, Fritsche, and Getzlaf/Parise/whoever for Tyutin and some random, terrible, overpaid scrub.

Was Mike Richards also there too??

Bluenote13 07-03-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason530 (Post 14708154)
Was Mike Richards also there too??

Yeah he was. So was Parise & Wolski.