HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Thank You Markus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=532075)

19nazzy 07-03-2008 04:39 PM

Thank You Markus

One of the greatest players, if not the greatest player to play for the Vancouver Canucks franchise. The epitomy of class & skill, all the best in New York.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dy...le_14993_2.jpg

HANSENISBEST 07-03-2008 04:41 PM

Hasn't been his old self, but I'll miss having him in the Canucks colors. Best of luck.

JannikAtTheDisco 07-03-2008 04:41 PM

This really is a sad day. Although I wasn't a big supporter or re-signing him, it is still sad to see someone who has been a top 5 player in this franchises history :( :(

We'll see his number in the rafters soon...

Hoss 07-03-2008 04:43 PM

I am somewhat surprised he is gone, too bad he never received a fitting farewell.

vancityluongo 07-03-2008 04:43 PM

I don't think I've ever said this about that team, but with Naslund there, I hope the Rangers win the cup (if the Canucks don't of course.)

Would've loved for him to stick around and win it in Vancouver, but it seems that ship has sailed. Best of luck for everything in NY, thanks for everything Markus.

Not only the Canucks organization, but the city of Vancouver lost one of the classiest players ever today.

fogducker 07-03-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoss (Post 14717286)
I am somewhat surprised he is gone, too bad he never received a fitting farewell.

yeah.. the writing was on the wall too..

chris11inter 07-03-2008 04:44 PM

I personnaly thought I would see him in a Canuck Uni again this year.

However its the best move for the Canucks IMO...

Now who am I suppose to blame ????????

Alan Jackson 07-03-2008 04:44 PM

Naslund was a great Canuck.

It was a tough time for him after the Moore hit, but he will go down as one of the great all-time Canucks.

Good luck in New York, Markus. Except when you play the Canucks.

BAuldie 07-03-2008 04:44 PM

I'm going to miss him.. and I'm not going to stop my Markus Naslund card collection.

Best player in Canucks history in my books.

Vector 07-03-2008 04:44 PM

Thanks for everything you did Markus. At his peak he was one of the best in the league. Sad to see him go but it's best for everyone. Although I wish he could have finished his career here.

SiCKNESS 07-03-2008 04:46 PM

:( :( :( :(

Good Luck Markus. Hopefully he comes back and players for the Canucks after this upcoming season.

lennie 07-03-2008 04:47 PM

Irrespective of what all the Naslund bashers say, its a sad day in Canuckland.

He was great Canuck and deserves our respect. He will be missed.

KDizzle 07-03-2008 04:47 PM

I hope he gets a 15 minute standing ovation when he comes back to Vancouver for a game.

or a 5 minute one.
either way a long one.

Best of luck Nazzy

parabola 07-03-2008 04:47 PM

Soooooo happy :D

Didn't think this day would ever happen. Always pictured Naslund as a canuck for the rest of his career. Now that it has actually happened i'm excited.

New captain! :D

I actually never hated Naslund. Met him a few times, one of those nice athletes. I'm just glad we're moving on.

moog35 07-03-2008 04:47 PM

Didn't want him back next season, he needed a change
Nazzy is one of the greatest Canucks of all time and I wish him the best

I hope the Rangers play a game in Vancouver next season. Hopefully the fans will give Nazzy the tribute he deserves

Brownie 07-03-2008 04:48 PM

Thanks for all the great years, and all of the great goals and special memories.

Best of luck in NY to a class act.

Alexistheman 07-03-2008 04:49 PM

There's too many words to say and yet all of them seem unable to explain how I feel right now, it's like when you lose your most prized possession, and then you're gonna see another kid using it.

Respect Your Edler 07-03-2008 04:49 PM

Not his fault the Moore hit happened. Never caused problems, and you could tell he wanted to win. Perhaps not the best captain but I don't think it's something he could have fixed. Overall, I'll miss him and hope he does well with the Rangers.

Macke* 07-03-2008 04:53 PM

:(:(:(

Goodbye Markus.

I hope The Rangers play in GM Place next year.

Tarpan 07-03-2008 04:59 PM

I'm annoyed we let him leave. I had hoped to see him retire here.

WeSt_CoAsT_eXpReSs 07-03-2008 05:14 PM

Naslund gave everything he had for this team and to that i applaud him. Word is he had a substanital offer on the table from minnesota that may have surpassed the Rangers offer but Nazzy chose to go to the east. Naslund will be a hell of a player next year I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 70 points and flirts with ppg territory. Best of luck to nazzy and the rags!

Dr. Nucksfan 07-03-2008 05:16 PM

Generally -- but not always -- a excellent player. Probably would have been scoring title winner and perennial all-star had he played in what we can call the Oiler 80s. Class act, and one of the better players to play for this franchise.

Not entirely a successful captain, though. Probably would have benefited by playing with a Sundin type while in his prime. Seemed to lose his once-deadly wrist shot.

Won't personally be remembered like the more talented -- and far more ignominious -- Bure, or the stalwarts Kurtenbach and Smyl, or the franchise icon, Linden. But will be remembered as part of one of the greatest lines the Canucks ever had, the WCE -- right up there with Gradin, Smyl and Fraser.

Another era over, fittingly, with new ownership, a new GM, and Linden gone too.

Plan D now in effect: stockpile youth and picks, and cap space and add a couple of superior free agents NEXT summer (none of this Rolston, Ryder et al stuff). Persuade Luongo to suffer one mediocre year -- next year -- and hopefully the Sedins will stay, and the likes of Hodgson and whomever we pick next year will step in.

YogiCanucks 07-03-2008 06:02 PM

He took way more *hit from ALL of us than he deserved. One of those great guys that actually had some decent skill. I was hoping he'd be able turn things around here next season. I guess not. Best of luck in the Big Apple Nazzy.

Edler Revived 07-03-2008 06:07 PM

As I've said before: I'm embarrassed as a lifelong Vancouverite for the judgement made by seemingly 50% of the fan base against Markus's captaincy and his play during the time we have had a very poor/not even close to complementary to his skill set top 6 for him to play with.

I appreciated his style when addressing the fans and media as captain.

I wasn't foolish enough to expect him to play or act like Jerome Iginla.

I appreciated him for what he was and is, and blame our organization, not him for limiting his opportunity for success, and the opportunity to finish his career as a Canuck.

PuckMunchkin 07-03-2008 06:08 PM

Yeah.. Thanks for the good years.