HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Zholtok 7 goals in last 7 games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53217)

Frozen North 02-17-2004 10:43 PM

Zholtok 7 goals in last 7 games

Sergei is lighting it up! Could he be playing his way off this team? He could be an attractive player come March 9th to a team like San Jose, NJ, Philly, Boston, or Ottawa.

ceber 02-17-2004 10:53 PM

He's one of those guys that just seems to score, you know? It's not like he makes these really eye-popping plays or anything, but every now and then he'll "just score" a goal. Last season more than this, of course, but it was kind of the same then. Pretty good hands, I suppose, is what makes it look like it does. Nothing too flashy, just a really well-placed shot or being in the right spot at the right time. I think someone might find him valuable, but I'm not sure they'd find him valuable enough to get Riser to trade him.

Gaborik10 02-17-2004 10:56 PM

Yeah Zholie's been great for us. Hope he keeps it up!!

Hecht 02-18-2004 12:07 AM

he's making himself look good so he'll be traded ;)

Wild Bill 02-18-2004 12:32 AM

Let's hope he makes himself look real good cuz I can't imagine more than a mid rounder in return.

go Sergei!!! Really, go! :joker:

Surly Furious 02-18-2004 09:58 AM

He's probably the smartest guy on the Wild, which no doubt helps him score the odd goal. He's one of our vets worth keeping and building around, along with Walz, Brunette, Daigle, Weimer, and Johnson.

NyCon, is he washed up yet? :D

NyCoN 02-18-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman
NyCon, is he washed up yet? :D

I'll be the first to admit that he is playing better. :blush: But I still think he should be traded if we can get something for him. Him scoring goals all of the sudden should help that happen. We are loaded at the center postion. I would much rather see O'sullivan and Koivu and maybe even PMB get a chance at center. Zholtok is just the odd man out as far as i'm concerned. Not to mention all of those weird fainting spells he's had over the past few seasons. It's just time for him to move on IMO. :)

GaborikRules10!!! 02-18-2004 05:33 PM

If we continue to fall out of the Playoff Hunt, I wouldnt mind trading Sergei. Do u think all we could expect for him is a draft pick or could we get a prospect? Hopefully he keeps playing well!! Go Zholi!!

DW 02-18-2004 11:25 PM

Pick, maybe part of a package deal. Three more weeks until we'll know for sure.

Bumjoo Wang* 02-19-2004 01:33 PM

Why all of you don't want Zholtok to play in Minnesota? :dunno:

Surly Furious 02-19-2004 02:21 PM

I do - I said I think he's one of our vets worth keeping/building around.

ceber 02-19-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

He was one of my favorites, if not my favorite, guy last year. I don't think he should go, either. I suppose I'd uderstand it if it they let him go, but I don't think I'd agree with it.

Lake Harriet 02-19-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

As he's a UFA, we really don't have the power to "keep" him, beyond outbidding the rest of the league. We could trade him and then bid on him.

NyCoN 02-19-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Harriet
As he's a UFA, we really don't have the power to "keep" him, beyond outbidding the rest of the league. We could trade him and then bid on him.

EXACTLY! *looks at Bookman* :p

Hecht 02-19-2004 05:04 PM

I think he can be replaced by Rickard Wallin..he's due

Bumjoo Wang* 02-21-2004 05:42 AM

But I've heard that he really likes playing in Minnesota. Why do you think, it would be so hard signing him again.. I don't see him beeing traded. He is the top goal scorer in his team at the moment, coach really likes him. Dunno if anyone in the team wants him to be traded..

Winston Wolf 02-21-2004 11:31 PM

If Clarke decides he needs/wants another center, I'd love for him to get Zholtok. He'd fit right in the Flyer's system and could fit in any role that Hitch could put him in.

He's also a great guy, as I had the chance of meeting him on many occasions when he played in Las Vegas.

Surly Furious 02-22-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyCoN
EXACTLY! *looks at Bookman* :p

I see, kind of like the Twins did with Rick Aguilera?

NyCoN 02-23-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

I see, kind of like the Twins did with Rick Aguilera?

What is your fascination with this guy? Great, he's finally starting to score! Wup-tee-doo! We need to give the youth in the system some chances. By the time the CBA is resolved Zholtok won't be able to skate anymore he'll be so old! :D

Surly Furious 02-23-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyCoN
What is your fascination with this guy? Great, he's finally starting to score! Wup-tee-doo! We need to give the youth in the system some chances. By the time the CBA is resolved Zholtok won't be able to skate anymore he'll be so old! :D

?!?!?!?!? :dunno:

whatever

NyCoN 02-23-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

?!?!?!?!? :dunno:

whatever

Ok... :dunno: