HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   slap me (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53221)

panayiotis 02-17-2004 09:45 PM

slap me

I still cant believe Clarke traded Comrie for Burke. Boobie what is next?

jplush76 02-17-2004 10:48 PM

Gagne, Carter and Esche for Oats?

Seriously though the last two games the flyers played horrid D, maybe 2 of the goals in each game were burke's fault.,. how was that bruins game tonight? lol

Winston Wolf 02-17-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panayiotis

Where have you been, in a cave or something? :p Besides, he also got Radivojevic and Eager, not just Burke. Radivojevic is pretty close to being the same player that Justin Williams was for us, and personally I would take Williams over Comrie any day.

Comrie would have NEVER fit with this organization, Hitchcock or not. He wouldn't have been good enough to be our #1 center and Comrie needs 1st line time and linemates to succeed.

GKJ 02-18-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

He actually got Branko Radivojevic and Ben Eager too.

Come back when you have something objective to say.

panayiotis 02-18-2004 02:40 AM

really!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Where have you been, in a cave or something? :p Besides, he also got Radivojevic and Eager, not just Burke. Radivojevic is pretty close to being the same player that Justin Williams was for us, and personally I would take Williams over Comrie any day.

Comrie would have NEVER fit with this organization, Hitchcock or not. He wouldn't have been good enough to be our #1 center and Comrie needs 1st line time and linemates to succeed.

The flyers got who and who for Comrie. Oh boy! If comrie played his natural position center and got minutes he would produce. This was another Boobie deal. Barnett finally doped someone.

blah 02-18-2004 03:21 AM

Quote:

The flyers got who and who for Comrie. Oh boy! If comrie played his natural position center and got minutes he would produce. This was another Boobie deal. Barnett finally doped someone.

And it should be obvious to everybody, except the blind, that Comrie would not get minutes over Roenick, Handzus, or Primeau.

capn89* 02-18-2004 03:58 AM

UGH! Comrie wasn't doing much for the team, and as far as I could notice from watching the games, he wasn't skating full speed. I don't want to hear the deal about him having not played for a long time. These guys still practice... and the fact is, I'm not an NHL, but if I miss a couple months of not playing, it takes me one time out to get my legs back, and by the second time I'm back to the usual.

Williams was doing nothing for the team, and I'm still glad that he's gone. He had a lot of heart, and that's something I admired about him, but that was it. You put Justin Williams heart into some of these guys who have more talent, but don't work, and they'de be scoring 80, 90, 100 points a year.

Burke stinks. If they wanted to get Radivojovich (sp?) they could have just traded from him alone, rather than bring in that sieve Sean Burke who is sucking just as bad, if not worse, than he did the first time he was here. Plus, I hate him even more now because he's taking time away from a guy who hasn't done anything wrong yet, that being Antero.

MojoJojo 02-18-2004 07:00 AM

Quote:

The question is: would his production outpace his defensive lapses? He has great skills, but everything I was afraid of about his defensive play turned out to be true.

sinisalo 02-18-2004 08:17 AM

I don't miss Comrie or Williams. Williams skated around like crazy, but it didn't amount to much. Hands of stone and a weak shot. Comrie wasn't going to fit in with Hitchcock.

But if a team trades away Woywitka, Williams, Comrie, and a 1st round pick in the same year, you would think the result would be much, much better than that useless 37 yr old stiff Burke and Branko. Who knows about Eager. And the money Clarke spent on Hackup and the money he is spending on Burke, you would think that money would be better spent elsewhere. Burke has one of the worst SV PCT in the NHL. We all knew Hackup would not make it here.

I don't know about Clarke's infatuation with Burke over the past few years, he has been wanting him for a while. Well, now he has him, I hope he is happy. I am not. This team will go nowhere with Burke in goal. Burke has never done anything in the NHL, why should that change now.

Niittyamaki played so well in 3 games, why not give him more games???? But the team must play better in front of him than they have in front of the useless 37 yr old dinosaur.

Rex88 02-18-2004 08:47 AM

It was not the sending of Comrie (although I think the Flyers could have done better) but obtaining him that was the lopsided deal. It made no sense at the time as many have pointed out he is/was a bad fit here given the team makeup and style. Burke has not looked great except in the first game and the D has been even worse - Therien is a one man goalie wrecking crew.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-18-2004 11:24 AM

Quote:

Maybe you could fly on up to Canada and I'd gladly oblige...I guess from reading these boards for the past year, I've learned some things. There are intelligent posters and slightly ignorant ones. Some people know hockey and some people like to practise their typing skills. There are Flyer "fans" and there are "bandwagoners."
The thing that bothers me is; while our team is hobbled and getting pounded, the bandwagoners are always there to critcize and say "I told you so," while the "faithful," try to figure out ways to win and stay optimistic. Well...to all the posters criticizing while we're injured...try thinking before you speak. It's pretty bad when all I can think about during our worst injury slide in years is: "what are the armchair GM's gonna spout off about now?" :mad:

capn89* 02-18-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Maybe you could fly on up to Canada and I'd gladly oblige...I guess from reading these boards for the past year, I've learned some things. There are intelligent posters and slightly ignorant ones. Some people know hockey and some people like to practise their typing skills. There are Flyer "fans" and there are "bandwagoners."
The thing that bothers me is; while our team is hobbled and getting pounded, the bandwagoners are always there to critcize and say "I told you so," while the "faithful," try to figure out ways to win and stay optimistic. Well...to all the posters criticizing while we're injured...try thinking before you speak. It's pretty bad when all I can think about during our worst injury slide in years is: "what are the armchair GM's gonna spout off about now?" :mad:

Couldn't one safely say that the flyers fans who defend the team after horrible moves and terrible play may not in fact be the non-bandwagoners, but in fact are deluded? I've been a Flyers fan since 94 or 95, whenever Prism vanished and they started televising games on basic cable. I, and a lot of people who knew me during my prime of fandom, would never call me a bandwagoner... in fact, I used to defend the team just the way a lot of people here do. But I've become a realist. Sean Burke is not the answer, I won't use any excuse in his defense. The buffalo sabres sucked, yet Dominik Hasek was able to post amazing numbers, and carry the team on his back. Yet whenever Burke, Esche, Cechmanek, etc etc etc, would falter, the "faithful" would find some excuse to defend them, because it's always someone else's fault. I'd love to be sitting here, saying that Burke is great and he's our shot at the cup, or Esche or whoever the hell else... but the fact is, if I said it, I wouldn't believe it. Out of the three goalies, I like Niitty the best... but they won't even give him a shot. And if he fails too, so be it. But there comes a point where you have to stop blaming Therien, the D, the forwards. Good goalies are just good. I don't see it in Burke or Esche.

anonymous* 02-18-2004 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
Couldn't one safely say that the flyers fans who defend the team after horrible moves and terrible play may not in fact be the non-bandwagoners, but in fact are deluded? I've been a Flyers fan since 94 or 95, whenever Prism vanished and they started televising games on basic cable. I, and a lot of people who knew me during my prime of fandom, would never call me a bandwagoner... in fact, I used to defend the team just the way a lot of people here do. But I've become a realist. Sean Burke is not the answer, I won't use any excuse in his defense. The buffalo sabres sucked, yet Dominik Hasek was able to post amazing numbers, and carry the team on his back. Yet whenever Burke, Esche, Cechmanek, etc etc etc, would falter, the "faithful" would find some excuse to defend them, because it's always someone else's fault. I'd love to be sitting here, saying that Burke is great and he's our shot at the cup, or Esche or whoever the hell else... but the fact is, if I said it, I wouldn't believe it. Out of the three goalies, I like Niitty the best... but they won't even give him a shot. And if he fails too, so be it. But there comes a point where you have to stop blaming Therien, the D, the forwards. Good goalies are just good. I don't see it in Burke or Esche.

Realistically, Burke will do fine if the defense keeps the quality chances to a minimum as well as second shots. Realistically, Osgood isn't a great goalie yet still has a cup ring. Realistically, Brodeur and the Devil's haven't won every year, not even 2 in a row(I'm trying to say he's not a sure thing and the team needs to play well in front of him). Realistically, Giguere probably wouldn't get hot again this year. Realistically, the Flyers aren't as good without Primeau and JR. Realistically, nobody could have predicted the injuries. Realistically, a team in first in the East should beat an 8th seed in the playoffs. Realistically, the regular season doesn't mean anything when the playoffs start except for seeding. Realistically 29 teams are not going to get it done. Realistically, being negative is going to be right more often than being positive. Realistically, there's nothing wrong with hoping for the best.

FlyersHomer DM03 02-18-2004 01:38 PM

Burke played decently, kept the Flyers in the game with a nice string of saves in the 2nd period. Don't take this comment like it's from a scout or anything, but Burke just looks a step slower than a usual goaltender should. On a few of the plays where he had to slide across, he just looked a step behind. Maybe they didn't have time to sharpen his skates after getting off the plane, I don't know.

I hope this deal turns out better than it looks already...which is Mike Comrie for 12 goals allowed in three games. I'm going to continue to be pessimistic until Burke proves that he will be able to steal a game for us here and there in the playoffs. We're going to need better defensive and goaltender efforts in the future or I'm going to be real uncomfortable to share a message board with.

Pontifex Maximus* 02-18-2004 02:07 PM

Panties is at it again. At least this post is somewhat decipherable.

panayiotis 02-18-2004 05:48 PM

Roenick to rw

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
And it should be obvious to everybody, except the blind, that Comrie would not get minutes over Roenick, Handzus, or Primeau.

Then dont trade for him dude. I would have moved Roenick to rw have Gags at left and look out. Give them 18 minutes a night and they would have put up huge numbers.

Winston Wolf 02-18-2004 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous
Realistically, Burke will do fine if the defense keeps the quality chances to a minimum as well as second shots. Realistically, Osgood isn't a great goalie yet still has a cup ring. Realistically, Brodeur and the Devil's haven't won every year, not even 2 in a row(I'm trying to say he's not a sure thing and the team needs to play well in front of him). Realistically, Giguere probably wouldn't get hot again this year. Realistically, the Flyers aren't as good without Primeau and JR. Realistically, nobody could have predicted the injuries. Realistically, a team in first in the East should beat an 8th seed in the playoffs. Realistically, the regular season doesn't mean anything when the playoffs start except for seeding. Realistically 29 teams are not going to get it done. Realistically, being negative is going to be right more often than being positive. Realistically, there's nothing wrong with hoping for the best.

Come on, let's be realistic here.

panayiotis 02-18-2004 05:52 PM

u are so tough

Quote:

I am not hard to find hoser.

Dr Love 02-18-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

panayiotis doesn't fall into any of those categories, because to be a fan of some magnitude, whether it be a die hard or a bandwagoner, you actually have to say something nice about the team, and not moan all of the time.

FearTheFlyers 02-18-2004 06:08 PM

i think he's the same poster as that "RedHorner on the leaf board. both very similiar anyway.

IronMarshal 02-18-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

SLAP!!!!!!

anonymous* 02-18-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Come on, let's be realistic here.

I'll try, but everything looks so good through orange and black glasses :joker:

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-19-2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous

You didn't need a crystal ball to see where the blame would fall for our defensive lapses...wait, not lapses...we didn't play any defense in those back to backers. We're befuddled with injuries and our blue line doesn't seem to be able to stand up and stop the rush...that doesn't leave much hope for Burke. I agree with some posters who think Nitty should have gotten the start vs Tampa, but I don't think the results would have been any different...believe they were protecting a young goalie vs a red hot Tampa team. I was pretty optimistic before JR went down, then Preems(our MVP, outside of Recchi)...now I'm just hoping we don't sell the farm and can ride out the injuries till playoff time. It's gutcheck time for some vets and time for some young talent to step up...maybe hitch should show them some Kings tapes or "Miracle," before the Bruins game. I agree totally, be carefully optimistic for the rest of the season...Still rather have a few injuries and be 1st than having no injuries and being 9th. :)

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-19-2004 08:45 AM

Quote:

I am not hard to find hoser.

If there wasn't so much snow on the ground, I'd start looking under rocks right now. :rolly:

Vagrant 02-19-2004 05:35 PM

Let's halt the personal attacks panayiotis, this is a warning.

As for everybody else, let's try to keep this mudslinging stuff to a minimum, thanks.