HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jaromir speaks on departure (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=532420)

Carlos Ranger 07-04-2008 04:04 AM

Jaromir speaks on departure

Quote:

"I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be in New York, but I've always believed in my life that things happen for a reason, and that's how I look at this," Jagr told The Post last night. "Coming to the Rangers was great for me, and I owe Glen thanks for making the trade with Washington [on Jan. 23, 2004] to bring me here.

"I can't say I regret anything that happened here. We didn't win the Stanley Cup, but there's a lot of luck that goes into that, too, even if you have a great team. Well, I guess I regret that I didn't get 84 points this season. If that had happened, I'd still be here."

"With the contracts for Scotty, Dru and Hank [Henrik Lundqvist], and then signing [Wade] Redden, they have almost $30M in four players, so there wasn't enough for me after that," Jagr said. "The Rangers wanted to get better on defense and they spent a lot of money on Redden.

"That's OK. That's what they thought would make them a better team. If I did a better job with Scotty or Dru, it might be different."

"People think that it's better to have a lot of choices, but sometimes having one choice is best because you can't make the wrong one," Jagr said. "I don't know what I'm going to do now, but I'll make that choice when it's time.

"I want to thank Glen and Tom and the Rangers. I want to thank all the people who supported me. Being in New York was special.

"And I also want to say to the people like Mike Milbury who made their living by criticizing me all the time, that they can kiss my [butt].
"
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07042008...one_118481.htm

GarretJoseph 07-04-2008 04:06 AM

LOL!

Mad Mike just got mad.

Rock On Jagr, will miss you.

danno2530 07-04-2008 04:07 AM

Just outstanding. :laugh::laugh: That sums up every press clipping from him throughout his Rangers career :laugh:

Love the guy..I hope he does great in Russia.

Kostik 07-04-2008 04:11 AM

Muhaha.
Leaving with style :handclap:

LyNX27 07-04-2008 04:13 AM

Very classy guy. Hate to see him leave like this, but one day I will cheer loudly as they induct him into HoF.

Milbury's gotta be shaking in his boots right now.

Radek27 07-04-2008 04:20 AM

Love the quote, I think I finially found a sig!

Edge 07-04-2008 04:38 AM

Well it's the end of an era.

Seemed like neither Jagr nor the Rangers expected to be at this point so soon.

The 05-06 season was particularly special. The Rangers were back in the playoffs and Jagr was showing the world just how talented he could be.

RegalRangers 07-04-2008 06:56 AM

For a guy who gets a lot of **** for being a primadonna, those are some elegant parting words.

We'll miss you Jaromir but thanks for giving us a real shot at the cup.

nyrage 07-04-2008 07:41 AM

Sounds like he really wanted to be here. Strange negotiation session with Sather.

I've never been a Sather fan. He can be a really arrogant hard-ass towards his players. I'll never forget how he treated Graves years ago.

I'll miss Jags. He ended up with a generally bad reputation throughout the league, but I think for the most part that he was misunderstood.

I think that he lost confidence when he hurt his shoulder, but when games were on the line, he showed a passion that all the great players have. It was good to see him go with a great playoffs.

Jagr was one of the most talented players ever to play in the NHL. It would have been great to have had him in his prime (same for Wayne), but I appreciated his time here. It was a good run.

Good luck Jags.

kickice 07-04-2008 08:03 AM

haha, I love it!

Farewell to JJ, a real pleasure to have been able to see him play in New York. A truly fantastic talent. Shame to see him leave, but he leaves with a lot of class, good man.

Funny guy too! A real character, some people never really got that side of him!

qwertyaas 07-04-2008 08:06 AM

Sure will miss that guy. When he turned it on, he really was unstoppable.

He brought back Ranger Hockey.

SupersonicMonkey* 07-04-2008 08:15 AM

I'm gonna miss Jags.

That quote to Milbury was fantastic. FINALLY! at a boy Jags!

abev 07-04-2008 08:34 AM

I am going to miss Jagr's quotes. I think Jagr is just a very genuine guy who doesn't shovel the canned responses at you that so many athletes do these days.

If he wasn't playing in the NHL, I am glad he chose Russia over the US.

One of my favorite pictures I was able to take back in Nov of 07:

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...&pictureid=253

Blazephr 07-04-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abev (Post 14731524)
I am going to miss Jagr's quotes. I think Jagr is just a very genuine guy who doesn't shovel the canned responses at you that so many athletes do these days.

Nov of 07????? Nylander???? Maybe it was Nov of 06.

klingsor 07-04-2008 08:40 AM

Gonna miss him.

He certainly didn't burn his bridges with the Rangers or any of his teammates.

As a Ranger fan, I'm elated that he didn't go back to the Penguins.

I Am Chariot 07-04-2008 08:44 AM

Thank You JJ, NY wont forget that you were AWESOME for us!!!

A proud Ranger!

Nekz 07-04-2008 08:46 AM

Man I am upset he didn't resign and it seems like he really wanted to come back. Well atleast we don't have to play against him, good luck in Omsk! Teach Cherepenov a few things too (if he is also on that team, I forgot).

Magnus Fulgur 07-04-2008 08:55 AM

Wow, great stuff. Well done Jaromir! Very classy.

At least he won't have to worry about Jeff Finger anymore.

RedLightDistrict 07-04-2008 09:03 AM

I fully endorse a Jagr Night or an honorary banner for the guy. As great as all of the memories are that we have of him over the past three years, he doesn't deserve to have his number retired; Jagr deserves SOME sort of recognition for what he did at the Garden.:yo:

Levitate 07-04-2008 09:06 AM

Hopefully he tells Cherepanov how great NY is and how he should go play there as soon as possible ;)

Might actually be a big factor in getting Cherepanov over

Celestial Black 07-04-2008 09:14 AM

Great to hear something like that from him. Would have loved to see him again for at least one more year. Jagr era is over here for the Rangers but I hope he continues to be himself over at Omsk.

19GOMEZ19* 07-04-2008 09:16 AM

bye jags hope you have a great time in russia. we will all miss the fancy goals!

polako 07-04-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abev (Post 14731524)

Fantastic photo!

I love Jagr and hate to see him leave. More than Lundqvist or Renney, this guy made the NYR relevant again.

I'll never forget the 05-06 season. Supposed to finish almost dead last, and b/c of his MVP-worthy season, we almost took the division, , if not for the last game of the season.

Thanks Jagr, hope to see you back at MSG for a ceremony.

The Thomas J.* 07-04-2008 10:01 AM

Jagr really wanted to be here, I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

Going out in style with his quotes. Every Ranger fan owes Jagr a big thank you for saving this team post lockout.

poeman 07-04-2008 10:03 AM

Certainly will help Cherepanov's development there