HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Niko Zherdev - A Ranger "Highlight Reel - Preview/Montage" [VID/YT#1] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=532802)

Loffen 07-04-2008 09:41 PM

Niko Zherdev - A Ranger "Highlight Reel - Preview/Montage" [VID/YT#1]

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2...evmovierh7.jpg

Containing his sickest moves and goals. Enjoy! :yo:

1Knee1T 07-04-2008 09:47 PM

Awesome vid.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-04-2008 09:51 PM

LoFFeN you always make the best vids. you and inferno.

n8 07-04-2008 09:58 PM

that clip versus Khabibulin doesn't do it justice, but I don't blame you because the clip is not easy to find.

This vid has it around the 3 min mark. Check out the 3rd angle. He's getting the rebound either in mid-air or practically in mid-air. :handclap:

FromDubiToZherdev* 07-04-2008 10:10 PM

I can't believe how he did this in Columbus:amazed: Imagine with Gomez.....:nod:

ThirdEye 07-04-2008 10:39 PM

Yeah, I still can't believe Columbus let him go. Nice videos

There is obviously some risk, but damn, this guy has hands at least as good as those of anyone in the league (except maybe the threesome of Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin)

Anyone know what song that is in the the video n8 posted?

Forever Blue 07-04-2008 10:43 PM

I really hate waiting for the season to start. I know there are other variables at play with him, but in terms of pure skill, there are very few in the league that are better.

RMcDonagh 07-04-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 14746465)

Lirama - Motorcycle

Can't believe we picked this kid up. If he stays in the NHL and we get him a contract extension, Tyutin for this kid will look like one of the best deals Sather has ever pulled off, and possibly in the organization.

Counting the seconds until opening day.

NYReign 07-04-2008 10:45 PM

That last minute game tying goal against Chicago is truly ridiculous. I have all the hope in the world for this guy

Burlington Bomb 26 07-04-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 14746465)
Yeah, I still can't believe Columbus let him go. Nice videos

There is obviously some risk, but damn, this guy has hands at least as good as those of anyone in the league (except maybe the threesome of Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin)

i actually think he has better hands than all 3 of them, but isnt as talented as all 3 of them.

Carlos Ranger 07-04-2008 10:52 PM

Really good stuff Loff.

nevesis 07-04-2008 10:54 PM

That video was ****ing sick. The season can't start soon enough...

Dredden 07-04-2008 10:57 PM

Nice!

Loffen 07-05-2008 12:23 AM

vid updated

^^Thanks guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 14745913)
that clip versus Khabibulin doesn't do it justice, but I don't blame you because the clip is not easy to find.

Thanks man. Added the angle. *Along with some other improvements.*

Inferno 07-05-2008 12:43 AM

nice vid man. I made a vid about him too, but it wasnt stylish like yours (really like the way you put it together). I just put one so you could see basically every goal hes ever scored. its here:

mine was more informational than stylistic. I love yours though :D

Yellot00tr 07-05-2008 12:46 AM

that's pretty damned sweet. does it concern anyone that it seems like he enjoys trying to go coast to coast with the puck? it's a highlight reel, so obviously it's going to show only the times that it worked out. what about the times that it didn't work out and as his team is rushing to trail him he loses the puck and forces his teammates to scramble back on d to prevent an odd man rush? don't get me wrong, the garden will go absolutely nuts when he pulls something like that off-imagine against the devils or philly with a minute left to either go ahead or tie the game, and the replay being shown the jumboton. the place would be rocking. now imagine he tries something like that with a minute left, loses the puck while threading through skaters as the rest of the team rushes to follow the play, their defense outlets a pass down the ice for an easy 2 on 1.

dank 07-05-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellot00tr (Post 14747870)
that's pretty damned sweet. does it concern anyone that it seems like he enjoys trying to go coast to coast with the puck? it's a highlight reel, so obviously it's going to show only the times that it worked out. what about the times that it didn't work out and as his team is rushing to trail him he loses the puck and forces his teammates to scramble back on d to prevent an odd man rush? don't get me wrong, the garden will go absolutely nuts when he pulls something like that off-imagine against the devils or philly with a minute left to either go ahead or tie the game, and the replay being shown the jumboton. the place would be rocking. now imagine he tries something like that with a minute left, loses the puck while threading through skaters as the rest of the team rushes to follow the play, their defense outlets a pass down the ice for an easy 2 on 1.

he cuts like gomez.. now gomez finally has some1 who can keep up

Morozov 07-05-2008 02:13 AM

Am very very jealous of Rangers fans getting this guy. Would have loved him sporting a Pens jersey. Despite all the crap people used to say about him, he just has talent coming out of his ass.

Also great viewing!

Mogilny89 07-05-2008 03:00 AM

there is no question that Zherdev is a human highlight reel. After watching him this coming season you will probably all think, at one time or another, that he is the most talented player in the league. I mean, he does things that 99% of the league just flat out cannot do. He will drop your jaw.

That being said, and being a Columbus fan, Nik is the epitome of what GM's fear in a Russian-born hockey stud. He completely knows how to speak English, yet he never does - barely to his team-mates even (so it has been said). He had 10 goals two seasons ago, where I saw him (game in and game out) put forth an all but counter-productive effort. On top of that, you'll find he's an incredibly smart defensive player. All his talents make it obvious when the kid is playing uninspired, and over the course of his 3+ seasons here, I've seen him play in that manner far too frequently.

Sure the Jackets have been garbage, but to have so much talent and not aspire to dominate, regardless of your team but for personal pride, is what makes watching Nik so frustrating.

I truly hope he flourishes in NY because he's a fantastic talent and everyone should see him play at his best - it really is just amazing. However, my gut tells me he will be a contract-year performer who puts up big numbers when it benefits his personal gain...and sadly, I don't know that he sees personal gain in winning. He puts far more effort in to how pretty it looks and not enough into whether it goes in or not.

RMcDonagh 07-05-2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogilny89 (Post 14748855)
there is no question that Zherdev is a human highlight reel. After watching him this coming season you will probably all think, at one time or another, that he is the most talented player in the league. I mean, he does things that 99% of the league just flat out cannot do. He will drop your jaw.

That being said, and being a Columbus fan, Nik is the epitome of what GM's fear in a Russian-born hockey stud. He completely knows how to speak English, yet he never does - barely to his team-mates even (so it has been said). He had 10 goals two seasons ago, where I saw him (game in and game out) put forth an all but counter-productive effort. On top of that, you'll find he's an incredibly smart defensive player. All his talents make it obvious when the kid is playing uninspired, and over the course of his 3+ seasons here, I've seen him play in that manner far too frequently.

Sure the Jackets have been garbage, but to have so much talent and not aspire to dominate, regardless of your team but for personal pride, is what makes watching Nik so frustrating.

I truly hope he flourishes in NY because he's a fantastic talent and everyone should see him play at his best - it really is just amazing. However, my gut tells me he will be a contract-year performer who puts up big numbers when it benefits his personal gain...and sadly, I don't know that he sees personal gain in winning. He puts far more effort in to how pretty it looks and not enough into whether it goes in or not.

Thanks for the insight, that seems to be the ongoing conversation about his flaws is his work ethic and we just can't wait to see what happens while he's here.

Celestial Black 07-05-2008 09:13 AM

It will be good to see him as a blueshirt and net us many goals hopefully. Wonder if we sign him to a contract.

jas 07-05-2008 10:04 AM

His skill is just draw-dropping. What I really love though is his wrister, the same brutally quick trigger release that you see with Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. (I am not saying he will be those type of players, just that this particular ability is very similar.) The truth is, if Zherdev puts it together in NY, the burden of Cherepanov reaching his full development becomes a much less pressing issue to the future of this franchise. And, to be honest, as much as many people are sad to see Tyutin go, he was a small price to pay.

ThirdEye 07-05-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 14750370)
His skill is just draw-dropping. What I really love though is his wrister, the same brutally quick trigger release that you see with Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. (I am not saying he will be those type of players, just that this particular ability is very similar.) The truth is, if Zherdev puts it together in NY, the burden of Cherepanov reaching his full development becomes a much less pressing issue to the future of this franchise. And, to be honest, as much as many people are sad to see Tyutin go, he was a small price to pay.

You're right, when I saw that wrister I immediately thought of the guys in Atlanta and Washington.

I think Cherepanov has a very, very similar style to his game also, if not a little bit more subdued

GregNYR19 07-05-2008 11:36 AM

wow ummm i didnt realize he was good like that...im VERY impressed. hes gonna be in every shoot out

fes 07-05-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 14745913)

This vid has it around the 3 min mark. Check out the 3rd angle. He's getting the rebound either in mid-air or practically in mid-air. :handclap:

did you make this one n8?
If you did, serious props on this. Best one by far and awesome song choice.