HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Are we finished? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=533128)

u8mylife47 07-05-2008 08:58 PM

Are we finished?

This may be mentioned in another thread at some point.. but has Sather formally mentioned that we are done with free agency, and this is the roster that we will be heading into the season with?

It feels great to have a great goalie, solid defense, and a good offense. We could be missing just ONE more piece to the puzzle (one more good winger).

Beacon 07-05-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u8mylife47 (Post 14757613)
This may be mentioned in another thread at some point.. but has Sather formally mentioned that we are done with free agency, and this is the roster that we will be heading into the season with?

It feels great to have a great goalie, solid defense, and a good offense. We could be missing just ONE more piece to the puzzle (one more good winger).

We need to do a 2-1 or 3-1 trade to exchange some of the third liners for a second liners.

Think Callahan and Prucha can fetch a decent second liner like another Dubi (who can play on the wing)?

u8mylife47 07-05-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 (Post 14757954)
We need to do a 2-1 or 3-1 trade to exchange some of the third liners for a second liners.

Think Callahan and Prucha can fetch a decent second liner like another Dubi (who can play on the wing)?

It's possible.. but I'm not too anxious to get rid of those guys. People seemed to have given up on Prucha, yet his playing circumstances have been completely different from his first year.

Afinogenov could be a good target. Buffalo wants to get rid of him and he would come cheap.

RMcDonagh 07-05-2008 10:26 PM

Afinigenov could be a great target. He's another "project" so to speak as a Russian with work ethic problems, and has been declining lately. However, he seems to be the direction we're going in and we have players to compliment him (Zherdev, Drury, Kalinin)...

SupersonicMonkey* 07-05-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u8mylife47 (Post 14757613)

Agreed, we are.

One legit top 6 scorer and a 7th defenseman and the roster is more or less complete.

VERMETTE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u8mylife47 07-05-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PukkuMikku (Post 14758624)
Agreed, we are.

One legit top 6 scorer and a 7th defenseman and the roster is more or less complete.

VERMETTE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Struds coming back? He was a great 7th D-Man in my opinion.

newyorkrangers11 07-05-2008 11:33 PM

Cheechoo?

Prucha + Callahan + 2nd + 5th

or something along those lines then

Naslund + Gomez + Cheechoo as 1 line.. sounds like goals to me

Deathstroke 07-05-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkrangers11 (Post 14759063)
Cheechoo?

Prucha + Callahan + 2nd + 5th

or something along those lines then

Naslund + Gomez + Cheechoo as 1 line.. sounds like goals to me

Cheechoo doesn't fit the type of game we're going for.

newyorkrangers11 07-05-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFPatUSC (Post 14759091)

explain?

the type of game i see us going for is a more offensive one after last year we failed so miserably. Cheechoo's speed and scoring ability is one that could and most likely would contribute so drastically in our system. He flys, so does Gomer.. Gomer passes, Cheechoo scores...

Fire Sather 07-05-2008 11:48 PM

Cheechoo actually fits pretty well in said system.

Would try for him.

Deathstroke 07-06-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkrangers11 (Post 14759151)
explain?

the type of game i see us going for is a more offensive one after last year we failed so miserably. Cheechoo's speed and scoring ability is one that could and most likely would contribute so drastically in our system. He flys, so does Gomer.. Gomer passes, Cheechoo scores...

Cheechoo can't skate.

He's also a bargain at what he is signed for so its going to cost a **** load to get him.

FutureGM97 07-06-2008 12:09 AM

I would rather take Vermette but how much would cost both asset wise to get him and $$$ wise? Afinogenov would be a good choice considering the Sabres are pretty much trying to dump him. Maxim, Gomez and Zherdev on a line would be insanely fast

Trxjw 07-06-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 14759418)
I would rather take Vermette but how much would cost both asset wise to get him and $$$ wise? Afinogenov would be a good choice considering the Sabres are pretty much trying to dump him. Maxim, Gomez and Zherdev on a line would be insanely fast

Well apparently Vermette is looking for 4 mil from Ottawa. If we're looking for cash to resign Zherdev next season, having Afinogenov might be a good way to free up that space as he'll be a UFA next summer.

Chainshot 07-06-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Staal (Post 14758464)
Afinigenov could be a great target. He's another "project" so to speak as a Russian with work ethic problems, and has been declining lately. However, he seems to be the direction we're going in and we have players to compliment him (Zherdev, Drury, Kalinin)...

Work ethic is not Max's issue and it never has been. His effectiveness in utilizing his teammates and his level of defensive responsibility? That he can be taken to task on all day.

As for "coming cheap"... why on Earth would Regier trade him within the conference to a playoff team "cheaply"? No dice.

Trxjw 07-06-2008 12:36 AM

I wonder if O'Sullivan is on Slats' radar. He had a hell of a rookie season last year with 22G and 31A. He's an RFA, but didn't file for arbitration. He's rumored to be looking for big money.

He's also from North Carolina, might help entice him to the east coast. :naughty:

NYR Viper 07-06-2008 12:43 AM

max shouldnt be touched......he has the speed but is bad defensivelyand doenst use his linemates..........

vermette, IMO makes the most sense, however i dont know how much sather would have to give up for him......i would be fine giving him 3.8 million and then zherdev 4 million next year as they would most likely be the rangers top line wingers.....he is good defensively, a good faceoff guy, has good speed, good hands....i see nothing to detur the rangers and sather

callahan
prucha(salary dump)
potter
hollweg

vermette
b-level prospect

FutureGM97 07-06-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14759695)
max shouldnt be touched......he has the speed but is bad defensivelyand doenst use his linemates..........

vermette, IMO makes the most sense, however i dont know how much sather would have to give up for him......i would be fine giving him 3.8 million and then zherdev 4 million next year as they would most likely be the rangers top line wingers.....he is good defensively, a good faceoff guy, has good speed, good hands....i see nothing to detur the rangers and sather

callahan
prucha(salary dump)
potter
hollweg

vermette
b-level prospect

Rangers would take that but i think Ottawa would laugh in our faces...

jniklast 07-06-2008 05:02 AM

I'd like pock as 7th dman, i think he earns another (final) chance, and he is much younger than struds

LyNX27 07-06-2008 05:41 AM

In MY mind at least there is no doubt a trade will be made. Some people are making a call for Bertuzzi, others are calling primarily for a trade. Who knows. Hopefully we can put together a package to grab either picks and relieve ourselves from our bottom 6, OR we grab a bigger 2 way... "Scoring forward" which our lines obviously lack. Time will tell.

jas 07-06-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14759639)
I wonder if O'Sullivan is on Slats' radar. He had a hell of a rookie season last year with 22G and 31A. He's an RFA, but didn't file for arbitration. He's rumored to be looking for big money.

He's also from North Carolina, might help entice him to the east coast. :naughty:

He was also moved to the wing, if I'm not mistaken.

Levitate 07-06-2008 09:25 AM

I thin they should be done for this year.

SupersonicMonkey* 07-06-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFPatUSC (Post 14759091)

Agreed.

But, Vermette does!!!!!!!!

Dammit, Slats, get us Vermette!!!!!!!!

Celestial Black 07-06-2008 09:44 AM

I'm thinking one trade will go down (hopefully) to create a bit more cap space. I can only hope we shop for a winger.

segmentation fault 07-07-2008 03:00 PM

Just wondering: Whats Shanahan doing?

Forechecker 07-07-2008 03:14 PM

I just don't see any more big moves. Maybe exchanging role players for cheaper role players, maybe, but outside of that, we just don't seem to have the cap flexibility to land a legit top 6 winger.