HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   File for arbitration (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=533138)

DrMailloux 07-05-2008 10:57 PM

File for arbitration
 
Il i understand well, the RFA player can file for arbitration but if they do, they cannot receive sheet offer from another team. What happen to those player that do not go into arbitration like Halak for sample if they do not sign before the beginning of the season ? Is there some kind of date where if they are not signed, they become free agent ?

BaseballCoach 07-05-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMailloux (Post 14758178)
Il i understand well, the RFA player can file for arbitration but if they do, they cannot receive sheet offer from another team. What happen to those player that do not go into arbitration like Halak for sample if they do not sign before the beginning of the season ? Is there some kind of date where if they are not signed, they become free agent ?

Jaroslav Halak does not have enough seniority to qualify for arbitration. He and others like him ARE free agents; the date has already passed, which was July 1st.

However, RESTRICTED free agents remain RESTRICTED no matter what they do. They can:

a) sign a contract with their current team
b) sign an offer sheet with another team, which will either be matched or not,
c) go to another league (usually in Europe)
d) stay home

goalchenyuk 07-05-2008 11:41 PM

15 players have filed arbitration ; ( players can not be tendered an offer sheet, but rather need to be obtained via trade...). from HBuzz ;


Boston Bruins
Dennis Wideman

Carolina Hurricanes
Chad LaRose

Colorado Avalanche
Marek Svatos

Detroit Red Wings
Valtteri Filppula

Florida Panthers
Jay Bouwmeester

Minnesota Wild
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Stephane Veilleux

Nashville Predators
Ville Koistinen

New York Islanders
Sean Bergenheim

New York Rangers
Dan Fritsche

Ottawa Senators
Antoine Vermette

St. Louis Blues
Jay McClement

San Jose Sharks
Marcel Goc

Washington Capitals
Brooks Laich
Shaone Morrisonn

Whitesnake 07-06-2008 01:17 AM

Don't know what we could do about that market but how about we try to trade for some of those players. Maybe now that some teams could think they'll lose them to UFA next year, they would willing to hear the trade offers for guys like McClement, Laich, Goc or even Veilleux. I know that I would love more to see McClement, Goc or even Veilleux centering the 3rd line while I would put Chip on the 4th and see Lapierre battling for the spots on the wings instead.

Beakermania* 07-06-2008 08:55 AM

Teams can also elect to take players to arbitration.... these will be announced today...

This can also be a stratgegy to avoid offersheets to your RFAs

GoneAway 07-06-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 14761008)
Teams can also elect to take players to arbitration.... these will be announced today...

This can also be a stratgegy to avoid offersheets to your RFAs

What about Q-O's...does this take away the offer sheet possibility?

Beakermania* 07-06-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 14761048)
What about Q-O's...does this take away the offer sheet possibility?

No.... without a Q-O an RFA becomes an UFA on July 1st, but making one doesn't prevent an offer sheet.

The Qualifying offer is necessary to keep the player an RFA

GoneAway 07-06-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 14761061)
No.... without a Q-O an RFA becomes an UFA on July 1st, but making one doesn't prevent an offer sheet.

The Qualifying offer is necessary to keep the player an RFA


Ahhhhhh thanks

I knew there was a point to the qualifying offers :p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.