HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Antoine Vermette (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=533151)

SupersonicMonkey* 07-05-2008 11:14 PM

Antoine Vermette

So, why do i want Vermette on this team so much?

(Not my video)

Go get him, Slats!!!

Plato 07-05-2008 11:20 PM

Great player.

RMcDonagh 07-05-2008 11:21 PM

Certainly a very skilled player and I'd love to get him although I'm not sure we have the things to get it done.

FromDubiToZherdev* 07-05-2008 11:25 PM

Rfa?

TrojanRanger 07-05-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Staal (Post 14758954)
Certainly a very skilled player and I'd love to get him although I'm not sure we have the things to get it done.

We certainly do. Just not sure if they're pieces we want to give up.

and yes he is a RFA.

Trxjw 07-05-2008 11:39 PM

He filed for arbitration today, so no offer sheets for him.

Been hyping this kid around here for a while. He adds so much versatility to our top-six. He's incredibly fast, has a sick wrister, plays both ends of the ice, PK's and can line up at all 3 forward positions.

Honestly, if there was one guy out there this summer that I'd be really disappointed that we didn't get, it would be Vermette.

Vermette - Gomez - Zherdev would be one of the fastest lines in the league.

NYR Viper 07-06-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14759129)
He filed for arbitration today, so no offer sheets for him.

Been hyping this kid around here for a while. He adds so much versatility to our top-six. He's incredibly fast, has a sick wrister, plays both ends of the ice, PK's and can line up at all 3 forward positions.

Honestly, if there was one guy out there this summer that I'd be really disappointed that we didn't get, it would be Vermette.

Vermette - Gomez - Zherdev would be one of the fastest lines in the league.

totally agree.....vermette is actually UNDERRATED around here and most places because he plays behind great players like spezza, heatley and alfie.......

if anyone noticed in the video he scored a lot of his goals on breakaways because of the way the sens counter-attack.......that is what the rangers are going to try to do this year.....vermette is already adept at doing so......

CMON SLATS.....vermette-gomez-zherdev would be a line that would skate circles around other teams all game long

Celestial Black 07-06-2008 01:09 AM

Another player I really like and would definitely like to have on the Rangers.

frankthefrowner 07-06-2008 01:13 AM

I imagine they'd want a Defencemen... maybe we can trade them redden:sarcasm:

Trxjw 07-06-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthefrowner (Post 14759928)
I imagine they'd want a Defencemen... maybe we can trade them redden:sarcasm:

Well supposedly they're chasing a few d-men out west, Mclaren and Schneider have been named (Though it was Garrioch, so who knows how credible that is).

They are lacking 2nd line wingers though. However, since we're eastern conference rivals, I imagine it would take more than Prucha + Prospect to get any sort of deal done. Ottawa might throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder to try and squeeze a Dubi + Prucha package and build 2/3rds of a second line, and then take a gamble on one of the spare UFA's like Nagy.

Fire Sather 07-06-2008 02:03 AM

Why would they trade him?

Choice 07-06-2008 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 14760201)
Why would they trade him?

BC he's on their third line. Given the fact that hes going to arbitration I think hell be in OTT one more year, but I'm always impressed with that guy every time the Sens come to MSG and I sure wouldnt be opposed to trading for him.

CM Lundqvist 07-06-2008 02:49 AM

I wish we could have thrown an offer sheet at him.

Lundqvist=Vezina 07-06-2008 03:07 AM

I really don't think the Rangers have a shot at getting him.

RMcDonagh 07-06-2008 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 14760365)
I wish we could have thrown an offer sheet at him.

Believe me, with a couple of key Ranger players soon to be RFA's (next couple of years)...

You don't want to go around messing with RFA's...it'll come back to bite you....

n8 07-06-2008 03:58 AM

given that he's going to arbitration, I'm sure he'll get a contract that's short and that leads to UFA status in a season or two. We'll get him then. The other problem though is that we probably can't afford him right now. He looks like he's at least a $3M player. Probably $4M. 53 points on the 3rd line? How did Ottawa finish 8th?

SupersonicMonkey* 07-06-2008 09:07 AM

Prucha + Callahan + Potter + Hillier + 2009 3rd round pick

Vermette + 2009 5th round pick

That could get it done?

I don't think it is an overpayment because Vermette + the guys we acquired already this summer + our recent draft picks, makes all of the guys i included in the trade very replaceable.

BrianLeetch2 07-06-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PukkuMikku (Post 14761302)
Prucha + Callahan + Potter + Hillier + 2009 3rd round pick

Vermette + 2009 5th round pick

That could get it done?

I don't think it is an overpayment because Vermette + the guys we acquired already this summer + our recent draft picks, makes all of the guys i included in the trade very replaceable.

i would love to see that deal happen :yo:

SupersonicMonkey* 07-06-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14759891)
totally agree.....vermette is actually UNDERRATED around here and most places because he plays behind great players like spezza, heatley and alfie.......

if anyone noticed in the video he scored a lot of his goals on breakaways because of the way the sens counter-attack.......that is what the rangers are going to try to do this year.....vermette is already adept at doing so......

CMON SLATS.....vermette-gomez-zherdev would be a line that would skate circles around other teams all game long

Yes, and that is one of the reasons i want this guy here so bad.

A quick outlet pass from Redden and watch Vermette burn through the neutral zone and past the defenders and deke the goalie out of his pads.