HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   anybody up for Pronger? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=533274)

Pat 07-06-2008 01:26 PM

anybody up for Pronger?

taken from RDS...Pronger seems to be available

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/254160.html

Quote:

Le défenseur Chris Pronger des Ducks d'Anaheim serait présentement sur le marché des transactions selon ce qu'a appris notre collègue Renaud Lavoie.

Les Ducks d'Anaheim serait d'ailleurs particulièrement actif à quelques heures du début de la séance de repêchage à Ottawa.

Ceci fait suite aux rumeurs de plus en plus persistentes selon lesquelles Scott Niedermayer accepterait de revenir la saison prochaine.

Toutefois le directeur général des Ducks, Bryan Burke soutient qu'il n'a pas encore eu la confirmation que Niedermayer serait de retour.
sorry if this has been posted before...mods can remove

Beakermania* 07-06-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 14763812)

I'd love to get him, but he wouldn't be cheap.....

I also worry about his wife moving back to Canada??

I still think Schneider is the dman most likely to move from anaheim.

Fire Brunet* 07-06-2008 01:29 PM

Our D is fine.

Dan K 07-06-2008 01:29 PM

This rumour was from before the draft.... very old.

Indications are that Schneider is now the guy Burke is looking to move.

znk 07-06-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Welcome to "Vendredi 20 juin 2008"

Pat 07-06-2008 01:32 PM

ouppps...sorry
didn't see the date

Shabutie 07-06-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu (Post 14763848)
This rumour was from before the draft.... very old.

Indications are that Schneider is now the guy Burke is looking to move.

I'd take Schneider. If we can get him for like a Emelin + pick, I'd do it. He'd put us over the top. Would do a fine job replacing Streit on the PP.

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'byrne
Gorges - Schneider

Vilgrain 07-06-2008 02:04 PM

for the same price we can get 10000000 potatoes a year...

sorry, just can stand the guy

peperebougon* 07-06-2008 03:52 PM

No way...too expensive for the risk. He could put a Pronger on us :sarcasm:

le_sean 07-06-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 14764035)
I'd take Schneider. If we can get him for like a Emelin + pick, I'd do it. He'd put us over the top. Would do a fine job replacing Streit on the PP.

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'byrne
Gorges - Schneider

If you have a guy like Schneider who gets paid a good amount of money, he doesn't go on your bottom pairing. I understand that you are going for balance, but he would need a lot of minutes. Thing is Gorges and O'Byrne play really simple games so its not like they make a lot of mistakes in the first place, so I could see them together.

I do agree he would be a great replacement for Streit. Isn't he a right-handed shot too?

WeThreeKings 07-06-2008 04:22 PM

Who are we pronging?

tinyzombies 07-06-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Pronger would be too good to be true. Exactly what we need. If we had him, we'd love him. One of the most valuable players in the league. He took a garbage Edmonton team to the final. We could challenge Detroit with him.

Markov-Pronger
Hamrlik-Komisarek
whoever-whoever

I'm sure Bob is in on the talks if there are any. I would put a healthy package together for him.

This has got to be a much bigger priority than Sundin. Come on Bob!

le_sean 07-06-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees (Post 14766026)
Pronger would be too good to be true. Exactly what we need. If we had him, we'd love him. One of the most valuable players in the league. He took a garbage Edmonton team to the final. We could challenge Detroit with him.

Markov-Pronger
Hamrlik-Komisarek
whoever-whoever

I'm sure Bob is in on the talks if there are any. I would put a healthy package together for him.

This has got to be a much bigger priority than Sundin. Come on Bob!

If Pronger comes to Montreal then Komisarek goes to Anaheim. Burke isn't looking to re-build.

Hermamoud 07-06-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vilgrain (Post 14764252)
for the same price we can get 10000000 potatoes a year...

sorry, just can stand the guy

you want downey to come back?

AH 07-06-2008 06:36 PM

Pronger is on the decline... No longer the player he was in St Louis.

le_sean 07-06-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 14767137)
Pronger is on the decline... No longer the player he was in St Louis.

That's like saying the Gretzky of Los Angeles is not like the Gretzky of Edmonton, and began his decline.

Pronger is still the 2nd best defenceman in the league and the most physically intimidating.

Stewart JH Esq MBE 07-06-2008 09:27 PM

Meg Ryan is single too. I'd like to date her.

She wouldn't though. It's the same kind of situation with Pronger.

RE-HABS 07-06-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 14766152)
If Pronger comes to Montreal then Komisarek goes to Anaheim. Burke isn't looking to re-build.

I'm sorry but I don't think Komisarek is a Dman that would be a "rebuilding" type of player!

He has established hiimself and Burke would unload a older and much more expensive Pronger for Kommy in an instant.

A rebuilding type of Dman would be a project guy like O'Byrne or others in the wings like Valentako, Weber, Subban and others.

Burke may have to trade Pronger because he has more value around the league than Schnieder, but Pronger has "family baggage" that impaires a lot of deals.

I like our team Schneider and Pronger free...Beauchimen in our top 4 however???

le_sean 07-06-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 14769306)
I'm sorry but I don't think Komisarek is a Dman that would be a "rebuilding" type of player!

He has established hiimself and Burke would unload a older and much more expensive Pronger for Kommy in an instant.

A rebuilding type of Dman would be a project guy like O'Byrne or others in the wings like Valentako, Weber, Subban and others.

Burke may have to trade Pronger because he has more value around the league than Schnieder, but Pronger has "family baggage" that impaires a lot of deals.

I like our team Schneider and Pronger free...Beauchimen in our top 4 however???

lol maybe you mis-read, it's exactly what I meant. If Pronger were to be traded here, Komisarek would need to be part of the deal because he is young, cheap and an established player. We couldn't just throw in prospects and picks like the Ducks did to Edmonton since Burkie wants to win now.

carbomustgo07 07-06-2008 10:15 PM

I don't see the need for Pronger at all. He is not fast or well disciplned. It just seems useless to sign a guy that doesn't serve as a good model to our younger guys.

le_sean 07-06-2008 10:24 PM

Pronger is pretty damn fast for a guy his size. Plus he's always in the right position.

THE HOFF 07-06-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 14764035)

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'byrne
Gorges - Schneider

:amazed:

schneider! ... it doesn't make any sense to me... I'd rather have a bouillon on my 3rd pair to play against the other team's 3rd and 4rth line than schneider...

we have plenty of youth at this position... it's frustrating to see guys like brisebois supporting the D Core when you can have a young, promissing player who can play just as well....

generally speaking, our D is fine... we'll find someone to play on the pp ... if not , you increase hamrlik's pp time by puting him on the 1rst unit and give someone like ... gorges/komisarek/O'byrne/ a forward ... a shot on the 2nd pp unit...

streit and brisebois are gone... but it doesn't change our D core at all... we're fine.

tinyzombies 07-07-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 14766152)

I'd still do it.

Would be nice to have a Pronger when we beat Detroit in the finals. He'd smash both Franzen and Holmstrom into the glass. Especially now that we have Laraque to back him up. He wouldn't need to fight.

We're not going to beat Detroit at their own game (puck possession), we have to add something out of the ordinary.

In other words....SMASH THEM.

le_sean 07-07-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees (Post 14771043)
I'd still do it.

Would be nice to have a Pronger when we beat Detroit in the finals. He'd smash both Franzen and Holmstrom into the glass. Especially now that we have Laraque to back him up. He wouldn't need to fight.

We're not going to beat Detroit at their own game (puck possession), we have to add something out of the ordinary.

In other words....SMASH THEM.

Didn't Komisarek lead all defencemen in hits and blocked shots? We have him to smash.

b00tsauce 07-07-2008 08:14 PM

Nothing wrong with our D - we don't need him. Besides, I used to live in Orange County (now LA) and he's quite happy in Anaheim with his hot ass wife.