HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   #12 Montreal Canadiens Prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=533481)

didouche 07-07-2008 06:14 AM

#12 Montreal Canadiens Prospect
 
Ranking so far for the :habs prospects Summer 2008 edition

1. Max Pacioretty Drafted 22nd overall in 2007
2. Ryan McDonagh Drafted 12th overall in 2007
3. Jaroslav Halak Drafted 271st overall in 2003
4. Kyle Chipchura Drafted 18th overall in 2004
5. Ryan O'Byrne Drafted 79th overall in 2003
6. Ben Maxwell Drafted 49th overall in 2006
7. Pavel Valentenko Drafted 139th in 2006
8. P.K Subban Drafted 43rd overall in 2007
9. Alexei Yemelin Drafted 84th overall in 2004
10. David Fisher Drafted 20th overall in 2006
11. Yannick Weber Drafted 73rd overall in 2007

Please vote for #12. The poll will be opened for 24h unless the winner is ahead by a lumpsided affair (like in the case of Mcdonagh 75% of the votes)

Added Jason Missiaen, G

List of the remaining prospects

Andrew Conboy, LW
Mathieu Aubin, C
Patrick Johnson, C
Scott Kishel, D
Loic Lacasse, G
Olivier Latendresse, C
Ryan Russell, C
Joe Stejskal, D
Greg Pateryn D

REMINDER: According to HF criterias, Carey Price has graduated because he has played more than 45 NHL games

S. Kost is 1 game away from graduation with 52 regular season games+ 12 playoffs games this year (HF criteria=65) but to me he has graduated

Ryan O'byrne will still be considered a prospect as he has only played 37 games with the Habs as well has Halak


REMINDER #2

Here are Fall 2007 rankings

#1 - Carey Price (93.03% of the votes)
#2 - Andrei Kostitsyn (71.64%)
#3 - Ryan Mcdonagh (28.20%)
#4 - Kyle Chipchura (35.35%)
#5 - Jaroslav Halak (36.61%)
#6 - David Fisher (27.74%)
#7 - Sergei Kostitsyn (25.12%)
#8 - Mikhail Grabovski (39.57%)
#9 - Max Pacioretty (43.75%)
#10 - Ben Maxwell (28.72%)
#11 - Alexei Emelin (37.17%)
#12 - Pavel Valentenko (55.69% of the votes)
#13 - Maxim Lapierre (38.71%)
#14 - Ryan O'byrne (60.90%)
#15 - Matt D'Agostini (41.12%)
#16 - Ryan White (45.68%)
#17 - P.K. Subban (45.03%)
#18 - Mathieu Carle (74.81%)
#19 - Corey Locke (22.47%)
#20 - Olivier Fortier (23.08%)

Beakermania* 07-07-2008 06:23 AM

Korneev, add Aubin

Qui Gon Dave 07-07-2008 06:27 AM

I went with D'Agostini again, largely influenced by the fact he is one of the guys I have seen play quite a lot. He has a nice upside and although he has had some inconsistencies in the AHL (which even A.Kost did when the team was weak), when he is on, he can be explosive. Great skater, good speed, 100mph shot, right handed and goes through patches where his hands are (for the AHL level at least) excellent. Hopefully the Dogs have a stronger team next year and he makes full use of that, along with the experience he has gained the past two seasons.

Kristo projects roughly along the lines of D'Ago from what I've heard, but Matt is doing ok in the AHL right now. That gives him the edge IMO.

Add Johnson.

David_99 07-07-2008 06:32 AM

I chose White pretty much because of familiarity. I've followed him for a while (in a non-stalker sense). I chose him slightly over D'Ago in term of potential in their rolls at their positions. I feel he'll be a slightly better all around player then Matt. I didn't pick any of the new guys, like Kristo, because I have almost no knowledge of them or their potential.

Marc the Habs Fan 07-07-2008 08:27 AM

Mathieu Carle!

Add Stejskal.

Talent Analyst 07-07-2008 08:33 AM

Still Kristo.

Rapmaster 07-07-2008 08:58 AM

Kristo again, add Pateryn

kernkraft 07-07-2008 09:04 AM

lol, do we have a deep pool of prospects or what, a player (D'Agostini) who will most likely be part of the starting line-up is not even going to be in the top-12 of our prospects list.

Kaptain Bégin 07-07-2008 09:07 AM

Kristo, add Stejkal.

David_99 07-07-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kernkraft (Post 14772965)
lol, do we have a deep pool of prospects or what, a player (D'Agostini) who will most likely be part of the starting line-up is not even going to be in the top-12 of our prospects list.

Him or Stewart who will be lucky to make the top 15. We also just traded one of our tops prospects in Grabo.

Scotianhab 07-07-2008 09:12 AM

Kristo.

Add Stejskal.

Qui Gon Dave 07-07-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kernkraft (Post 14772965)
lol, do we have a deep pool of prospects or what, a player (D'Agostini) who will most likely be part of the starting line-up is not even going to be in the top-12 of our prospects list.

Are you talking about the start of the coming season or just a general point in the future?

kernkraft 07-07-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave (Post 14773032)
Are you talking about the start of the coming season or just a general point in the future?

Well, this is my humble opinion of course, but as I (would like to) see it:

08-09 Starting line-up
Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn
D'Agostini-Higgins-Latendresse
Laraque/Begin-Chipchura-Lapierre/Kostopoulos

David_99 07-07-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kernkraft (Post 14773068)
Well, this is my humble opinion of course, but as I (would like to) see it:

08-09 Starting line-up
Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn
D'Agostini-Higgins-Latendresse
Laraque/Begin-Chipchura-Lapierre/Kostopoulos

He'll definitely be a reserve (in Hamilton) for injuries, but I can't see that on opening night, unless he's the best player on the ice during camp. Even then, he might have to do some "favors". :naughty:

kernkraft 07-07-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_99 (Post 14773081)
He'll definitely be a reserve for injuries, but I can't see that on opening night, unless he's the best player on the ice during camp. Even then, he might have to do some "favors". :naughty:

Well, how do you see the line-up then? Because I don't think Lapierre belongs on the third line. And I think Higgins would be a great 3rd line center. I don't think he belongs on the first two lines, especially when the other wingers are AK46, AK27 and Tanguay. And I think putting the brothers together is only appropriate. So that leaves you with a hole on the 3rd line which I think would give D'Ago a good chance to show what he's got.

Remember last season though, Grabovski and Chipchura made the initial line-up but didn't stay in MTL very long.

David_99 07-07-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kernkraft (Post 14773103)
Well, how do you see the line-up then?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=532329

Qui Gon Dave 07-07-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kernkraft (Post 14773068)
Well, this is my humble opinion of course, but as I (would like to) see it:

08-09 Starting line-up
Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn
D'Agostini-Higgins-Latendresse
Laraque/Begin-Chipchura-Lapierre/Kostopoulos

I had been trying to figure how he might fit into the lineup if you had meant for the start of this season, but I hadn't considered putting Higgins as a centre. It could work, but personally I think D'Ago would be better off on the right wing. He likes ripping the puck from there and when you can shoot like he does, it's understandable why that is.

I don't think he starts the year in Montreal though. Last year was a bit of a let down for him IMO, partly due to injuries at the start of the year and partly due to the team not being so good. But I also expected him to either be better overall or at his best for longer. Maybe that is a little unfair on him but I'd like to see him really take charge in Hamilton to start the year. If he does, then we look to give him a chance in Montreal. He put up some decent numbers last year, but he is capable of better IMO and I'd like to see him get close to his best for a couple of months first. Hopefully Corso is back and they are put on the same line. Sparks could fly if they do and it could result in him forcing Gainey's hand a bit.

kernkraft 07-07-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave (Post 14773155)
I had been trying to figure how he might fit into the lineup if you had meant for the start of this season, but I hadn't considered putting Higgins as a centre. It could work, but personally I think D'Ago would be better off on the right wing. He likes ripping the puck from there and when you can shoot like he does, it's understandable why that is.

I don't think he starts the year in Montreal though. Last year was a bit of a let down for him IMO, partly due to injuries at the start of the year and partly due to the team not being so good. But I also expected him to either be better overall or at his best for longer. Maybe that is a little unfair on him but I'd like to see him really take charge in Hamilton to start the year. If he does, then we look to give him a chance in Montreal. He put up some decent numbers last year, but he is capable of better IMO and I'd like to see him get close to his best for a couple of months first. Hopefully Corso is back and they are put on the same line. Sparks could fly if they do and it could result in him forcing Gainey's hand a bit.

Quite right, you know more about the player than I do. I put him on the left there 'cause I have no idea which wing he plays :).

Delat 07-07-2008 09:35 AM

Ryan White, the guy is a bit like Max Pac, not as good but he will surprise people.

Andrighetto Fabolous 07-07-2008 09:38 AM

CARLE.

Add Latendresse.

WeThreeKings 07-07-2008 09:53 AM

Ryan White.
Add Pateryn.

Dwight 07-07-2008 09:53 AM

Danny Motha ****in' Kristo

Add Greg Motha ****in' Pateryn

Pierre Dagenais 07-07-2008 09:54 AM

D'agostini for me..

PS. its pretty useless to add new players now

HotPie 07-07-2008 10:01 AM

For people who are picking Kristo, I'd like to know your reasons why.

Not that I'm doubting your choices, but I barely know anything about the guy.

Brisebois 07-07-2008 10:06 AM

D'ago.

Add Latendresse.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.