HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Apparent Koivu/Ribeiro fight at practice... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53354)

417 02-18-2004 12:26 PM

Apparent Koivu/Ribeiro fight at practice...

According to a poster on Fanhome, he states he went to the practice this morning and Koivu and Ribeiro were in an altercation, didn't seem to serious as they didn't even drop the gloves, interesting.....

Firthbird 02-18-2004 12:28 PM

I told you... The team is falling apart .... :madfire:

Le depisteur 02-18-2004 12:29 PM

You beat me in quickness...

BigM1ke 02-18-2004 12:32 PM

It was about time those 2 get into a fight. Let's just wish it settled few things between them. This could help the team more than anything imo.

I hate to say this but Koivu seems to really hate Ribeiro so maybe they said to each other what had to be said!!

Darz 02-18-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
According to a poster on Fanhome, he states he went to the practice this morning and Koivu and Ribeiro were in an altercation, didn't seem to serious as they didn't even drop the gloves, interesting.....

Hmmm........maybe Julien needs to bench Ribiero for a game again. Seemed to work well last time.

tchendoh 02-18-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rds.ca
Altercation Koivu-Ribeiro à l'entraînement
Mike Ribeiro et Saku Koivu se sont «battus» mercredi matin à l'entraînement du Canadien.
Les deux joueurs n'ont toutefois pas laissé tomber les gants lors de cette dispute «intense», selon les dires de notre confrère Renaud Lavoie.

Le tout a débuté lorsque le capitaine du Canadien a dardé le numéro 71 dans le ventre avec son bâton.

Quelques minutes plus tard, alors que les deux joueurs se retrouvaient derrière le filet, il y a eu un coup de sifflet, les deux joueurs se sont regardés pendant quelques instants... et Koivu a sauté sur Ribeiro, lui passant les gants et le bâton au visage.

Les autres joueurs sont alors rapidement intervenus pour séparer les deux coéquipiers.

RDS vous présentera des images exclusives lors du bulletin Sports 30 de 18:30.

gunnerdom 02-18-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
It was about time those 2 get into a fight. Let's just wish it settled few things between them. This could help the team more than anything imo.

I hate to say this but Koivu seems to really hate Ribeiro so maybe they said to each other what had to be said!!

Well I have to say that when I see Ribeiro in interviews, he does seem very cocky. Maybe he just on his nerves. I'd bench Ribeiro again. I seems to work.

habfan4 02-18-2004 12:37 PM

Two players mix it up during practice while the team is on a slide - Big deal!(definitely not a first in the NHL)

On the bright side - At least the media will have something to bray about in tomorrows papers.

BigM1ke 02-18-2004 12:40 PM

Je sais pas si vous avez remarqué mais à chaque fois que Ribeiro marque et que les 2 sont sur la glace lors du but, tous les joueurs vont féliciter le butteur mais Koivu est toujours le premier à partir. C'est évident qu'il y a un problème entre les 2 joueurs. Il y a quelques games, juste avant la blessure à Souray, je me rappelle en Powerplay lorsque Koivu a refusé de passer la rondelle à Ribeiro lorsque celui ci était découvert... En place il a fait 6 ou 7 passes aller retour à Souray consécutives. On a apercu Ribeiro après l'attaque massive sur le banc et il semblait en criss!!

C'est des détails comme ca qui démontrent à quel point il y a un problème entre ces joueurs selon moi.

Marc the Habs Fan 02-18-2004 12:43 PM

LOL! Just what the french media needed to further continue the ''Koivu sucks, Ribeiro is god'' movement.

This is quickly gonna be become a circus.

BigM1ke 02-18-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
LOL! Just what the french media needed to further continue the ''Koivu sucks, Ribeiro is god'' movement.

Why would it be "Koivu Sucks and Ribeiro is God" after this fight??

ChemiseBleuHonnete 02-18-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Je sais pas si vous avez remarqué mais à chaque fois que Ribeiro marque et que les 2 sont sur la glace lors du but, tous les joueurs vont féliciter le butteur mais Koivu est toujours le premier à partir. C'est évident qu'il y a un problème entre les 2 joueurs. Il y a quelques games, juste avant la blessure à Souray, je me rappelle en Powerplay lorsque Koivu a refusé de passer la rondelle à Ribeiro lorsque celui ci était découvert... En place il a fait 6 ou 7 passes aller retour à Souray consécutives. On a apercu Ribeiro après l'attaque massive sur le banc et il semblait en criss!!

C'est des détails comme ca qui démontrent à quel point il y a un problème entre ces joueurs selon moi.

Ce qui est bizarre c'est que Koivu récemment passait beaucoup plus à Ribeiro.... Ça semble cyclique comme problème.

Bob Bastards 02-18-2004 12:47 PM

Oh boy...

[sound of Bob putting is anti "Koivu vs. Rib" adamandium protection suit]

It going to get ugly in there... Run for your life...

habfan4 02-18-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

The Canadiens PP is premised on the point shot (and why not with Markov and Souray on the blue line). Perhaps that is why Koivu (who incidentally plays on the point) feeds the point man instead of this notion that he dislikes Ribeiro.

Marc the Habs Fan 02-18-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Maybe I should word it differently..more like ''Koivu started it since he's obviously jealous of Ribeiro and it's time to trade Koivu'' talk.

Quagmier 02-18-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Because the media is gonna put the "Koivu is jealous of Ribeiro" spin on this whole thing.

Ribeiro is gonna be made the "Victim" of a jealous veteran and they'll be calling for Koivu's head, or at least a trade out of Montreal.

Natural Habs Fan 02-18-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
Because the media is gonna put the "Koivu is jealous of Ribeiro" spin on this whole thing.

Ribeiro is gonna be made the "Victim" of a jealous veteran and they'll be calling for Koivu's head, or at least a trade out of Montreal.

If that happened it'd be the worse thing to happen to us since we traded Roy.

tchendoh 02-18-2004 12:55 PM

from RDS...

Quote:

Après l'entraînement, Koivu n'a pas voulu commenter la nouvelle. Ribeiro a tout simplement indiqué qu'il s'agissait d'un entraînement intense et qu'il espérait que cette énergie se transporte jusqu'au match de jeudi contre les Flames.

VAN-HAB 02-18-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier

and I guess Saks will have enough of this French media Love Store with Ribeiro and ask himself to be traded. This sucks! Players do get involved in fights during practices (and it can be a good thing sometimes), but not a classy player like Saks.

Raskolnikov76 02-18-2004 12:59 PM

I can't believe what i am reading.

A captain should be able to lead his team, to unite everyone as one entity.
Koivu just did the opposite.

And people keep blaming Ribeiro and the evil french media and Koivu is a saint that can't do anything wrong.

Quagmier 02-18-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
If that happened it'd be the worse thing to happen to us since we traded Roy.

Without a doubt

tchendoh 02-18-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

It seems it's gonna be the "blame the french media" circus after all...

417 02-18-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Your right the French media is going to eat up Koivu, poor guy, this probably means the end for him, he'll get booooed the newpapers will be all over him, the radio stations, the talk shows will all suceed in running him out of town like all the other talented players we've had, they all tak about don Cherry being racist, but at least he admits he's discriminatory, the French media has been trying to run Koivu into the ground all year cause Ribeiro's had a good 1st half...poor guy!

Quagmier 02-18-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76
I can't believe what i am reading.

A captain should be able to lead his team, to unite everyone as one entity.
Koivu just did the opposite.

And people keep blaming Ribeiro and the evil french media and Koivu is a saint that can't do anything wrong.

Or maybe a captain's job is to light a fire under his teammates a$$es when they go on a losing streak!!! get the blood flowing, GET PEOPLE ANGRY!!!!!!

I don't know the story behind it... but i'll bet it will help this team.

gunnerdom 02-18-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Your right the French media is going to eat up Koivu, poor guy, this probably means the end for him, he'll get booooed the newpapers will be all over him, the radio stations, the talk shows will all suceed in running him out of town like all the other talented players we've had, they all tak about don Cherry being racist, but at least he admits he's discriminatory, the French media has been trying to run Koivu into the ground all year cause Ribeiro's had a good 1st half...poor guy!

This is horrible. But I have a lot of respect for Gainey and he will know what to do.