HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bondra to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53361)

Venom_17 02-18-2004 01:47 PM

Bondra to Ottawa

...for Laich and 2'05.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...37&hubName=nhl

jfont 02-18-2004 01:53 PM

Seems like washington is cleaning house...

witt anyone???

takun 02-18-2004 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17

:o What does this have to do with the Kings?

punchy1 02-18-2004 02:22 PM

I would truly love to nab Witt. Of course, so would most of the league. I were wondering when I read this how long it would take for one of our beloved to post a "we should have got him" thread or a "we need to make a deal with the Caps" one.

takun, it is an interesting bit of news. I am happy that somone posted it here. Maybe it will start a conversation about our own team. Thats all.

kingbrath 02-18-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takun

I think Punchy is right , this will spark trade talks among us Kings fans , so next time if you dont want to read it dont open the thread......Witt would be awsome...but the price will probably be pretty high, and I bet he is being shopped around to numerous teams at that!

Mindcircus 02-18-2004 06:05 PM

How's Laich anyway? I look at this trade and there's no reason why we couldn't have done something similar. Ottawa definately got a steal here. Think we could get Gonchar for cheap? :D

punchy1 02-18-2004 06:17 PM

Thanks mindcircus.

Scottkmlps 02-18-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
How's Laich anyway? I look at this trade and there's no reason why we couldn't have done something similar. Ottawa definately got a steal here. Think we could get Gonchar for cheap? :D

I don't think giving up Grebeshkov, or Gleason for a 37 yr old Bondra would be very wise. Especially with having Allison, Deadmarsh, Palffy, Miller and Straka injured. If they were all healthy, than maybe, because this team would be very close to a Cup, and the addition of Bondra might've put them into the top contender category. But then again, where would he play, cause the top 3 right wing positions would go to Palffy, Straka, and Klatt. Damn, I wish this team was fully healthy. :cry:

Edit: For some reason I was thinking Laich was a d-man.

Mindcircus 02-18-2004 08:49 PM

Would you do a Gleason and a couple of picks for Gonchar? I think i would and i think the Caps would do it as well. Gonchar's plus minus is pitiful but so is the team he's playing on so that's a clean slate in my book if he gets dealt. Did i steal your words Punchy? :D

stanleycaps98 02-18-2004 08:55 PM

Witt is not really on the block. He and Gonchar are the only two bona fide NHL defensemen on the team. Gonchars RFA status makes him expendible, given what the potential returns could be for a rebuilding Caps team.

Gonchar's +/- is a misnomer given the rest of the d-corps. His lifetime +/- is more indicitive of his abilities.

jfont 02-18-2004 09:34 PM

kings COULD go for lang

taylor mentioned he's looking to upgrade defense and up front(i'm surprised about this)...which is interesting cause I think he needs an upgrade on defense first...with washington rebuilding, lang (remember him) is signed for a couple more years at $5...and with allison still a question mark, the kings might be bidding for robert lang...kings have some money from allison's insurance...the bad thing is lange is already 32 y.o. JA is only 28...the price might not be very steep since bondra went for laich and a pick...i would do a cammy and a pick...what do you guys think?

of course, i would find a defenseman first...but those are pretty hard commodities to find and they would be much more expensive...

punchy1 02-19-2004 12:07 PM

Isn't Ally an RFA this offseason? If so it is interesting.

Would we take Lang as our number one? Would we take Zhamnov as our number two? Both (if we were to nab lang) would be solid upgrades. For me it would depend on what Lang cost us. Dosh wise, I doubt we would qualify Allison making it an alright thing.

Brown?/Lang/Ziggy (I don't know who we will have to replace Deader. Does Straka play LW?)
Frolov/Zhamnov/Straka
Luc/Army/Klatt
Hogeboom?/Avery/Lappy?

Leaving us Cammy/Aulin and a host of others to fill with.

I wonder if Wash would take Ebell and Zizka for Lang and a 3rd?

I know probably not but, it does free up salary for them. Give them a youngish center with exp who is talented enough to help and a young defencemen who might develope there with how good thier coach is at developing young talent, it would give them both a shot. Of course, the money is a consideration as well. Lang is a $5mill per and 32 so while he is having a nice season, it will be interesting if his current production last more than one or two more years. We would be giving up Ebell and a youngish defencemen who Andy seems to like who has some offencive skills for a rent a lang and a pick from a team that is pick heavy at the moment.

Maybe a situation where we nab Gonchar or Witt as well could happen. I don't know. I do wonder who will be our number on center next season as I doubt it will be Allison.

Venom_17 02-19-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takun

Recently we've talked about getting Lang, Gonchar, Witt, and/or Carter on this board, if you haven't noticed. It is fairly easy to see the implication that this has on the Kings, no?

Mindcircus 02-19-2004 08:10 PM

Zhamnov just got dealt to the Flyers so we can forget that. I'm not really a big fan of Zhamnov anyway. He's more of a marshmallow then Palffy is and that's saying a lot. The last thing this team needs is another player that frequently visits the OR. Maybe we can make a run at Sullivan in the offseason, he's got some serious game. As for right now why not get Lang or Gonchar from Washington. Lang for some a significant offensive boost and Gonchar to run our power play and make our defense respectable again. We all know our defense is in shambles right now so it's definately something we need NOW.

Norstrom and Visnovsky
Miller and Gonchar
Corvo and Gleason

maybe add in Zizka and Grebs if he ever makes it up. I know, some of you don't like Zizka but i think he's played pretty well since that blow out game.

punchy1 02-19-2004 08:34 PM

For teh rest of *this* season. He is a UFA this offseason and we will have several spots to fill.

agentfouser 02-20-2004 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
As for right now why not get Lang or Gonchar from Washington. Lang for some a significant offensive boost and Gonchar to run our power play and make our defense respectable again. We all know our defense is in shambles right now so it's definately something we need NOW.

i think lang is not needed. assets to be dealt should, in my opinion, go to a defenseman first.

as for gonchar, why not indeed? his pricetag is only through the roof - the guy is the best offensive defenseman in the league at age 29. if you want gonchar on this team, you can start with either frolov or grebeshkov and then build from there.

jfont 02-26-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
Seems like washington is cleaning house...

witt anyone???

well this is interesting...http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...2004Feb25.html

Quote:

Los Angeles made a strong pitch for Witt over the weekend, according to league sources, and had a pro scout watching him again last night. New Jersey is also believed to be interested.