HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   horrid warm up great game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=533769)

PIMking 07-07-2008 08:01 PM

horrid warm up great game

who here has had a horrid warm up but played awesome in the game?

Last night I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, No velocity, and couldnt get it off the ice. Then comes the game 2 goals 3 assists (should of had a hatty but I wasnt bound to hit the goalie when the puck was on his shoulder.)

I just find it odd because last week I had a great warm up and horrid game. Is this normal?

Headcoach 07-07-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIMking (Post 14782597)
who here has had a horrid warm up but played awesome in the game?

Last night I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, No velocity, and couldnt get it off the ice. Then comes the game 2 goals 3 assists (should of had a hatty but I wasnt bound to hit the goalie when the puck was on his shoulder.)

I just find it odd because last week I had a great warm up and horrid game. Is this normal?

Hum...

I guess I will have to think about that, the next time I start benching players because they don't have their head in the game during warm-ups! What woke you up? Did you start good right out of the gate? Or, did you some one push your button to get you going?

Head coach

Bluelineswinships 07-07-2008 08:44 PM

i was always told that warmups were for yu to get all the "off game" out before the game

so iono you cant really judge someones game by their performance

PIMking 07-07-2008 08:49 PM

I have no idea. I have a docs appointment tomarrow to find out if I have hernia so my acceleration isnt there anymore so the defense lets me lag behind and find the open space.

I just didnt know if anyone else is like this.

I always took well when my coaches benched me for taking a dumb Pen (hints my name).

Rickety Cricket 07-07-2008 09:38 PM

I played an Adult League where I couldn't stop a beachball during warm ups. Ended up winning 2-1 and making around 30 saves

JLHockeyKnight 07-07-2008 09:58 PM

I know this is gonna sound funny, but I guess it technically was warmups, although I wouldn't call it horrid.

I had sex with my girlfriend an hour before a game and had an amazing game. I can't remember my stats, but I remember walking away with a feeling like "that was one of my most complete games ever." I thought I'd be exhausted, but the total opposite happened.

TheAnalogKid 07-08-2008 04:41 PM

^^ Interesting post... I wonder what my wife is up after work tonight?

After playing for a couple years on teams, and then taking about 8 years off, my first game this season got me 3 goals, 2 assists. Since then I have been in a scoring drought, but helping the help in other ways.

Usually my warmup skate reflects my game, if I am doing well I will have a good game.

SSM12 07-08-2008 05:50 PM

I just goof around in warmups and make sure my shot is still where I want it to be. Ive never had an "off warmup" have had ****** games though

Jarick 07-09-2008 07:43 AM

Any time I try to warm up really well I end up with a poor game. I just try to get a little blood going, loosen up a bit, and most of all, find my shot.

Tatanik 07-09-2008 07:48 AM

I really cant concentrate in warm ups at all. I just spend my time shooting into the net when I should be stretching, and when I do D drills I suck!

JFA87-66-99 07-09-2008 10:58 AM

Yes that happens to me all the time. i feel awkward and I'll fumble the puck around in warmups but once the game starts I completely dominate. My hockey sense,vision, and passing are my best assets though and you cant really use those in warm ups

JFA87-66-99 07-09-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy (Post 14783987)
I played an Adult League where I couldn't stop a beachball during warm ups. Ended up winning 2-1 and making around 30 saves

Sounds like my roller hockey goalie. He's complete money in games though especially big games.

FiveHole23 07-09-2008 11:46 AM

I have found that the most important thing to a game is have a great first shift.

If I dont touch or hardly touch the puck on the first shift my game will be ****. If touch the puck and control it maybe get off a good pass or shot. Im normally pretty motivated for the rest of the game. I normally try to go balls out on the first shift, if nothing else it puts the other team on their heals.

TheAnalogKid 07-09-2008 04:47 PM

Mediocre warmup last night.

Then 1g, 1a in the game (and we won too!)