HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KOiVU is Not GOD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53427)

Habsfool 02-18-2004 03:47 PM

KOiVU is Not GOD

I'm bored of comment like
"don't trade Koivu he is the Heart of the Club
"Koivu is one opf the best Center of the ligue
and most recently
"If koivu is traded i swear i'll become a Sens fans

First of all Koivu play for the money like the 3/4 of the team
And you have to know that no player is Untouchable

Yes Koivu Still our #1 center
why he is better in the defensive zone and more grity than mike Ribeiro and i had consitensy

I don't care of making the playoof this Year what i wanna see it's a good Team in a Near Future able to win the ****ing Stanley Cups

One of the most silent user of Hfbords
Habsfool

Mooch 02-18-2004 03:49 PM

Agreed, but netheir is anybody else!

Nielson81 02-18-2004 04:12 PM

closest thing the Habs have.

G Man 77 02-18-2004 04:12 PM

The Koivu worship is about to end, and it's about time.

He's gone... if not by the deadline, this summer.

P.S. He's not better than Ribs in the defensive zone, they're both ineffective in that respect. Btw Ribeiro is 2nd on the team with a +8, Koivu is -2.

Koivu has more grit, speed, and a better shot... that's about it.

gohabsgo2010 02-18-2004 04:13 PM

Well, if hockey really is religion in Montreal than I think Saku just might be god. :D

Tuggy 02-18-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G Man 77

And your point is? :joker:

I would rather have Koivu over Ribeiro any day!

montreal 02-18-2004 04:14 PM

Quote:

P.S. He's not better than Ribs in the defensive zone, they're both ineffective in that respect. Btw Ribeiro is 2nd on the team with a +8, Koivu is -2.

Koivu is god

Habeas Corpus 02-18-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

you can't compare +\- when talking about the defensive prowess of a player. When was the last time Ribiero played on the PK? The PK will do wonders for your +\-. You are right about Koivu having more speed, grit and a better shot. As well as bieng head and shoulders better defensively, better checker, and a hell of a lot more intestinal fortitude.

Nielson81 02-18-2004 04:25 PM

And we should add, Ribiero is over-achieving this year. The bottom line is that he is a soft floater who took advantage of the NHL underestimating his hands this season. Unfortunetly for him the league has caught and now that the leagues has realized he has pretty good hands, they are shutting him down, and what does he do when someone starts watching him...dissappears.

You can't even compare Koivu and Ribiero, Koivu is by far the better player, and if the Habs for some stupid reason trade him, serves them right, because then they didn't derserve to have a player like Koivu in the first place.

Unbiased Canadian

CoupeStanley 02-18-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habeas Corpus
you can't compare +\- when talking about the defensive prowess of a player. When was the last time Ribiero played on the PK? The PK will do wonders for your +\-. You are right about Koivu having more speed, grit and a better shot. As well as bieng head and shoulders better defensively, better checker, and a hell of a lot more intestinal fortitude.

What are you talking about ? Goal on special team doesn't count on +/- ratings.

not quite yoda 02-18-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

christ. koivu biggest weakness is his shot. koivu isnt going anywhere, neither is ribeiro.

Jean_Jacket41 02-18-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Koivu is god

Thats the problem...

Habeas Corpus 02-18-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
What are you talking about ? Goal on special team doesn't count on +/- ratings.

My bad, anyway +\- is still not a good indicator.

Inertiatic 02-18-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Koivu is god

Damn right he is. I'm tired of these tree-hugging Ribeiro lovers. 3/4 of a good season doesn't make a player folks. He's a total flake when he's not produing on the PP. If you can't see that you're blind.

You're all just RDS propaganda ******

G Man 77 02-18-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
christ. koivu biggest weakness is his shot. koivu isnt going anywhere, neither is ribeiro.

Have you seen Ribeiro's shot?.. hehe
Koivu's isn't great, but Ribeiro's is worse.

Koivu is gone... but to unload him now might be too difficult, if not now then this summer.

And as good a player as he is, I can't wait to see him gone. The only year this team looked remotely together was the year he was out... can't wait for the Koivu era to end.
Can't wait.

Inertiatic 02-18-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
And we should add, Ribiero is over-achieving this year. The bottom line is that he is a soft floater who took advantage of the NHL underestimating his hands this season. Unfortunetly for him the league has caught and now that the leagues has realized he has pretty good hands, they are shutting him down, and what does he do when someone starts watching him...dissappears.

You can't even compare Koivu and Ribiero, Koivu is by far the better player, and if the Habs for some stupid reason trade him, serves them right, because then they didn't derserve to have a player like Koivu in the first place.

Unbiased Canadian

My sentiments exactly. Great post!

VAN-HAB 02-18-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Have you seen Ribeiro's shot?.. hehe
Koivu's isn't great, but Ribeiro's is worse.

Koivu is gone... but to unload him now might be too difficult, if not now then this summer.

And as good a player as he is, I can't wait to see him gone. The only year this team looked remotely together was the year he was out... can't wait for the Koivu era to end.
Can't wait.

Read the RDS.ca talkback that will kill some time! :lol:

Rahan 02-18-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Can't wait.

How mean can some people be, honestly. Koivu didn't do anything to deserve gossip. You have such a twisted mind, but that's just me...

Vicious 02-18-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
closest thing the Habs have.

Ditto.

BBR 02-18-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habeas Corpus

Ribs as a better shot and better passer.

MrPicard 02-18-2004 05:22 PM

Saku Corriveau Koivu sucks... he is not a captain, he has no potential, he is selfish... that's it... face the facts!!!!!! :yo:

Habsolument 02-18-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPicard
Saku Corriveau Koivu sucks... he is not a captain, he has no potential, he is selfish... that's it... face the facts!!!!!! :yo:

Don't ever listen to people with Yvon Pedneault as their avatar :joker:
BTW welcome to my Ignore List

MrPicard 02-18-2004 05:30 PM

Pedneault absolument Rulez!!!

Team_Spirit 02-18-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument
Don't ever listen to people with Yvon Pedneault as their avatar :joker:
BTW welcome to my Ignore List

glad someone else use it . the guy who started the thread is also a new addition on the IL . ''KOiVU is Not GOD'' ( wtf ?!? ) .

MrPicard 02-18-2004 05:34 PM

it is not because you have written 4000 posts that you know hockey more than Pedneault himself!!! :yo: :handclap: :lol: