HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Next to go Gonchar (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53488)

Habs4Life 02-18-2004 07:15 PM

Next to go Gonchar

The next Washington Capital that will leave will be Sergei Gonchar....

I really think Montreal should grab him, they should be able to get him for dirt cheap like Ottawa got Bondra and how the Rangers got Kovalev..

I know we should worry about our future, but why not trade a little piece of it for a "Superstar" defenceman like Gonhar?
I really feel a player like this could make a heck of a difference...

I say go for Gonchar and screw the rest of the poster's that feel we should not make any moves at all..
It's time to trade up for another star player, and at the moment the only star player we have is Koivu.(Riberio is not a star player and is very weak defensively and always will be, he is a Perrault type player)

I say trade Marcel Hossa and a 2nd round pick for Gonchar!!!!!!!!!

Go habs!

Tuggy 02-18-2004 07:18 PM

Negative on this one...I think he is due for abitration soon and they are saying he would probably end up with 6-7 million...we can't afford him.

Mooch 02-18-2004 07:18 PM

Man whats wrong with you guys that wana trade hossa. He still has a lot of potential and is just recently starting to perform again.

So my answer is: NO, forget gonchar hes not a part of the future just like Bondra would not have been.

Gainey will spare picks, but not top prospects, just watch and see come deadline.

Team_Spirit 02-18-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
Negative on this one...I think he is due for abitration soon and they are saying he would probably end up with 6-7 million...we can't afford him.

I'm not sure about that .. look : He won't get arbitation this summer because the new CBA has to be signed before . Joe Juneau , Perrault , Quintal and Dackell free up some interesting money (6-8M).

Some player might ask a raise but i'm not sure who we be have to be signed this summer . Souray , Ribeiro , Ryder and Bulis i think so we might have some extra money if we can add the 4M of Audette .

Agalloch 02-18-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

Some player might ask a raise but i'm not sure who we be have to be signed this summer . Souray , Ribeiro , Ryder and Bulis i think so we might have some extra money if we can add the 4M of Audette .

There you go :p

(Number after name=how many years left on contract, + = additional option year)

MONTREAL
Signed: Jose Theodore1; Olivier Michaud2; Patrice Brisebois1+; Craig Rivet3; Karl Dykhuis1; Mike Komisarek1; Ron Hainsey1; Francois Bouillon1; Francois Beauchemin1; Jan Bulis1; Jason Ward1; Chad Kilger1; Jonathan Ferland2; Alexander Perezhogin2; Christopher Higgins2; Andrei Markov1; Matt Shasby1; Saku Koivu1;
RFA: Steve Begin; Sylvain Blouin; Pierre Dagenais+; J-F Damphousse+; Gordie Dwyer+; Eric Fichaud; Mathieu Garon+; Marcel Hossa; Marttie Jarventie; Mike Ribeiro; Michael Ryder; Sheldon Souray; Niklas Sundstrom; Patrick Traverse; Richard Zednik.
UFA: Andreas Dackell; Joe Juneau; Darren Langdon; Yanick Perreault; Stephane Quintal

Patrick Traverse will not be qualified and I don't think they will keep J-F Damphousse, Gordie Dwyer and Sylvain Blouin.

Sam I Am 02-19-2004 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Man whats wrong with you guys that wana trade hossa. He still has a lot of potential and is just recently starting to perform again.

So my answer is: NO, forget gonchar hes not a part of the future just like Bondra would not have been.

Gainey will spare picks, but not top prospects, just watch and see come deadline.

First of all, if I'm not mistaken Gonchar is a least 6 or 7 years younger than Bondra. He has plenty of years left and can be part of our future.

Secondly, any GM that wouldn't part with Marcel Hossa to acquire Gonchar, a star player in his prime, deserves to be fired on the spot. Hossa is no longer a "top prospect" (if he ever was!). He has proven exactly nothing in the AHL let alone the NHL. Moreover, Gonchar is good and young enough to merit a true top prospect...and more.

Gonchar for Hossa and a second...get serious. It's a steal.

Sam I Am 02-19-2004 07:44 AM

After further thought, a more realistic offer would be:

To Washington

Markov or Hainsey, and Hossa, and a 2nd-rounder

To Montreal

Sergei Gonchar

Personally, I'd prefer to give Hainsey rather than Markov but you have to expect that the Caps would like to see at least one NHL player in return for a perennial all-star d-man.