HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Theodore (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53490)

Team_Spirit 02-18-2004 08:23 PM

Theodore

Theo impress me lately , not because of his performence but because of what he says and the leadership he's trying to get . Here a part from the Ribs/Koivu article on TSN wich the last part talk about our next game .

Quote:

On the other end of the ice, all-star Jose Theodore has not been his usual stellar self over the course of the streak, allowing four goals in each of his last three starts and losing eight of his last 10.``I've got to find a way to play better and make the big saves, it starts with me in net,'' Theodore said after spending an extra 20 minutes on the ice after practice with goalie coach Roland Melanson. ``I have to find a way to make a difference, which I'm not doing right now.

``I take a large part of the blame, but I'm not panicking.''

Julien concedes that Theodore, who has appeared in 50 of the Canadiens' 60 games this season, has been overworked to a certain extent. That's why backup Mathieu Garon will be in nets Thursday.

``He's going to be there for us, believe me, he will,'' .Julien said of Theodore. ``But I think we have to do the smart thing, and what's important right now is for our team to win hockey games and to give Jose an opportunity for us to win some games down the road.
I think he'll be back on track as soon the team , and especally the d-corp will get it going without Souray . Bouillon & Quintal aren't playing their best hockey of the season while Komisarek is just a rookie and Rivet don't do much impact out there , they have to find a way to be effective and i think Brisebois will have to use his leadership and experience here .

Bud The Spud* 02-18-2004 08:30 PM

Theo always impresses me. :handclap: He always admits when he plays bad and never makes excuses. As I always say, Theo is the man! :bow:

Team_Spirit 02-18-2004 10:01 PM

And he seem to have a good relationship with Garon , he's not a headcase . I remember when Hackett was there and he was the #1 but Theo was red hot Hack said to Theo : ''Hey my carrer is on the line , i need to play and be the no1 , your are young you have the time..'' Theo said : ""Jeff i also want to play and play a lot'''' :)

Bud The Spud* 02-18-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
And he seem to have a good relationship with Garon , he's not a headcase . I remember when Hackett was there and he was the #1 but Theo was red hot Hack said to Theo : ''Hey my carrer is on the line , i need to play and be the no1 , your are young you have the time..'' Theo said : ""Jeff i also want to play and play a lot'''' :)

I wasn't aware that Hackett said that. I always thought he was very supportive of Theo and helped him through his struggling times.

Team_Spirit 02-18-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
I wasn't aware that Hackett said that. I always thought he was very supportive of Theo and helped him through his struggling times.

i forgot were i've read that but could someone comfirm this please ?

Rahan 02-18-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

i forgot were i've read that but could someone comfirm this please ?

You heard it from Houle and Pedneault on RDS as I did.. nowhere was it written, though.

Team_Spirit 02-18-2004 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahan
You heard it from Houle and Pedneault on RDS as I did.. nowhere was it written, though.

yeah i think your'e right it was on t.v

ChemiseBleuHonnete 02-18-2004 11:53 PM

Don't forget that Hackett was in his best years and had a wonderful stretch when he said that. Theodore still hadn't done all his homeworks and was far from being ready.

jacklours 02-19-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

yeah i think your'e right it was on t.v

I read it too since I don't get RDS over here, and I tryly remember reading it

Habber 02-19-2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

Theo impress me lately , not because of his performence but because of what he says and the leadership he's trying to get . Here a part from the Ribs/Koivu article on TSN wich the last part talk about our next game .

I thought the exact same thing when I read that story, Theo's 1st class all the way!

I remember a while back there some posters on Theo’s case because he called out the team after a bad performance and Theo was the only reason it was a close game. I think he was totally justified to do it, especially when he is willing to take the blame for his lousy performances.

Btw, I don’t think he should have to take a large part of the blame. Sure he hasn’t been great but neither has the rest of the team. It’s a case where Theo gets the blame because he’s not stealing games. He’s still been playing as good as the average tender in the league, we’re just spoiled because we see him at his best night in and night out.

Darz 02-19-2004 09:25 AM

Nice to see Theo taking up a leadership role, especially during the tough times.

I think for the remainder of the season Theo is going to be the LEAST of our worries.