HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What would you be willing to give up for Alexander Radulov? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=535123)

Artyukhin* 07-11-2008 10:22 AM

What would you be willing to give up for Alexander Radulov?

Obviously he doesn't like the Nashville scene.

What would you be willing to offer up for him ?

Sam I Am 07-11-2008 10:32 AM

Don't know what Nashville needs. Let's start with Higgins. Might have to add O'Byrne and a 3rd rounder.

Then sign Sundin and you have:

Tanguay Sundin Radulov
AK Plekanec Kovalev
Lats Koivu SK
The fourth line...

Fire away.

Stiffler 07-11-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 14834822)

He is a great player, but we first need to know why he left. If he doesn't like country music, fine, we'll help, if he wants to be home, no use to get him.

How about Perezhogin for Radulov?

Fozz 07-11-2008 10:33 AM

I'd be willing to give up one of my two weeks of vacation time coming up.

Stiffler 07-11-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam I Am (Post 14834934)
Don't know what Nashville needs. Let's start with Higgins. Might have to add O'Byrne and a 3rd rounder.

Radulov is no worth half that yet... He has great potential, but in real life, potential is just that, potential. Look what the Hurricanes got for Jack Johnson, who really wanted to play in the NHL!

Sam I Am 07-11-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiffler (Post 14834964)
Radulov is no worth half that yet... He has great potential, but in real life, potential is just that, potential. Look what the Hurricanes got for Jack Johnson, who really wanted to play in the NHL!

26 goals as a 21-year old in his first full season. Woudn't be surprised if he ends up scoring 40 on a regular basis.

I love Higgins but Radulov is a true sniper--you just can't teach that.

LilWinger11 07-11-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiffler (Post 14834941)
He is a great player, but we first need to know why he left. If he doesn't like country music, fine, we'll help, if he wants to be home, no use to get him.

How about Perezhogin for Radulov?

This is key. It's hard to know if maybe he'd be happier and more comfortable in a traditional hockey market, or on a team with other young Russian players (does Nashville have anyone else from Russia? I can't remember), or if he really just wanted to go back to Russia.

Monctonscout 07-11-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 14834822)

Not too much, he's very talented, but a bit of a selfish clown.

Stiffler 07-11-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam I Am (Post 14835052)
26 goals as a 21-year old in his first full season. Woudn't be surprised if he ends up scoring 40 on a regular basis.

I love Higgins but Radulov is a true sniper--you just can't teach that.

True, but the bold part is the key, it's still potential. Pair that with that decision he just made to go back home and you have lower market value. You don't trade Higgins for a selfish player like this. Radulov is not worth that much at the moment.

Whitesnake 07-11-2008 10:54 AM

Nothing. A guy that voluntarily thinks first of going in Russia instead of wanting to be traded will eventually go doesn't matter what you'll throw at him. I would not get him as a rental. Evidently, if he shows me that Montreal is another ball game and he would sign a 6-year contract with us and definately stay...well that would be a different story.

Doesn't seem though that the NHL is in his plans....

loudi94 07-11-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 14835187)

Doesn't seem though that the NHL is in his plans....

Then why did he waste time coming here to play junior hockey?

Le Slow Poke* 07-11-2008 12:17 PM

Well, he's proved more in the NHL than Emilen(sp) so why not gamble? We have tons of D prospects and not too many high end forward ones.

I'd do it... Emilin's rights for his 1-1. We could then have Kovelav, Markov, and the Kosty brothers make a video of them making homemade pierogies while drinking vodka and send it to him... there would also have to be a few "healthy" woman in the video making polish sausage from scratch.

It would work IMO

WeThreeKings 07-11-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Slow Poke (Post 14836288)
Well, he's proved more in the NHL than Emilen(sp) so why not gamble? We have tons of D prospects and not too many high end forward ones.

I'd do it... Emilin's rights for his 1-1. We could then have Kovelav, Markov, and the Kosty brothers make a video of them making homemade pierogies while drinking vodka and send it to him... there would also have to be a few "healthy" woman in the video making polish sausage from scratch.

It would work IMO

I honestly have no idea how you haven't made it onto my ignore list.

Bad Natey 07-11-2008 12:19 PM

Perezhogin or Emelin.

Perezhogin because his penalties made me so mad when he was here. But, being one of the top scorers in the RSL last year.. He might be interesting if the Preds think they can get him back over.

Emelin because we are stacked with depth at defense. However, I'd look to inquire about why he left before I traded Emelin.

Analyzer 07-11-2008 12:27 PM

Korneev and something else? Why not Korneev and perezhogin:D

One Russian who left and a Russian who won't come over for a more skilled Russian who left. Fair, no?

Emelin could come over at the end of this upcoming year, so I don't want to trade him yet.

Le Slow Poke* 07-11-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 14836318)

You kidding me? That video would work! I'm Ukrainian and know! I would add to the the video... every once in a while pan to the ladies making the sausage and have them say "OOOO, that's too big for my oven" while trying to keep a 15 inch polish sausage together. :nod:

waffledave 07-11-2008 12:31 PM

I think he might be interested in coming here. He loved it in Quebec before. He was a big star here.

Galchenyuk x 27 07-11-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 14836318)

he made his way onto mine 2 days ago. save yourself some headaches and do the same.

Whitesnake 07-11-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudi94 (Post 14835928)

'Cause he wanted to try and now doesn't seem to like it 'cause why isn't he just asking for a trade instead of going back???

How's the NHL in his plans NOW if he wants to leave?

centrehice 07-11-2008 12:43 PM

ya, no point giving up too much on a guy who's set on going to russia.

Perez and a pick maybe. But you'd need to talk to him and see if he not happy in nashville or not happy in the NHL

x-bob 07-11-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudi94 (Post 14835928)

Because at the time there was nothing better then the NHL. Now that a couple of years have passed and the new Russian league as opened its doors, he realises that he can make the same amount of money (actually more) and play in a real competitive league in his own backyard.

Strynki 07-11-2008 01:09 PM

Abcd

Blades 0f Steel 07-11-2008 01:09 PM

How about nothing?

We have enough players to develop as it is, thanks. No need for another Russian player's rights that are up in the air. Already have 3...

frederixx 07-11-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiffler (Post 14834941)

what he said

chairmanmeow 07-11-2008 05:41 PM

you realize he signed in russia, he's gone