HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What would it cost to get Radulov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=535529)

ebn 07-12-2008 12:53 PM

What would it cost to get Radulov

He doesn't want to play in Nashville maybe he will in New York. If he is forced to play a year maybe Rangers can work out something long term with him next year. He is like Zherdev and a right wing.

NYR Viper 07-12-2008 12:59 PM

might be worth a shot......as long as he comes very cheap...although with this comes an even larger risk as if radulov leaves, he might try to convince zherdev to go with him and the rangers could be out two key players

Seth Lake 07-12-2008 01:02 PM

It is not because Radulov didn't want to play in Nashville that he signed in Russia, it is because he didn't want to play under the terms of the final year of his entry level contract. Radulov chose the big payday and the security that came with it, he did not do it to spite Nashville, rather he did it when Nashville told him that they would not renegotiate his contract until after the season (ie: they weren't going to throw big numbers at him for potential - he has not reached his full potential yet).

If he is forced to play in the NHL this season...he will be traded. He will never suit up for Nashville again. That is the only guarantee here.

Esa 10 07-12-2008 01:05 PM

Rozsival, Drury, etc. One of the big contracts has to go if you want a chance at resigning Zherdev, Radulov, and Dubinsky after this year.

Trxjw 07-12-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esa 10 (Post 14849322)
Rozsival, Drury, etc. One of the big contracts has to go if you want a chance at resigning Zherdev, Radulov, and Dubinsky after this year.

Bingo. Odd man our would be Rozy because I don't think he would up with a NMC/NTC.

Really comes down to what Nashville would take in return and how much you'd be willing to give up to get one season out of him. I don't see Zherdev and Radulov taking a combined deal (ala Selanne and Kariya) to stay in NY if Radulov wound up here as well.

ebn 07-12-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esa 10 (Post 14849322)

Well this year he might not get the money but next year the salary cap will go up again. These are not Malkin and Crosby or Redden and Roszival. They will all sign decent contracts. Plus people have to go the other way in a trade which free up salary too. Like trade Prucha or Prucha won't be here next year. Maybe Mara won't be resigned either with Sigueinetti on the way and Sauer. Radulov is only 22 had 26 goals we need players like that. Naslund is gone after two years. Maybe we can pay Radulov less at the beginning of the contract and more in one or two years. Or sign him for two years and then give him more on his performance. By then he should be really good Naslund will be gone and he can get his money.

I don't think Radulov went to Russia because of Nashville he will like it a lot in NY.
Lifestyle and everything. Zherdev the same.

The problem I see is who will Nashville want in Return.

NYR Viper 07-12-2008 01:19 PM

i would love to have radulov...however i would move rozsival becuse i think he has the most value.......although it wouldnt be rozsival for radulov as he wouldnt have that much value....so the rangers could potntially et radulov cheap and seel rozsival high and get a first and a nice prospect...

ebn 07-12-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14849436)
i would love to have radulov...however i would move rozsival becuse i think he has the most value.......although it wouldnt be rozsival for radulov as he wouldnt have that much value....so the rangers could potntially et radulov cheap and seel rozsival high and get a first and a nice prospect...

Rangers won't move Roszival he logs too many minutes and that's what they got him for. You also need defense. Maybe you offer guys like Korpikoski Callahan Sjostrom Fritsche Hollweg. I would offer Korpikoski and Callahan for Radulov. Keep Cherepanov and Siguinetti. We have the players to replace Callahan and Korpikoski. MAybe throw a pick in too.

Trxjw 07-12-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebn (Post 14849427)
Well this year he might not get the money but next year the salary cap will go up again. These are not Malkin and Crosby or Redden and Roszival. They will all sign decent contracts. Plus people have to go the other way in a trade which free up salary too. Like trade Prucha or Prucha won't be here next year. Maybe Mara won't be resigned either with Sigueinetti on the way and Sauer. Radulov is only 22 had 26 goals we need players like that. Naslund is gone after two years. Maybe we can pay Radulov less at the beginning of the contract and more in one or two years. Or sign him for two years and then give him more on his performance. By then he should be really good Naslund will be gone and he can get his money.

I don't think Radulov went to Russia because of Nashville he will like it a lot in NY.
Lifestyle and everything. Zherdev the same.

The problem I see is who will Nashville want in Return.

Radulov is a pretty clear cut example of a player who wants a big contract early in his career. I don't think he wants out of Nashville per se, but I think he's chasing the big check. The cap isn't going to go up enough to allow a 2.5 mil increase Z if he does well, a bump for Dubi AND a big contract for Radulov as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14849436)

That's not going to work, and frankly it doesn't need to go down that way either. Nashville is pretty set at D, they're going to want forwards and picks back more than likely. You could get Radulov under the cap this season while retaining Rozy for the year and then move him at the deadline or over the summer.

However, I don't think Slats is a sign and trade guy.

NYR Viper 07-12-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebn (Post 14849470)
Rangers won't move Roszival he logs too many minutes and that's what they got him for. You also need defense. Maybe you offer guys like Korpikoski Callahan Sjostrom Fritsche Hollweg. I would offer Korpikoski and Callahan for Radulov. Keep Cherepanov and Siguinetti. We have the players to replace Callahan and Korpikoski. MAybe throw a pick in too.

no, you misunderstood me.....

what i mean is trade korpikoski+3rd 09 for radulov and then next season when the rangers need to resign him, zherdev and dubinsky they will need cap room.....they could move rozsival for a 1st rounder and a solid prospect

NYR Viper 07-12-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14849472)
Radulov is a pretty clear cut example of a player who wants a big contract early in his career. I don't think he wants out of Nashville per se, but I think he's chasing the big check. The cap isn't going to go up enough to allow a 2.5 mil increase Z if he does well, a bump for Dubi AND a big contract for Radulov as well.

That's not going to work, and frankly it doesn't need to go down that way either. Nashville is pretty set at D, they're going to want forwards and picks back more than likely. You could get Radulov under the cap this season while retaining Rozy for the year and then move him at the deadline or over the summer.

However, I don't think Slats is a sign and trade guy.

thats what i was sayiong....if slats has trouble signing them all he could trade rozsival, or trade one of them or make room as he sees fit, but either way the rangers would be stockpiling talent which would only be a good thing....especially if cheraponov came over as that would be an amazing top 9........

radulov-gomez-zherdev
drury-dubinsky-cheraponov
korpikoski-anisimov-dawes
voros-fritsche-byers/orr

WOW:amazed:

i know it isnt very possible, but that lineup is amazingly talented even on the 4th line

ebn 07-12-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14849480)

what i mean is trade korpikoski+3rd 09 for radulov and then next season when the rangers need to resign him, zherdev and dubinsky they will need cap room.....they could move rozsival for a 1st rounder and a solid prospect

There is no need to move Roszival everybody will fit. Prucha won't be here that's 1.6 million. Trade Korpikoski thats another million. Don't resign Mara. 1.95 million. Cap goes up. That's another five to six million if not more.

Also Radulov is Russian I am Russian also. I always thought (it's not a fact) that Russian players like to play in NY. Maybe because of the Russian community or the lifestyle of NY. I think Zherdev and Radulov would love to play in NY. Kovalev did and so did Zubov.

NYR Viper 07-12-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebn (Post 14849550)
There is no need to move Roszival everybody will fit. Prucha won't be here that's 1.6 million. Trade Korpikoski thats another million. Don't resign Mara. 1.95 million. Cap goes up. That's another five to six million if not more.

Also Radulov is Russian I am Russian also. I always thought (it's not a fact) that Russian players like to play in NY. Maybe because of the Russian community or the lifestyle of NY. I think Zherdev and Radulov would love to play in NY. Kovalev did and so did Zubov.

see, zherdev will want a raise(2-3 million)....radulov will want a raise(2-3 million) and dubinsky will want a raise(2-3 million).....plus replacing all of those players who you want to drop like mara, kalinin, korpikoski, prucha etc.....

Trxjw 07-12-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14849480)

I'd rather hang onto Korpedo. He has a lot of two-way potential and I see him being a staple on the 3rd line and the PK for a lot of years on this team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14849502)
thats what i was sayiong....if slats has trouble signing them all he could trade rozsival, or trade one of them or make room as he sees fit, but either way the rangers would be stockpiling talent which would only be a good thing....especially if cheraponov came over as that would be an amazing top 9........

radulov-gomez-zherdev
drury-dubinsky-cheraponov
korpikoski-anisimov-dawes
voros-fritsche-byers/orr

WOW:amazed:

i know it isnt very possible, but that lineup is amazingly talented even on the 4th line

Sorry, I read through your post a little quickly.

I'm not even sure clearing Rozy's salary would give us enough space to resign Dubi, Radulov and Zherdev.

azrok22 07-12-2008 01:45 PM

Already said it in the Non-Rangers rumors thread, but Radulov is a perfect fit for the 2008-2009 team. Low cap hit, friendly with Zherdev, unquestionable top 6, perhaps first line winger.

Honestly, I don't even fully blame him for wanting to go to Russia and get paid. He's on an ELC without bonuses, meaning he's a $886,000 cap hit. He's making only $984,000. Yes he signed the contract, but he's being vastly underpaid. The CBA is at fault for the potential poaching.

Assuming we just gave up picks, ideally conditional on him staying in the NHL, you're looking at a lineup of:

Radulov-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Naslund
Callahan-Dubinsky-Fritsche
Voros-Betts-Orr

Redden-Rozsival
Staal-Girardi
Mara-Kalinin

Lundqvist
Valiquette

I take that matchup against any team in the NHL, save maybe Detroit.

squishy 07-12-2008 01:58 PM

Are you guys seriously discussing giving significant assets to another team for a player who has made it clear he wants to play in Russia, has already signed a contract there, is unlikely to be forced to come back to the NHL this season, would likely be disgruntled if he is, has already proven that he's willing to break a contract, and will want far more than we will be able to pay him (and Zherdev and Dubi, and Cally) at the end of next season?

Seriously, Korpikoski and a 3rd round pick for 1 year of Radulov, if you're lucky? :help:

Lundqvist=Vezina 07-12-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 14849741)
Are you guys seriously discussing giving significant assets to another team for a player who has made it clear he wants to play in Russia, has already signed a contract there, is unlikely to be forced to come back to the NHL this season, would likely be disgruntled if he is, has already proven that he's willing to break a contract, and will want far more than we will be able to pay him (and Zherdev and Dubi, and Cally) at the end of next season?

Seriously, Korpikoski and a 3rd round pick for 1 year of Radulov, if you're lucky? :help:

I agree. I don't see why a guy going back to Russia screams trade for him!

azrok22 07-12-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

I give significant *conditional* assets without a seconds glance, contingent on the fact he is forced to return first. Take it at face value, and you're looking at an extended deadline rental type deal. We've got a glut of lower-end talent, so here's an opportunity to upgrade it, albeit for a single season. Prucha, Moore, and a second for 1 year of Radulov? I think I make that trade. If he is willing to stay after the year, I'd even turn that into a first rounder (preferably 2010, or with an option depending on where we pick).

Trxjw 07-12-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina (Post 14849776)
I agree. I don't see why a guy going back to Russia screams trade for him!

I definitely agree with both of you, but if he could be had for a guy like Prucha, who is expendable to begin with, you have to consider it if you're guaranteed a year from him. People are saying we need another legitimate top-six forward, but we have no cap room. Radulov gives us that at a cap hit of less than 900k.

If we're going to move Prucha and can't take on a significant contract in return, then why not do it? Worst case you get a year out of him and he walks next season when we can't afford to resign him anyway.

SML 07-13-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Well said, Squishy. We don't need "diva" players on this team. It's only trouble down the road. We should worry about our own problems, like getting Cherepanov over here and getting Zherdev to stay here, rather than a guy who's willing to break his contract and walk out on his teammates to chase the almighty dollar.

NYR Viper 07-13-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 14856489)
Well said, Squishy. We don't need "diva" players on this team. It's only trouble down the road. We should worry about our own problems, like getting Cherepanov over here and getting Zherdev to stay here, rather than a guy who's willing to break his contract and walk out on his teammates to chase the almighty dollar.

sounds a lot like jagr, gomez, drury, campbell, and any other UFA who was offerred a contract from his old team

SML 07-13-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14856525)
sounds a lot like jagr, gomez, drury, campbell, and any other UFA who was offerred a contract from his old team

The only similarity there is that they are all hockey players. You're talking about 4 guys who fulfilled all their contractual obligations and were free to explore their options as free agents, and I'm talking about a kid who has a deal in place and has refused to comply with terms he seemed to be perfectly fine with when he signed the contract. He walked away from his team, who had no time to prepare for his eventual departure or replace him because they figured he had to be there and would honor that contract. A guy like Gomez leaving you could at least see on the horizon because he did his time and you knew he probably wasn't staying. This, to me, is completely different. AFAIC, you sign the deal, you complete the obligations therein. Anybody who doesn't feel at least that sense of honor or obligation is not anyone I would want to be associated with.

NYR Viper 07-13-2008 11:42 AM

all you said was aplayer who was following the money.....most UFA's do so...

Inferno 07-13-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

this basically is my whole thought on it....

SupersonicMonkey* 07-13-2008 02:52 PM

As a player, who wouldn't want Radulov. This whole thing with him would be a cause for concern, though.