HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers Prospect Poll #15 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=535566)

FLYLine24 07-12-2008 03:20 PM

Rangers Prospect Poll #15
 
New York Rangers Prospect List



#1 -- Alexei Cherepanov (F) - Playing for Omsk Avangard (RSL) - Selected 17th Overall in the 2007 Draft
#2 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Played for the Brampton Battalion (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#3 -- Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.
#4 -- Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#5 -- Michael Del Zotto (D) - Playing for the Oshawa Generals (OHL) - Selected 20th overall in the 2008 Draft.
#6 -- Evgeny Grachev (F) - Played for the Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (RSL) - Selected in the 3rd Round in the 2008 Draft.
#7 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#8 -- Derek Stepan (F) - Playing for the Wisconsin Badgers (NCAA) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2008 Draft.
#9 -- Dane Byers (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#10 - Ryan Hillier (F) - Played for the Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2006 Draft.
#11 - Corey Potter (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2003 Draft.
#12 - Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Flames.
#13 - Carl Hagelin (F) - Playing for The Michigan Wolverines (NCAA) - Drafted in the 6th round in the 2007 Draft
#14 - Brodie Dupont (F) -Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2005 Draft
http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/imag...s_dupont01.jpg


--Parenteau was removed from the nominations, he is no longer considered a prospect--


Tell me who you want added
Added: Tomas Kundratek (D)
Nominations: Kveton(9), Soryal (7), Skokan (4), Campbell (2), Lafleur (1)

Beacon 07-12-2008 03:26 PM

Wow, everyone's boy Baranka is now barely a prospect, I see.

Last year I heard people talk about him like he's the next Scott Stevens. Him and Sauer. Untradeable both. I guess they are still untradeable but for a very different reason...

Lundqvist=Vezina 07-12-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 (Post 14850493)
Wow, everyone's boy Baranka is now barely a prospect, I see.

Last year I heard people talk about him like he's the next Scott Stevens. Him and Sauer. Untradeable both. I guess they are still untradeable but for a very different reason...

The fact the he went to Russia isn't really helping him.

I Eat Crow 07-12-2008 03:30 PM

Wiikman...add LaFleur

NYR Viper 07-12-2008 03:32 PM

zaborsky add soryal

jas 07-12-2008 03:49 PM

Wiikman. Add Max Campbell.

squishy 07-12-2008 04:04 PM

Wiika Milkman!

gaglinefan 07-12-2008 04:15 PM

Wiikman add Kondratek errr Kveton

jas 07-12-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaglinefan (Post 14850862)
Wiikman add Kondratek

He's already there.

ECL 07-12-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 14850657)
Wiikman. Add Max Campbell.

Pyatt. Add Max Campbell.

jas 07-12-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 14851026)
Pyatt. Add Max Campbell.

Pyatt needs to show me more at the AHL level right now. Wiikman is ia ahead of Pyatt, (IMO), because he had success at the AHL level.

ECL 07-12-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 14851283)
Pyatt needs to show me more at the AHL level right now. Wiikman is ia ahead of Pyatt, (IMO), because he had success at the AHL level.

While true, I like a 3rd line potential player more than a back-up goalie potential player (as I don't see starting goalie anywhere in Wiikman's future).

Was more agreeing with you on Max Campbell than disagreeing with you on Wiikman, though.

Carlos Ranger 07-12-2008 05:10 PM

Zaborsky add Soryal

jas 07-12-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 14851311)
While true, I like a 3rd line potential player more than a back-up goalie potential player (as I don't see starting goalie anywhere in Wiikman's future).

Was more agreeing with you on Max Campbell than disagreeing with you on Wiikman, though.

And, I agree that Pyatt's upside is higher than Wiikman. This is obviously not a hard science, but, I've always tried to focus on three factors when I've done these polls - upside, the likelihood of reaching that upside, and where a player is in terms of development. (It's why, personally, I can't understand how Hillier, a player with 3rd line upside who has yet to play professional hockey, could be ranked higher than Dupont, a player of similar ability whise further ahead in his development.)

FutureGM97 07-12-2008 05:48 PM

Kundratek add Kveton

Cynical TyranT 07-12-2008 06:05 PM

Zaborsky, add Kveton... X 9 already.

seriously... this voting is really getting me to be pretty disappointed in a lot of our posters...

Moore higher than Hagelin, Zaborsky, Pyatt and DuPont? Really? He's a possible 3rd liner.... you can make an argument that three of the aforementioned are possible 2nd liners.

This is ridiculous.

eco's bones 07-12-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 (Post 14850493)
Wow, everyone's boy Baranka is now barely a prospect, I see.

Last year I heard people talk about him like he's the next Scott Stevens. Him and Sauer. Untradeable both. I guess they are still untradeable but for a very different reason...

Baranka would easily have been top 10 if he had stayed in North America. For now I'm going with the goaltender. Baranka may be next though. Add Skokan.

Lundqvist=Vezina 07-12-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 14851497)
And, I agree that Pyatt's upside is higher than Wiikman. This is obviously not a hard science, but, I've always tried to focus on three factors when I've done these polls - upside, the likelihood of reaching that upside, and where a player is in terms of development. (It's why, personally, I can't understand how Hillier, a player with 3rd line upside who has yet to play professional hockey, could be ranked higher than Dupont, a player of similar ability whise further ahead in his development.)

I'd say Hillier has 2nd line upside.

Zaborsky add Kveton.

Jarkko Immonen 07-12-2008 07:15 PM

Pyatt

Radek27 07-12-2008 08:42 PM

Zaborsky, add Kveton

BrooklynRangersFan 07-12-2008 10:37 PM

Zaborsky - add Doyle

As to Baranka, I would easily have had him in the top 10, but as it now looks like he's done as a Rangers' prospect, I don't think he belongs anywhere on the list.

NYReign 07-12-2008 11:39 PM

Wiikman, add Kveton

free0717 07-13-2008 06:37 AM

Baranka add Soryal

N9Y4R 07-13-2008 06:55 AM

Wiikman add Skokan/Soryal

Cynical TyranT 07-13-2008 09:24 AM

Yeah... Wiikman. The guy MIGHT make it as a backup Goaltender and he's a better prospect than Zaborsky and Pyatt?

Unbelievable.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.