HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Buying Tickets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=536579)

source 07-16-2008 12:15 AM

Buying Tickets

Hey guys.

When single-game tickets get released, is it best to line up at the Bell Centre, or have you guys had luck buying them from the Habs' site? E-bay always works, but I hate to pay double/triple the price.

As a Sens fan living in Montreal I think you guys could use a bit of an opposition in the stands...

JMMR 07-16-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by source (Post 14889015)
Hey guys.

When single-game tickets get released, is it best to line up at the Bell Centre, or have you guys had luck buying them from the Habs' site? E-bay always works, but I hate to pay double/triple the price.

As a Sens fan living in Montreal I think you guys could use a bit of an opposition in the stands...

Online for sure.

Stewart JH Esq MBE 07-16-2008 08:34 AM

Have the prices gone up this year?

Pierre Dagenais 07-16-2008 08:58 AM

Line-up for sure.

Russeltown 07-16-2008 09:07 AM

Line-up is worth it.

Beakermania* 07-16-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by source (Post 14889015)
Hey guys.

You should just stay home and wait for them to fall from the sky.... it happens, it really does.

SerialSeb 07-16-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 14891517)
You should just stay home and wait for them to fall from the sky.... it happens, it really does.

It does and it's free, so can't complain but you never know what you are going to get.

That Sens game you want could end up a few blocks from you. So you know... it's a bit of a gamble.

#2eddieshore 07-16-2008 11:48 AM

have any dates been set yet for when tickets or any packages go on sale?

Canadian_Brewtality 07-16-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #2eddieshore (Post 14892787)
have any dates been set yet for when tickets or any packages go on sale?

they schedule isnt even out yet...

Will be on-sale usually in September

JrHockeyFan 07-16-2008 11:54 AM

Anybody know if that 4 ticket rule still stands

ThaDevilGirl 07-16-2008 02:37 PM

The 4 ticket limit will probably stand, and you have more chances to have ticket waiting in the line-up than stay home and trying on the internet. Admission's website is known to be sucky when big event tickets are on sale.

adria 07-17-2008 03:12 PM

How difficult is it to get single game tickets? Or rather, a single ticket for a single game (I find singles are often easier to get than pairs).

Do tickets sell out almost immediately after going on sale?

Malakhov 07-17-2008 03:15 PM

Single tickets (1 ticket, not a pair) is doable, but you have to wait that the servers stop getting hammered.

Getting tickets here in Montreal is quite difficult, hence why I keep my season tickets.

I'll be probably selling them like last year since with school and work, it's impossible for me to go see more than a handful of games.

Come may 2009 though, when I finish school, boy oh boy I'll attend pretty much every freaking game :)

adria 07-17-2008 03:25 PM

OK thanks.

I'll be visiting my parents in Ottawa in February (my first trip out east) and I'm hoping to be able to get a ticket to the Canucks games in all 3 eastern cities.

Le Tricolore 07-17-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 14895070)
The 4 ticket limit will probably stand, and you have more chances to have ticket waiting in the line-up than stay home and trying on the internet. Admission's website is known to be sucky when big event tickets are on sale.

I've always gotten tickets online when trying. :p

Pierre Dagenais 07-17-2008 03:53 PM

If you go Line-up. It's almost 100% sure you get tickets. You might not get 4 in a row, or versus Toronto or whatever. But you are pretty much guaranteed tickets. Last time I went, my friend didn't have a bracelet and he waited til the end and still got tickets.

#2eddieshore 07-17-2008 04:21 PM

whats the 4 ticket rule?

surely they dont limit you to 4 tickets for the entire season?

LilWinger11 07-17-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adria (Post 14908716)
How difficult is it to get single game tickets? Or rather, a single ticket for a single game (I find singles are often easier to get than pairs).

Do tickets sell out almost immediately after going on sale?

Last year I got all my tickets the day they went on sale, but the year before I got single tickets for two January games in late October with no problem.

Beakermania* 07-17-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #2eddieshore (Post 14909745)
whats the 4 ticket rule?

surely they dont limit you to 4 tickets for the entire season?

yup... 4 tickets for the entire season per credit card.

frederixx 07-17-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 14910266)

and per account i think. So you would need 2 different account with 2 different CCs.

Kegger 07-17-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

:help:
I need help then I suppose. I have family in Burlington, Vermont just over the line and would like to get up to visit them and take them to the Habs v. Caps matches in December and January. Anyone willing to part with those tickets? ;) S’il vous plaît.

The Chef* 07-18-2008 10:12 AM

Ticket Prices and that sort of stuff.

Hey Habs fans, I'm wondering how much tickets will be (approx) for a game? The area I'm looking at is behind a net (from the glass to 20 rows up)

Also, the last time I got tickets to see a game I waited a whole day in line (06-07season) for 4 tickets. I got there very early in the morning and then I had to get raffle tickets and that system is way F'd up. By the time I got to the vendor, the game I wanted to see was sold out (Sens-Habs). I ended up waiting 10+ hours for 4 tickets vs the bruins in the molson ex zone. The bruins won 6-5 in OT that day. Did they change this craptacular way of getting tickets?

Looking forward to the Sens beating the Habs (I hope) in November and the other Sens-Habs match-ups.;)

Thanks guys.

duckchobbins 07-18-2008 11:29 AM

last season i was on here looking for advice to get tickets as well, and i appreciate the input i got. i almost wish i hadnt gone (8-2...) but it was a blast. ill be back in november =]

at any rate, to any out-of-towners looking for an out-of-towners perspective: tickets were fairly priced, something like 85usd (25each before fees) for last row balcony center ice. theres not a bad seat up there, you hang over the rink anyways. i think lower bowl was upwards of 100 before fees. im told most people prefer the whites. i bought mine online, but it took several hours to get through and purchase. from what i saw online, seems like all canadian teams, pens, and caps sold out within an hour or two.

if you can get tickets, by all means go. these guys are great hosts.

Beakermania* 07-18-2008 11:33 AM

support your local street corner scalper...

Thats really the only way to ensure 100% you can get tickets in Montreal....

#2eddieshore 07-18-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Wow that blows.

I think i will try and get a package.

Im guessing its just about impossible to get the half season ticket.