HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Aeros beat Grand Rapids 4-1 last night (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53712)

NyCoN 02-19-2004 02:44 PM

Aeros beat Grand Rapids 4-1 last night

Wallin came back from injury to get 3 assists. Thought some of you guys would like to read this....

http://www.aeros.com/gameday/gamenotes/?id=2802

ceber 02-19-2004 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyCoN
Wallin came back from injury to get 3 assists.

Good! I liked him in the preseason. Nothing amazing, I guess, because he didn't stick. He should be here next season, I think, provided he doesn't regress terribly over the summer.

Kristofer 02-19-2004 03:54 PM

Good for him. :handclap:
NyCoN, what kind of injury did he have?
I should really follow the aeros more closely.

NyCoN 02-19-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krys
NyCoN, what kind of injury did he have?

I looked all over Houston's site, and I can't find anything regarding injuries. All it said was that he hadn't played since January 9th and he missed 17 games.. :dunno:

NyCoN 02-19-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
Good! I liked him in the preseason. Nothing amazing, I guess, because he didn't stick. He should be here next season, I think, provided he doesn't regress terribly over the summer.

I agree. I think he should get a fair chance to make the team next year. We have SO many centers, it might make it hard though. Unless DR finally gives up on the playoffs and starts looking to the future...I.E. Trades for picks and prospects. I know some of you guys don't want that to happen quite yet, but we need to think to the future. I want to be able to make the playoffs year after year after year, and that isn't going to happen with the depth we have now.

Didn't Wallin get a chance with the big club 2 years ago, but broke his wrist after only a handful of games? I thought he looked good back then.

Hecht 02-19-2004 05:05 PM

They still need to play better or they aren't going to make the playoffs this year. According to the lastest standings they would take the last playoff spot.

Kristofer 02-19-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyCoN
Didn't Wallin get a chance with the big club 2 years ago, but broke his wrist after only a handful of games? I thought he looked good back then.

Yeah he did, but I'm pretty sure it was last year.
Thanks for taking a look around the site. Strange though they don't have anything about injuries there. I guess I'll have to go search around the Instigator Alley message board and see if I can find it.

thestonedkoala 02-19-2004 05:34 PM

They won't report injuries on InstigtorAlley, simply because other teams will check websites to see who was injured and that stuff.

He, I believe, had a injured leg.

Kristofer 02-19-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
They won't report injuries on InstigtorAlley, simply because other teams will check websites to see who was injured and that stuff.

He, I believe, had a injured leg.

Yeah that's all I could find out too, leg injury. Had to look at the Houston Chronicle website.

thestonedkoala 02-19-2004 05:56 PM

get on AIM!

GaborikRules10!!! 02-19-2004 06:45 PM

I havent really followed the Aeros alot this season, but what has been there problem this year. I know they lost some players like Murphy, Trudel and Domechelli. Whats Wrong?

Hows Darby been playing latley???

DW 02-20-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaborikRules10!!!
I havent really followed the Aeros alot this season, but what has been there problem this year. I know they lost some players like Murphy, Trudel and Domechelli. Whats Wrong?

Hows Darby been playing latley???

Youth and lack of a few good vets to take some pressure off them. Plus some injuries. Atleast that's what I have gotten from some of the posters at IA.

I believe Darby had gotten into a fight not to long ago. Scary, I wonder if he's looking to add a new trait to his resume?

strib 02-20-2004 03:53 PM

They have a few good veterans in Marshall, Roche, Vodrazka on defence. What they are lacking are some veterans who can put the puck in the net from the forward position. Darby is a waste of a spot there as he was in Minny. He is decent at faceoffs but doesn't pass and can't score.The team is one of the best in the AHL at getting shots on the net. They don't have any scorers. Wanvig gets his in bunches and then seems to die off. Veilleux is bad at not passing the puck. Good to have Wallin back. Hope he stays healthy.