HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Official 2008-2009 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=537311)

Gee Wally 07-18-2008 10:43 AM

Official 2008-2009 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)
 
This is the offical Ticket Thread for the upcoming season. It is here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

Sec311Row6 07-18-2008 10:47 AM

If anyone wants to buy my season tickets for the 2 preseason games let me know, I'll make it a deal, as its only preseason! Just pm me!

Sec 311 Row 6 (Bruins shoot twice)

Washington Capitals Sat Sept 27th at 4pm (Sold!)
NY Islanders Sat Oct 4th at 5pm

Silva 07-19-2008 01:28 PM

Would anyone want to split a 12 game pack with me? It's great because there are no service charges but I don't want 12 games, ideally I'd want 6-8. If anyone wants to split PM me or email me at asilva@bryant.edu It'd be 2 tickets and I'd take 6-8 games and you'd take 4-6 (however many you want)

Silva 07-19-2008 07:18 PM

I'd even split the "All You Can Eat" section tickets. Right now I can get 5th row for $3354, if a couple people wanted to split that'd be a great deal. about $41 a game for a decent seat and all you can eat food each game.

#2eddieshore 08-20-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silva (Post 14930235)
I'd even split the "All You Can Eat" section tickets. Right now I can get 5th row for $3354, if a couple people wanted to split that'd be a great deal. about $41 a game for a decent seat and all you can eat food each game.

That ''All You Can Eat'' idea is awesome, one of the coolest ticket ideas I have seen in a long time.

Pax Macioretty 08-29-2008 11:07 AM

hey guys little question here, how's the view form section 314-317 and 303-330, is it rediculisely high or is the view, i'm looking to go on january 13th, anyways any feedback is appreciated, thanks

duckchobbins 08-29-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15291466)
hey guys little question here, how's the view form section 314-317 and 303-330, is it rediculisely high or is the view, i'm looking to go on january 13th, anyways any feedback is appreciated, thanks

its not as high as the blues/grays in montreal, not even close. youll enjoy 320-330 better, more habs fans down there i believe.

IMO, the upper reaches of the balcony are the best seats in the house.

edit: im estimating sections, i dont have a chart handy. that whole right side is filled with habs fans at times.

Hawgood_38 08-29-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15291466)
hey guys little question here, how's the view form section 314-317 and 303-330, is it rediculisely high or is the view, i'm looking to go on january 13th, anyways any feedback is appreciated, thanks

It depends on what row you're in. There at 15 rows in the balcony. I used to have seats in row 2 of sec 328. I moved to row 11 of 309 and those aren't bad at all in terms of the heighth. Now I'm down in row 3 and prefer the closeness.

If I were you, I'd try to get closer to center ice

Pax Macioretty 08-29-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawgood_38 (Post 15291991)
It depends on what row you're in. There at 15 rows in the balcony. I used to have seats in row 2 of sec 328. I moved to row 11 of 309 and those aren't bad at all in terms of the heighth. Now I'm down in row 3 and prefer the closeness.

If I were you, I'd try to get closer to center ice

thanks, but is there like stuff in the building blocking the view or something

duckchobbins 08-29-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15292479)
thanks, but is there like stuff in the building blocking the view or something

like press walkways blocking the scoreboard? :sarcasm:

nah, every seat is full view. unless youre in the first couple rows off the glass of course.

BNHL 08-29-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 15292637)
like press walkways blocking the scoreboard? :sarcasm:

nah, every seat is full view. unless youre in the first couple rows off the glass of course.

I think it's actually the first 12 rows of Loge on the sides that have limited viewing of the same side far corners.

Pax Macioretty 08-29-2008 01:44 PM

thank you evreyone for evreything, so i guess january 13th it is... see you there

91 09-03-2008 03:08 PM

Hey guys, anyone willing to sell a pair of lower bowl tickets to the Bruins/Leafs game on Nov. 6?

duckchobbins 09-03-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonesKnowsBest (Post 15337254)
Hey guys, anyone willing to sell a pair of lower bowl tickets to the Bruins/Leafs game on Nov. 6?

your best bet right now is to buy them yourself on 9/13 when they go on sale. you wont have any troubles getting lower bowl seats, and prices are pretty cheap in comparison to the ACC.

91 09-03-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 15337992)
your best bet right now is to buy them yourself on 9/13 when they go on sale. you wont have any troubles getting lower bowl seats, and prices are pretty cheap in comparison to the ACC.

Thanks for the info! So single seats go on sale on the 13th, sounds good. I'll be sure to get them then!

duckchobbins 09-05-2008 08:23 AM

the bruins finally gave in to the premium priced games :shakehead

some of these prices are just flat out embarassing this year. im kinda upset about this. i only wanted the one game, and i got it (i had to pay double what i expected from last year), but still. i dont see how they can expect these tickets to sell at some of these prices. they had hard enough time last season. ruh roh. do i sense empty yellow SECTIONS again?

beaverjc 09-05-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 15354463)
the bruins finally gave in to the premium priced games :shakehead

some of these prices are just flat out embarassing this year. im kinda upset about this. i only wanted the one game, and i got it (i had to pay double what i expected from last year), but still. i dont see how they can expect these tickets to sell at some of these prices. they had hard enough time last season. ruh roh. do i sense empty yellow SECTIONS again?

It does stink....but the "premium games" will still sell out - its demand. People want to see the Red Wings, Rangers and Penguins.

duckchobbins 09-05-2008 01:35 PM

i hope youre right, i just dont see it happening. some of those prices are pretty steep, especially in comparison to last year. compared to the rest of the nhl its about average i guess, but i dont think the bruins have garnered enough interest to warrant this type of increase.

it could be worse, see: NYR prices last year/this year :help:

dafoomie 09-08-2008 11:04 PM

How does the all you can eat thing work? If I buy somebodys tickets in that section, do I get that too or do you need some kind of card for that?

beaverjc 09-12-2008 09:58 AM

Bruins Ticket Prices for 2008/9 Season
 
I am not a big fan of ticket price increases (I am sure no one is) but the Bruins going to this "premium game" ticket type pricing is a bit greedy. They basically took all the "good" games and jacked up the prices on these games and kept the less desirable games at the same prices. To be fair wouldnt you think they would lower the prices of the less desirable games to offset the increased revenue they get for the premium games? Last year you pay $50 for the Rangers game and $50 for the Panthers game. This year you pay $65 for the Rangers game and $50 for the Panther game...thanks Mr. Jacobs. Why not $65 for the Rangers game and $35 for the less desirable games? I understand the economy of professional sports but I also understand the current economy of the USA.

Thankfully, I am a STH and pay one price - but I still like to see the building full of Bruins fans. I think the ownership is jumping the gun a bit early on going to this pricing structure - I went to tons of games last year that were played against the lesser desirable teams and the building was pretty empty. Sure the series against the Habs was great but I dont think it propelled the Bruins back up the charts enough to increase ticket prices again for the average fan.

Finally, what the heck is with paying FULL prices for preseason games - talk about a joke. I understand they do it in the NFL - but this isnt the NFL. The Bruins should use the Preseason games as a chance to get fans ready for the season - how about $20 general admission? Get creative!

End of annual price ticket rant. Thank you.

Bruins Gal 09-12-2008 10:03 AM

I agree completely with you. I'm just wondering if it's a design to make the building less desirable to the opposing fans that are more likely to travel? I'm reaching here, but my ST's haven't gone up in price for a few years (KNOCK WOOD) and I'm seeing that they are trying to sell the STH benefits now so maybe that's the reasoning. I have to call my rep today to get a couple games secured, I'll have to ask and see what she says.

beaverjc 09-12-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Gal (Post 15423283)
I agree completely with you. I'm just wondering if it's a design to make the building less desirable to the opposing fans that are more likely to travel? I'm reaching here, but my ST's haven't gone up in price for a few years (KNOCK WOOD) and I'm seeing that they are trying to sell the STH benefits now so maybe that's the reasoning. I have to call my rep today to get a couple games secured, I'll have to ask and see what she says.

Could be the reason but I am not sure. The STH prices are even a better value but they still have less than 6,000 STH and I know most people cant afford a season ticket package. They have cut back on some of the benefits of the STH too though...no vouchers, no BBQ....I just looks like they are jumping at the first signs of team success to make a quick buck.

I would also note that Bruins probably trail the rest of the NHL in season ticket holder treatment...you get an plain envelope with your tickets in them. ..for Christmas you get a tam card with fake signatures..thanks. In Pittsburgh you have even have players delivering the tickets...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=550571

clutchandgrab 09-12-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaverjc (Post 15423331)
Could be the reason but I am not sure. The STH prices are even a better value but they still have less than 6,000 STH and I know most people cant afford a season ticket package. They have cut back on some of the benefits of the STH too though...no vouchers, no BBQ....I just looks like they are jumping at the first signs of team success to make a quick buck.

I would also note that Bruins probably trail the rest of the NHL in season ticket holder treatment...you get an plain envelope with your tickets in them. ..for Christmas you get a tam card with fake signatures..thanks. In Pittsburgh you have even have players delivering the tickets...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=550571

Honestly, I can't complain at all about the Bruins "treatment" of their STH's. I don't know what other nHL teams do, but when yo compare them to the other local pro teams in Boston, they're way ahead of the curve. NO team does the State of the team thing the Bruins just did for one thing. The Sox, Pats & Celtics basically all send you an invoice and say pay up X date, or you lose your tickets. That's it. Celtics do a touch more during the year, but the Sox especially treat it as strictly a business transaction with no "niceties" once they have your money. The B's are far from perfect, but I like what they're doing from a fan relations perspective (hell, even HAVING a fan relations dept is a good step).
I have friends that are STH's for the other teams, and they're constantly stunned at the Service the B's do provide and the little things they offer.
As far as the vouchers, I checked the site, and they still offer them (if we're talking about the same thing). And heard the other night that the BBQ was being scaled down, so instead of having one huge one, they'll do several smaller, more intimate ones. I hoe that's true, should give everyone easier access to the players.

duckchobbins 09-12-2008 11:51 AM

beaverjc im with you, and i know ive already posted this on some other threads, though i forget which ones.

im no economist, but i do understand (in most markets) the relation of price to supply and demand. naturally, the habs games are going to be in demand, as with any special events, probably the pens as well. i understand charge a premium for those games, and an extra $10 per ticket, although im unhappy about it, i can agree with and admit "ok fine, you win." at the end of the day it just means less games for me.

what i dont understand is the increase in price across the board. last year they had seats start at 10 bucks, this year its 16. and as far as i know all the other prices generally went up a few bucks as well. "but, but, but chuck, they decreased season ticket prices." youre right they did, but the bruins =/= the red sox, and they dont have that much pull in the city yet to be doing this.

fwiw, last year i hit well over a dozen games. this year i think ill count em on one hand! but, thats why they created the hd plasma :nod:

B Bruins 70 09-12-2008 12:20 PM

About some games being premium, they are not the first to do it. There are teams that have been doing this for a few seasons now. The Blue Jays do it for Sox and Yanks games.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.