HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jessiman Offered QO, Jessiman Accepts (Post #71) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=537741)

free0717 07-20-2008 08:49 AM

Jessiman Offered QO, Jessiman Accepts (Post #71)

If I were Hugh Jessiman I would not accept the qualifying offer. I would tell Sather to give me a League Min Contract($475K/year), two way deal.

This way if Hugh has a big Training camp, he would seriously be considered for a 4th line spot.

$475K vs. $1,000,000.00 for Voros or Rismiller would be a real consideration if everything else were equal.

It could be Hughs chance to get into the league.

If he took the qualifier $942 K + 10%, It would be no consideration vs. Voros or Rismiller. Hugh would have to Outplay them by alot.

AJ1982 07-20-2008 09:33 AM

I think Hugh ends up in the AHL anyway. I don't think he is NHL ready. We'll know more at training camp, but I think no matter what deal he gets/takes he ends up in the AHL.

jniklast 07-20-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 14933334)
If I were Hugh Jessiman I would not accept the qualifying offer. I would tell Sather to give me a League Min Contract($475K/year), two way deal.

This way if Hugh has a big Training camp, he would seriously be considered for a 4th line spot.

$475K vs. $1,000,000.00 for Voros or Rismiller would be a real consideration if everything else were equal.

If he took the qualifier $942 K + 10%, It would be no consideration vs. Voros or Rismiller. Hugh would have to Outplay them by alot.

that's basically what I said in the qualifying offers thread...
but i guess it might be just against human nature (or at least capitalist nature) to accept less than offered

Pogo 07-20-2008 10:08 AM

If I were Hugh Jessiman, I'd....

stop sucking.

Lion Hound 07-20-2008 10:43 AM

...Play like my size suggests!

Gardner McKay 07-20-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 14933334)

Im sick of this not ready B.S. Hes an 03 pick. He has had his time. Either hes ready or its time to declare him a BUST. Oh my god it was said. Hugh Jessiman may never play an NHL game. The same way I think Moore, Byers, Pyatt will never see a game as a Ranger, let a lone in the NHL.

So what these guys are busts, we have other talent to concentrate on instead of guys who always will be fringe NHLers and nothing more.

Anisimov, Chere, Korpedo, Sanguenetti,

RANGERDIEHARD 07-20-2008 11:26 AM

find a new way to earn a living.

MSG the place to be* 07-20-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky (Post 14933880)
The same way I think Moore, Byers, Pyatt will never see a game as a Ranger, let a lone in the NHL.,

Pay attention - Moore and Byers already have suited up for the Rangers. I could see not remembering Byers 1 game but Moore has played in a handful.

Jarkko Immonen 07-20-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky (Post 14933880)
Im sick of this not ready B.S. Hes an 03 pick. He has had his time. Either hes ready or its time to declare him a BUST. Oh my god it was said. Hugh Jessiman may never play an NHL game.

Last season was by far and away Hugh's best season in the AHL. I think that as long as he doesn't have any injury setbacks he will improve even more and finally get his shot in the NHL. As sad as it is, some guys take awhile to pan out.

FromDubiToZherdev* 07-20-2008 12:30 PM

...would find a time machine, and take myself out of the draft.

Pizza 07-20-2008 12:32 PM

Take what I can get from the Rangers. Remember, they are PAYING ME to PLAY HOCKEY. Still beats working in finance for a living.

Hang in there and keep working toward my goal.
No quiting.
Make myself a better, more complete player.

Go out, kick some ass and Give the Rangers a reason to take me seriously again.

Lets wait and see if I'm even close.

Synergy27 07-20-2008 12:34 PM

write a formal letter to every New York Rangers fan explaining that it's not his fault Slats decided to draft him so high. I'd be sure it somehow incorporated the line "Hell, I even would have taken Getzlaf instead."

Jaysfanatic* 07-20-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synergy27 (Post 14934427)
write a formal letter to every New York Rangers fan explaining that it's not his fault Slats decided to draft him so high. I'd be sure it somehow incorporated the line "Hell, I even would have taken Getzlaf instead."

I wish you guys drafted Parise, because after him Getzlaf was our guy. Love Zach, but would rather Getzlaf.

Synergy27 07-20-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 14934442)
I wish you guys drafted Parise, because after him Getzlaf was our guy. Love Zach, but would rather Getzlaf.

We're the only ones that are allowed to complain about the outcome of the '03 draft. Just sayin'...

MidnightRanger 07-20-2008 12:41 PM

Does Jessiman have Dustin Penner potential at least?

I have heard about some Power Forwards in the past that took forever to pan out. Wasn't Bertuzzi like that? Or the guy from the Wings, the swedish guy who for some reason I cant remember his name right now but all he does is score garbage goals.

I still think he can play in the NHL, just think he's a third line player not just a fourth liner based on what I've seen. Now if he all of a sudden decided to score more I still would not give up on him. But he is way down in the priority list.

Harrison Ford 07-20-2008 12:43 PM

If i were Hugh Jessiman...

...i would stop trying to be like Barry Tallackson.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-20-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 14934442)

we can ask lou and slats if they want to trade Hugh for Parise, then ask Anaheim for Getzlaf;)

MidnightRanger 07-20-2008 12:51 PM

Yes I am correct. Bertuzzi took 6 seasons to get a 50 point season, and add two more years to get 85 and 1 more to get 97 before slowly decreasing in production again. But boy was he good when he was good. These power forwards are like basketball big men or good offensive linemen. They may take a while but when they blossom watch out.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php3?pid=369

It took Tomas Holmstrom 6 seasons to just reach 40 points. But the guy is indispensable to the Wings offense. He puts in the garbage goals. We don't have anyone on our team that can do that besides Drury. His best season he scored 59 playing in the top line after the lockout. It took him 10 seasons of pro hockey to due so.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=19107

Those are two examples. I can't think of another big guy right now. But let's look at Dustin Penner who seems to have erupted as soon as he entered the NHL. Or did he?

Penner had one good season by college hockey standards and jumped to pros. He dominated the AHL for one year scoring 84 points. He scored 45 in his first pro season only for the Oilers to give him a ridiculous offer sheet he was not worth and he scored 47 for them. I predict the same year in year out until he breaks out later in his career like most power forwards do.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=77717

The thing is, I feel Jessiman still has that kind of potential. He just focused on throwing the body too much instead of scoring. Plus, I don't think Hartford has had a real good feeding center until Anisimov last year. What I mean by that is an assister which these huge guys need since most of them can't skate. Some would argue Jarko Immonen was that guy but I don't think so. He was more an offensive two way center with slow feet.

I can't think of any other power forwards worth a damn in this league. I mean there's Nash, but he was the first overall pick. Does anyone consider Eric Cole a PF? Even then as good as he is he is brittle because of his peddle to the metal style. I really can't think of another really good power forward. The guy from Dallas Brendan Morrow is I don't consider a PF even though some do, he's too small.

Harrison Ford 07-20-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm (Post 14934571)
Yes I am correct. Bertuzzi took 6 seasons to get a 50 point season, and add two more years to get 85 and 1 more to get 97 before slowly decreasing in production again. But boy was he good when he was good. These power forwards are like basketball big men or good offensive linemen. They may take a while but when they blossom watch out.

It took Tomas Holmstrom 6 seasons to just reach 40 points. But the guy is indispensable to the Wings offense. He puts in the garbage goals. We don't have anyone on our team that can do that besides Drury. His best season he scored 59 playing in the top line after the lockout. It took him 10 seasons of pro hockey to due so.

Those are two examples. I can't think of another big guy right now. But let's look at Dustin Penner who seems to have erupted as soon as he entered the NHL. Or did he?

Penner had one good season by college hockey standards and jumped to pros. He dominated the AHL for one year scoring 84 points. He scored 45 in his first pro season only for the Oilers to give him a ridiculous offer sheet he was not worth and he scored 47 for them. I predict the same year in year out until he breaks out later in his career like most power forwards do.

The thing is, I feel Jessiman still has that kind of potential. He just focused on throwing the body too much instead of scoring. Plus, I don't think Hartford has had a real good feeding center until Anisimov last year. What I mean by that is an assister which these huge guys need since most of them can't skate. Some would argue Jarko Immonen was that guy but I don't think so. He was more an offensive two way center with slow feet.

I can't think of any other power forwards worth a damn in this league. I mean there's Nash, but he was the first overall pick. Does anyone consider Eric Cole a PF? Even then as good as he is he is brittle because of his peddle to the metal style. I really can't think of another really good power forward. The guy from Dallas Brendan Morrow is I don't consider a PF even though some do, he's too small.

Dainius Zubrus could have been a very good PF, but the flyers rushed hm into the league, hindering his development tremendously.

silverfish 07-20-2008 01:22 PM

...Keep working to my potential of a third line power forward. Believe it or not all the people who are calling him a bust, the kid is still only 24.

If he continues to show production in the AHL this upcomming season, I think Jessiman will be on the Rangers in 09-10 as the every day third line RW.

RANGERDIEHARD 07-20-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm (Post 14934571)

All of the players you mentioned were NHLers by the age of 23 and Bert scored 18 goals as a 20 year old in the NHL. Jessiman is a marginal minor league player who at 24 scored his career high of 18 goals last year in the AHL.

Face it he's a bust; he'll be 25 this year and he has shown zero to even coming close to an NHL rink.

Jaysfanatic* 07-20-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synergy27 (Post 14934477)
We're the only ones that are allowed to complain about the outcome of the '03 draft. Just sayin'...

I think St. Louis has reason to complain too. Shawn Belle is useless, then they flipped him for Bacashihua (sp?) and he sucks too.

I Eat Crow 07-20-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 14934856)
I think St. Louis has reason to complain too. Shawn Belle is useless, then they flipped him for Bacashihua (sp?) and he sucks too.

Wasn't it for Corey Locke? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong guy.

I Eat Crow 07-20-2008 02:31 PM

If I were Hugh though, I'd be watching video tape of Daniel Alfredsson and Henrik Zetterberg on how to play a great two-way game. Working harder than ever before on skating and fitness should be priority number one, however. Most of all, I'd make it a personal mission to prove the naysayers and doubters wrong, showing them its never too late. He's only 24, and most power forwards don't peak until they are 28-29. I for one am going to be one of Hugh's biggest fans this upcoming year.

NYRKing 07-20-2008 02:46 PM

.........try to justify that I truly am the player directly behind Eric Staal on the Ranger's draft board.