HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Sundin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=537884)

incawg 07-20-2008 10:44 PM

Sundin

Sundin's fishing trip is over, his agent hopes to speak with him today:
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...d-40201dba102c

Never before has the end to a fishing trip been so riveting.

Garo 07-20-2008 10:46 PM

Fishing? I thought he was eating sushis?

Oh yeah, and I hope he has a decision made, or at least is leaning one way.

Bean in Charge 07-20-2008 10:51 PM

detroit would be disgustingly good (at least, on paper) if they got sundin.

here's to hoping that doesn't happen!

ESunlin 07-20-2008 10:54 PM

Yeah right. We don't have the cap space for Sundin unless he wants to play for peanuts :) I guess it depends on how much he wants a Cup, although if I was Kenny, I wouldn't sign him. I don't think he really fits....

octopi 07-20-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESunlin (Post 14939158)
Yeah right. We don't have the cap space for Sundin unless he wants to play for peanuts :) I guess it depends on how much he wants a Cup, although if I was Kenny, I wouldn't sign him. I don't think he really fits....

He's Swedish and a playoff monster. Of course he fits. If he gets a shot at the Cup, he'd crawl across hot coals to win it.Only foreseeable problem is if he tried to jockey with Lidstrom for control of the team, and I can't see that happening.If he signs with the Wings it'll have to be a relitively small contract, but the team will be a complete juggernaut.

orcatown 07-20-2008 11:29 PM

Plenty of fishing around Vancouver.

Ollie Weeks 07-20-2008 11:47 PM

If he want to go to Detroit, Holland's gonna need a bigger boat.

ESunlin 07-20-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopi (Post 14939393)
He's Swedish and a playoff monster. Of course he fits. If he gets a shot at the Cup, he'd crawl across hot coals to win it.Only foreseeable problem is if he tried to jockey with Lidstrom for control of the team, and I can't see that happening.If he signs with the Wings it'll have to be a relitively small contract, but the team will be a complete juggernaut.

I don't think so. Honestly, watching his play does not put me in a position to say "Yes, he should wear the red and white". Determination and nationality does not equal a good fit. Anyways, I HIGHLY doubt he would sign.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-21-2008 12:02 AM

Sundin will sign with Avangard Omsk, to play with Jaromir Jagr. Jagr was the only reason Sundin contacted the Rangers orginization.:sarcasm:

monster_bertuzzi 07-21-2008 12:11 AM

There couldn't possibly be any more smoke in this Sundin ''fire''. What with Hankyfourfingers and his reliable source, Swedish newspapers and the Canucks play-by-play man all saying Sundin is coming to Vancouver.

Canucks5551 07-21-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi (Post 14939791)
There couldn't possibly be any more smoke in this Sundin ''fire''. What with Hankyfourfingers and his reliable source, Swedish newspapers and the Canucks play-by-play man all saying Sundin is coming to Vancouver.

To be fair to Shorty, he didn't guarantee it. He said it was likely, but not 100%.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-21-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi (Post 14939791)

Rangers play-by-play man said JJ was most likely returning to the rangers, and we all know what happend next.

Burlington Bomb 26 07-21-2008 01:16 AM

i didnt really want to chip into the conversation much, but Montreal's team is much more skilled and has more depth than the Canucks. and Montreal also has history on its side. i dont think 24 stanley cups will hurt them. as for the canucks *cough* 1994 *cough*.....nothing really.

Artyukhin* 07-21-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg (Post 14939046)
Sundin's fishing trip is over, his agent hopes to speak with him today:
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...d-40201dba102c

Never before has the end to a fishing trip been so riveting.

Manny Almeia is a writer for canadiens.com already broke the news:)

http://canadiens.mynhlmobile.com/xht...08-07-18.1.xml

Here's a look at 13 numbers from the brilliant career of the Habs' new No. 13.

Rayne* 07-21-2008 02:18 AM

It would be hilarious if Sundin went to Vancouver and ended up having the same problems Mark Messier had.

TOML 07-21-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayne (Post 14940503)
It would be hilarious if Sundin went to Vancouver and ended up having the same problems Mark Messier had.

Name the goalies that Messier had on those teams.

Exactly.

Analyzer 07-21-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

It would be funny if Sundin came here and had the same problems Samsonov had?

Montreal is good, Vancouver is good. Detroit will probably win regardless of which, if either team gets Sundin.

Let's turn this into a Maple Leaf bashing thread :sarcasm:

SaucyNavel 07-21-2008 02:26 AM

yea this whole...Vancouver sucks....no Habs suck crap is old.

lets just wait and see what happens when our teams meet this year..

either way should be fun..

not going to generalize every Hab fan because of what some people who act 11 said.

goodnight.

PTmbp13 07-21-2008 02:38 AM

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=672&a=806514

Rover* 07-21-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen seeing as how messier is absolute scum and is a total two face when talking to the media.

Respect Your Edler 07-21-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 14940527)
It would be funny if Sundin came here and had the same problems Samsonov had?

Montreal is good, Vancouver is good. Detroit will probably win regardless of which, if either team gets Sundin.

Let's turn this into a Maple Leaf bashing thread :sarcasm:

This man talks sense.

Sundin must really like fish, first sushi now fishing.

guest1467 07-21-2008 02:46 AM

Does anyone else think this whole Sundin thing has gone way overboard? I think everyone would agree that he is a great player. However, with the way these fan bases and threads have gone it is almost like he is Lemieux or something. I think Sundin would make any team that he joins better, but he isn't going to catapolt the team into super powers here. I just think that people are really over rating Sundin lately.

Respect Your Edler 07-21-2008 02:54 AM

I think it speaks more to the parity in the league. 30 goals can make the difference between a pretender and a contender.

monster_bertuzzi 07-21-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 14940623)
Does anyone else think this whole Sundin thing has gone way overboard? I think everyone would agree that he is a great player. However, with the way these fan bases and threads have gone it is almost like he is Lemieux or something. I think Sundin would make any team that he joins better, but he isn't going to catapolt the team into super powers here. I just think that people are really over rating Sundin lately.

He is still a 6 foot 5 70-80 point centre who brings leadership and intangibles, that is a huge piece of the puzzle for whatever team he joins.

I Hate You All* 07-21-2008 03:06 AM

Mats Sundin's new official theme song and personal theme song player guy: