HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers Acquire Zhamnov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=53793)

Mongoose 02-19-2004 05:33 PM

Flyers Acquire Zhamnov

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...19_180944_4680

Jim Vandermeer and Colin Fraser were dealt

monster_bertuzzi 02-19-2004 05:34 PM

Good trade for the Flyers. Thats another left-handed shooter though, for a league record.

FearTheFlyers 02-19-2004 05:36 PM

Glad it was Vandermeer instead of Seidenberg.

blah 02-19-2004 05:38 PM

WHOOOOO! Helluva trade.

The Chicago Blackhawks, sitting near the bottom of the NHL cellar, have traded forward Alexei Zhamnov and a fourth round pick in 2004 to the Flyers in exchange for Jim Vandermeer, Colin Fraser, and a second round pick in the 2004.

bennysflyers16 02-19-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...19_180944_4680

Jim Vandermeer and Colin Fraser were dealt

Not a big Zhamnov fan, BUT, Vandermeer was going to be a carreer Phantom. Good trade for us !!!!

CNote 02-19-2004 05:40 PM

good move by Clarke...man he doesn't waste any time! zhamnov is better than francis....i heard there a swap of picks too....wonder what that is.

go flyers go!!

dutch

FearTheFlyers 02-19-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
good move by Clarke...man he doesn't waste any time! zhamnov is better than francis....i heard there a swap of picks too....wonder what that is.

go flyers go!!

dutch

Our 2nd for their 4th.. which will be at max only 35 picks apart.

Bennevol10 02-19-2004 05:58 PM

Colin Fraser will really good 3rd line player like Mike Ricci... I am sad Flyers included him in this trade... Unfortunately Flyers had no choice... It's a really good deal for Black Hawks...

FlyersFan10* 02-19-2004 06:00 PM

We got hosed on this deal. I'm sorry, but Zhamnov isn't the player that is going to help put us over the top. While we didn't trade any roster players, we're starting to give our youth away like it's candy. So, we have no picks in the first or second round and only one in the third. I hope to God the Flyers win it all this year because if they don't, the rebuilding process is going to be quite painful.

Rex88 02-19-2004 06:04 PM

A deal that had to be done.
Vandy is OK but can be replaced and Fraser is a nice mid level prospect.
Do not like flipping the picks from the LA 2nd to Chi 4th - they will be alot more than 35 picks apart for whoever did that post.

RoDu 02-19-2004 06:05 PM

pheww...my heart stopped for a muinute there, only Vandermer. The only bad thing is we have no young physical defenseman for the future. K, no more trades Clarke, evan if the whole team gets hurt

paxtang 02-19-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
pheww...my heart stopped for a muinute there, only Vandermer. The only bad thing is we have no young physical defenseman for the future. K, no more trades Clarke, evan if the whole team gets hurt

Not only does this take away any physical play from the defense, Fraser was one of the most willing guys in the WHL. Ranked a top ten fighter for two months on www.thefightingmajor.net in his division, and is a solid player too. There goes any sort of future toughenss for this already wussified team. Kane the new enforcer? Yay.

RoDu 02-19-2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
Not only does this take away any physical play from the defense, Fraser was one of the most willing guys in the WHL. Ranked a top ten fighter for two months on www.thefightingmajor.net in his division, and is a solid player too. There goes any sort of future toughenss for this already wussified team. Kane the new enforcer? Yay.

I guess getting Eager made Fraser expendable?

FlyersGuy69 02-19-2004 06:11 PM

I never have been a fan of Zhamnov's. he is a downgrade for JR which is who he will be replacing. for a player that is 33yrs old and has 6G and 18PTS(I know the Hawks aren't that good) I don't know if I really like this deal....I don't think I do. I would have liked to see Clarke get a player that is going to have more of an impact. hopefully he will do better with the talent that we have but I am not going to hold my breath.

IronMarshal 02-19-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Colin Fraser will really good 3rd line player like Mike Ricci... I am sad Flyers included him in this trade... Unfortunately Flyers had no choice... It's a really good deal for Black Hawks...

Colin Fraser will be lucky to play in the NHL. He will definetly NOT be Mike Ricci. He aspires to be Matthew Barnaby with less talent.

Mike Richards is way closer to Ricci than Fraser will ever be.

Sorry to see Vandy go. I guess Seidenberg stays now.

Zhamnov was a decent pickup. Lets hope he doesn't play like a dog with fleas. Maybe the surrounding talent will rejuvinate him. All in all, if the Fly Guys are going to make a run at it this year, this move was necessary, not unlike the Oates deal (shudder) which also made sense at the time IMO.

Bennevol10 02-19-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
We got hosed on this deal. I'm sorry, but Zhamnov isn't the player that is going to help put us over the top. While we didn't trade any roster players, we're starting to give our youth away like it's candy. So, we have no picks in the first or second round and only one in the third. I hope to God the Flyers win it all this year because if they don't, the rebuilding process is going to be quite painful.

What are you talking about? What rebuilding process? You sure you are not talking about Florida panthers or Black Hawks... This team trying to win the Cup and next if there is a season... Flyers will be top 4 team in Eastern Conference... So I don't know what are you complaining about it... You cannot keep every single player draft or play for your team... Vandermeer at best will be 5th defense player... Flyers have too many defense player who are 28 years old or younger...

Markob, Kim Johnsson, Pitkanen, Siendburg that's four young defense player... That's pretty good for a team who about go all the way... Find a team who has as many young players playing for them and at the same time competing for cup... You might find no more than fews teams... Only Sharks, Lighting, Montreal, Flame and Cancus that's about it...

blah 02-19-2004 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
I never have been a fan of Zhamnov's. he is a downgrade for JR which is who he will be replacing. for a player that is 33yrs old and has 6G and 18PTS(I know the Hawks aren't that good) I don't know if I really like this deal....I don't think I do. I would have liked to see Clarke get a player that is going to have more of an impact. hopefully he will do better with the talent that we have but I am not going to hold my breath.

He's only played in 23 games.

54fightin 02-19-2004 06:12 PM

2 days late and a 2 prospects short

If Clarke was going to get a center from the Blackhawks Sullivan was the better choice and went to Nashville a lot cheaper. Where have all the young defensemen gone? I look at this the same as the Oates trade. It only works if we win the Stanley Cup.

Mongoose 02-19-2004 06:12 PM

During the press conference, Clarkie mentioned that being paired with Amonte set Amonte on fire. That he was scoring goals like crazy and that they might be put together again? Any truth to this? Im sure there is but to what extent?

FlyersGuy69 02-19-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
He's only played in 23 games.

hmm, that is a pretty significant detail that I overlooked.

paxtang 02-19-2004 06:15 PM

Quote:

I guess getting Eager made Fraser expendable?

Eager fights, but he isn't willing like Fraser is. Fraser will defend anyone, and has 20 fights this year. He's the pest the Flyers need right now.

RoDu 02-19-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Only Sharks, Lighting, Montreal, Flame and Cancus that's about it...

who's Cancus?

blah 02-19-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
During the press conference, Clarkie mentioned that being paired with Amonte set Amonte on fire. That he was scoring goals like crazy and that they might be put together again? Any truth to this? Im sure there is but to what extent?

Clarke usually trades for players that current Flyers have played well with in the past. I'd be surprised if Zhamnov was not on the first line with Amonte.

RoDu 02-19-2004 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Clarke usually trades for players that current Flyers have played well with in the past. I'd be surprised if Zhamnov was not on the first line with Amonte.

Gagne on the other wing I suppose?

blah 02-19-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

Gagne on the other wing I suppose?

Yep, that's the only place for him.