HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Let's Build Next Years Team - Fourth Line Right Wing (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=538191)

Inferno 07-22-2008 02:06 AM

Let's Build Next Years Team - Fourth Line Right Wing

Im sorta ripping off flylines yearly prospect post, and kinda building a twist around it. Were going to vote on the lines for next year. Im going to go position by position, and were going to have a vote for every single player, even the more obvious choices till we fill out an entire roster.

The assumptions here are the team carrying 2 goalies, 1 backup defenseman, and 2 backup forwards. The first few obvious prospects will also be listed in every vote, along with an "other" option. This is if you feel another player not listed is a better choice than any of the other players.

The Roster As It Stands Now:

Markus Naslund (52.83%) - Scotty Gomez (91.67%) - Nikolai Zherdev (78.02%)
Nigel Dawes (72.50%)
- Chris Drury (54.48%) - Petr Prucha (40.91%)
Dan Fritsche (45.21%) - Brandon Dubinsky (93.15%) - Ryan Callahan (63.08%)
Freddy Sjostrom (56.52%) - Blair Betts (94.92%) - Fourth Line Right Wing
First Backup Forward
Second Backup Forward

First Pairing Left Defenseman - First Pairing Right Defenseman
Second Pairing Left Defenseman - Second Pairing Right Defenseman
Third Pairing Left Defenseman - Third Pairing Right Defenseman
Backup Defenseman

Starting Goalie
Backup Goalie

silverfish 07-22-2008 02:08 AM

Without Orr in the lineup the team lacks any type of true toughness, he needs to be in game in and game out otherwise teams are going to be taking free runs at Prucha and Dawes. Vorros is a hitter, but the guy can't fight for squat.

My vote goes for Orr.

Inferno 07-22-2008 02:11 AM

Voros, with Orr playing against teams with legit heavyweights.

just an FYI, im leaving for DC in about 4 hours (ugh, i need to get to bed), i wont be back till Saturday, and likely cant run the polls since im not sure if they have a wireless connection for me to use where im going. regardless, id appreciate it if you guys can just be patient till i come back Saturday night, and post the next one. Dont worry, it aint goin anywhere, and weve got PLENTY of time before the seasons starts lol.

silverfish 07-22-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 14951289)
Voros, with Orr playing against teams with legit heavyweights.

just an FYI, im leaving for DC in about 4 hours (ugh, i need to get to bed), i wont be back till Saturday, and likely cant run the polls since im not sure if they have a wireless connection for me to use where im going. regardless, id appreciate it if you guys can just be patient till i come back Saturday night, and post the next one. Dont worry, it aint goin anywhere, and weve got PLENTY of time before the seasons starts lol.

Don't remind me:shakehead

Radek27 07-22-2008 02:20 AM

Moore

I think he is going to make it hard for Renney to cut him in camp. I like his ability much more than Coltons. I like Orr for what he is, but I don't think he's an every game player. Varos I won't vote on till I actually seen him play a game.

PS. Who else feels that Patrick Rissmiller should be waived after looking how the lines shook out? Even with those extra's that don't get voted in, I would pick Rissmiller last out of the bunch. I hope this guy is AHL bound.........I would hate for him to get a game in case of injury than a younger guy like Korp, Moore, heck even Voros.

RothmanHockey 07-22-2008 02:21 AM

I think its important to keep the kids in the lineup, so I'm going with the Korpedo. I think he has the talent to make an immediate impact on this club.

silverfish 07-22-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZYanksRule (Post 14951337)
I think its important to keep the kids in the lineup, so I'm going with the Korpedo. I think he has the talent to make an immediate impact on this club.

That would be an absolute waste. Getting 5-8 minutes of NHL ice time would kill his development. Either in the top 9 or getting top line minutes in the A for Korpikoski.

hpNYR 07-22-2008 03:45 AM

Korpedo should make this team, no excuses.

FLYLine24 07-22-2008 03:53 AM

Korpi doesnt play RW...not sure why people are voting.

This goes to Voros, easily.

Plato 07-22-2008 09:07 AM

Would like a cross between Voros and Orr. Voted Orr.

Korpi is a LW and should be in the minors and not the 4th if that's where they intend on playing him.

HatTrick Swayze 07-22-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 (Post 14951361)
That would be an absolute waste. Getting 5-8 minutes of NHL ice time would kill his development. Either in the top 9 or getting top line minutes in the A for Korpikoski.

Agreed, anyone voting Korpi is nuts.

BDubinskyNYR17* 07-22-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan444 (Post 14952432)
Agreed, anyone voting Korpi is nuts.

agreed and why is anisimov on the list, i dont think he ever played RW. I voted for Voros. Voros can do the same as Orr although not a better fight but can put up 5-10 goals most likely given the chance. on a defensive team on the Wild he had 13 pts 7 goals 6 assist in 59 games i think so he has some skill. Orr i doubt will never score more than 3 goals in a season.

Forechecker 07-22-2008 10:22 AM

I went with Orr because I don't know anything about Voros or Rissmiller, and I feel that Korp would be wasted on the 4th line.

Trxjw 07-22-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 14951616)
Korpi doesnt play RW...not sure why people are voting.

This goes to Voros, easily.

Well Freddy Shoe doesn't play LW either, but that didn't seem to stop people from putting him there.

I don't like any of the lines to be honest, so I'm bagging my vote. :laugh:

Blueshirt Brawler 07-22-2008 10:24 AM

It's got to be Orr over Voros. Voros has more offensive upside but the team has no toughness without Orr. No one on the blue line fights and the top 11 forwards that have been nominated in these polls are not fighters either. Voros is a punching bag along the likes of Hollweg. The nod goes to Orr here.

mti79 07-22-2008 10:28 AM

Colton.... just because we signed Riss and Voros, I don't see either as a replacement for Orr. Although I could see where Rissmiller plays against most teams, but Colton dresses for the games that might be a little rougher (ie. Washington w/Brashear, Philly, NYI, Devils, Dallas, etc.)

NYR Viper 07-22-2008 11:25 AM

i went voros....although i would like to move fritsche up one line in pruchas spot, and then sjostrom up one line and have a lineup like this

naslund-gomez-zherdev
dawes-drury-fritsche
callahan-dubinsky-sjostrom
voros-rissmiller-byers
orr

bottom two lines are gritty and can score and in case of any injury, korpikoski or moore can be called up

betts and prucha traded

Radek27 07-22-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14953282)
i went voros....although i would like to move fritsche up one line in pruchas spot, and then sjostrom up one line and have a lineup like this

naslund-gomez-zherdev
dawes-drury-fritsche
callahan-dubinsky-sjostrom
voros-rissmiller-byers
orr

bottom two lines are gritty and can score and in case of any injury, korpikoski or moore can be called up

betts and prucha traded

Betts and Prucha traded for what exactly? Draft picks? Why are you trading Petr Prucha just to make room for Voros and Rissmiller? A trade is coming and it's going to be for a 1st or 2nd line winger. Any why are people putting Fritsche on the 2nd line?

Burlington Bomb 26 07-22-2008 12:45 PM

I voted for Colton Voros;)

TomLaidlaw 07-22-2008 01:10 PM

Our 4th line should be

Voros-Betts-Orr

We need some toughness in this lineup.

Beacon 07-22-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 14953985)
Betts and Prucha traded for what exactly? Draft picks? Why are you trading Petr Prucha just to make room for Voros and Rissmiller? A trade is coming and it's going to be for a 1st or 2nd line winger. Any why are people putting Fritsche on the 2nd line?

I think we should be able to get a solid young second liner for prucha, cally and sjo. Korps would then play on the third line and Moore or Riss on the 4th.

Voros is the obvious choice for banger here. We need a tough guy in this spot and anyone who actually watched him will tell you he's much better than Orr.

NYR Viper 07-22-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 14953985)

fritsche is a bigger body, likes to forecheck and has a very good shot....sounds like the types of players drury likes to play woith from watching him play with mair and gaustad in buffalo........

prucah and betts for a 3rd and a 4th respectively in 09......

IMO voros is a very very solid 4th liner and rissmiller can pk like betts and adds more offense and is on a one year contract so if he doesnt work out moore can take his spot in next seasons camp...a spot he would fit in well for

Radek27 07-22-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14955547)
fritsche is a bigger body, likes to forecheck and has a very good shot....sounds like the types of players drury likes to play woith from watching him play with mair and gaustad in buffalo........

IMO voros is a very very solid 4th liner and rissmiller can pk like betts and adds more offense and is on a one year contract so if he doesnt work out moore can take his spot in next seasons camp...a spot he would fit in well for

For a team that is lacking in wingers who can put the puck in the net, I would rather keep Prucha than get a 3rd. Only way I want Prucha traded is if we get a proven 1st to 2nd line player in return.

Thirty One 07-22-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14952778)
Well Freddy Shoe doesn't play LW either, but that didn't seem to stop people from putting him there.

Sjostrom can play LW, and he played LW almost exclusively as a Ranger. Korpikoski has played a lot of RW as well.

Beacon 07-22-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 14955547)

I wouldn't make either trade. For Prucha I would want to get another pick in rounds 4-6 in addition to the 3rd rounder. But a third alone is just a little bit too little.

I think we should keep Betts because he's the perfect 4th line center and would be thoroughly missed. I can see trading him for someone whom I really want, but there is really no reason to dump him for a mid-round pick.