HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Bruins fans affection for Bergeron (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=538388)

Teufelsdreck 07-22-2008 08:33 PM

OT: Bruins fans affection for Bergeron

The Bruins board has a thread that asserts the Bruins are the 3rd best team in the NHL--on paper. Not all of their fans agree with that evaluation but some of them are so wrapped up in hero worship that they wouldn't trade Patrice Bergeron for Evgeni Malkin or they'd be extremely sad if it happened. They're entitled to their fetishes. I wouldn't be sad if the Habs traded one (or several) of my favorite players for Malkin. On the contrary, I'd be happy. We'd no longer have to wish we had a 37-year-old Sundin for 2 years because we'd have Malkin for 15.

couz 07-22-2008 08:35 PM

Not with that defense and a goalie that has ups and downs as much as Thomas.

Andrighetto Fabolous 07-22-2008 08:38 PM

*Waits for Vic Rattlehead to respond to thread...

Abyss 07-22-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck (Post 14959028)
The Bruins board has a thread that asserts the Bruins are the 3rd best team in the NHL--on paper. Not all of their fans agree with that evaluation but some of them are so wrapped up in hero worship that they wouldn't trade Patrice Bergeron for Evgeni Malkin or they'd be extremely sad if it happened. They're entitled to their fetishes. I wouldn't be sad if the Habs traded one (or several) of my favorite players for Malkin. On the contrary, I'd be happy. We'd no longer have to wish we had a 37-year-old Sundin for 2 years because we'd have Malkin for 15.

I'd do it, Bergeron ain't got **** on Malkin. Especially post-concussion "questionmark" Bergeron.

Penalty Killer 07-22-2008 08:42 PM

3rd best? Wow, talk about pessimistic. I think they could beat the combined rosters of Detroit and Montreal blindfolded, 18-2. It's true. :sarcasm:

Quiet Robert 07-22-2008 08:42 PM

I though Bruins fans were supposed to be the obsessed ones...

Basically the point of this thread was for you to say that you would not only be willing to trade Bergeon for Malkin, but you'd also be willing to trade some of our players? Awesome, so would every GM in the league.

While we're at it, why don't I mention a thread I read about Lucic on the Bruins board to say that I would be favour of starting Carey Price 75% of the time next year. It makes about as much sense and is just as relevant.

Watsatheo 07-22-2008 08:44 PM

I don't know about the Bergeron thing or top 3, but bias aside, the Bruins are a pretty good team on paper.

Le Tricolore 07-22-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck (Post 14959028)

Most Bruin fans were saying the original poster was way off for saying they were the third best team in the NHL. And even more were saying the guy was nuts for claiming Bergeron to be better than Malkin.

Stradale 07-22-2008 08:45 PM

I bet they wouldnt trade Ryder for Rick Nash either.

Le depisteur 07-22-2008 08:49 PM

How a team can have 1.6M$ over the cap and have Sturm as best winger and Wideman as 2nd D? How a team like that can be the 3rd best team in the league???

One Trick Pony 07-22-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 14959166)
Most Bruin fans were saying the original poster was way off for saying they were the third best team in the NHL. And even more were saying the guy was nuts for claiming Bergeron to be better than Malkin.

Yeah but these days to judge a group of people you have to take the worst of the bunch as the example

couz 07-22-2008 08:55 PM

Bruins are a team that maxs out at 6th place in the east.

I like the Pens,Sens,Rangers,Washington,Philly,NJ and obviously the Habs as bets to finish ahead of Boston.

znk 07-22-2008 08:56 PM

I've stated many times that I think the Bruins are much better then most here think. It's easy to think that if you only base your judgement by the games when they faced the Habs.

RoyBoyCoy 07-22-2008 08:56 PM

they have one of the deepest best balanced offenses in the League and they have lots of NHL-ready youth with potential (Bergeron, Kessel, Lucic, Sobotka, Krejci etc.) Goaltending and Defense are two rather large question marks. but IMO they're forwards play good defense. they're tied for my second favourite team

Ra 07-22-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 14959270)
I've stated many times that I think the Bruins are much better then most here think. It's easy to think that if you only base your judgement by the games when they faced the Habs.

Julien got the max of this team that was suppose to finish 15th. He might be fired by January.

Le depisteur 07-22-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 (Post 14959276)
they have one of the deepest best balanced offenses in the League and they have lots of NHL-ready youth with potential (Bergeron, Kessel, Lucic, Sobotka, Krejci etc.) Goaltending and Defense are two rather large question marks. but IMO they're forwards play good defense. they're tied for my second favourite team

You cannot talk about deep offense when your best winger is Sturm... :teach:

They are not a good team, they have a good coach...

anarmandaleb 07-22-2008 09:02 PM

Here we go again, laughing at the Bruins fans. Why? How bored are we?

They may not be the 3rd best in the NHL on paper, but they're a good team. One that's going to give the Habs trouble next season.

Of course, whoever wouldn't take Malkin on their team is either an idiot or already has Malkin on their team.

Pascal 07-22-2008 09:04 PM

Bruins fans are in a world of their own, forget about them. Apparently Ryder could score 40 this year!

One Trick Pony 07-22-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 14959354)
Bruins fans are in a world of their own, forget about them. Apparently Ryder could score 40 this year!

Ryder will reverse the curse on his own and we will never beat the bruins again

HotPie 07-22-2008 09:15 PM

Um, does anyone remember how people would choose Price Vs. Crosby thread on these boards?

Yeah, I thought so.

Vic Rattlehead* 07-22-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Drama (Post 14959084)
*Waits for Vic Rattlehead to respond to thread...

I honestly thought this was a thread on the B's board - it was in the Northeast section.

Anyways, all I'll say is this: The B's are not the 3rd best team on paper in the league. Not even in the East.

Does this mean I'm allowed to take something stupid on this board and post it on the B's board now?

EDIT---By the way, I'd take Malkin over Bergeron any day of the week. And Bergeron is my favourite player - that's just how good Malkin is.

Vic Rattlehead* 07-22-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 14959354)

Yes, because one guys represents an entire fanbase. Excellent logic!

AH 07-22-2008 09:20 PM

Bruins are not even the 3rd best team in the NE division.

Here is a bold prediction. With Sundin in the lineup, the Maple Leafs finish ahead of Boston in 08-09.

Vic Rattlehead* 07-22-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 14959506)
Bruins are not even the 3rd best team in the NE division.

Here is a bold prediction. With Sundin in the lineup, the Maple Leafs finish ahead of Boston in 08-09.

But the Leafs already finished behind the Bruins with Sundin in the lineup last season.:help:

znk 07-22-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ra (Post 14959311)
Julien got the max of this team that was suppose to finish 15th. He might be fired by January.

Here is the record of both teams against the rest of the NHL.
MTL:39-25-10 for 88 points
BOS:41-22-11for 93 points

We had pretty much an injury free season. They missed one of their top players for the whole season.

I dont know what kind of reasoning you guys are using but it's certainly not objective.