HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alexei Yemelin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=538697)

Drive425 07-23-2008 08:15 PM

Alexei Yemelin

Any news regarding Yemelin?? I think he'd be a great addition to the Bulldogs lineup.

Bronn 07-23-2008 08:18 PM

He still has one year left on his contract i think and then he's free as a bird so we may see him next year. Then again he may opt to sign with a KSL team so i wouldn't get my hopes up at this point.

Analyzer 07-23-2008 08:20 PM

He has been told not to sign anything and Montreal will try to bring him over next year.

ronaldojaime 07-23-2008 08:21 PM

I think Yemelin would be a great addition to the defensive corp. Matching him with Hamrlik would be awesome. When Hamrlik was with Calgary he was paired with an Awesome Phaneuf and it worked well. He might not have the same offensive skill set but he is known to be tough and loves to hit.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Yemelin
Gorges-Boullion
Belle

Now that's a solid defensive corp that can take you far.....

Krautso 07-23-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronaldojaime (Post 14971148)
I think Yemelin would be a great addition to the defensive corp. Matching him with Hamrlik would be awesome. When Hamrlik was with Calgary he was paired with an Awesome Phaneuf and it worked well. He might not have the same offensive skill set but he is known to be tough and loves to hit.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Yemelin
Gorges-Boullion
Belle

If we're talking next year, scratch Boullion and insert Valentenko...

Bronn 07-23-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krautso (Post 14971183)
If we're talking next year, scratch Boullion and insert Valentenko...

But you guys both forgot O'Byrne who just signed a brand new 3 years contract and whose spot is more assured than Valentenko or Yemelin ;).

TSV 07-23-2008 08:32 PM

komi-markov
hamrlik-o'byrne
yemelin-valentenko
gorges

with mcdonagh, subban, weber, carle comig up... full possiblities

znk 07-23-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Yemelin
Gorges-Boullion
Belle

O'Byrne? How does this guy still get no respect.

ronaldojaime 07-23-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Label (Post 14971222)
But you guys both forgot O'Byrne who just signed a brand new 3 years contract and whose spot is more assured than Valentenko or Yemelin ;).

I totally forgot about O'Byrne..... He would be great replacment for Bouillon!

Stiffler 07-23-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Label (Post 14971222)

I think they mostly forgot the fact that Yemelin and Valenenko are yet to play a single game in the NHL!! As far as I am concerned, none of them proved their worth yet. Prospect ratings and AHL performances are nice, but you prove your NHL worth at the NHL level, night in and night out, nowhere else.

DrMailloux 07-23-2008 09:00 PM

If he ever come in america, he'll still have to make 1-2 years in the AHL wich will be far from easy with all the defenseman we have drafted in the last 3 years.

Next Best Thing* 07-23-2008 09:17 PM

I think Yemelin is responsible for all the D picks in the past recent drafts.

What he hell mang, come over.. :shakehead

Freaky Habs Fan 07-23-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMailloux (Post 14971495)
If he ever come in america, he'll still have to make 1-2 years in the AHL wich will be far from easy with all the defenseman we have drafted in the last 3 years.

And that's why I don't think he will ever come over. In order to sign with the Habs, he would have to get a one way deal at a fair amount for him. The offers are going to be high for him in the KSL and we will never be ready to match anything...

At least, we have many good young players to forget about Emelin.

Monctonscout 07-23-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Yemelin
Gorges-Boullion
Belle

If he comes over next year, it would be tough to pencil him in the top 6 before he gets the language and NA style game. He's not a Malkin or Ovechkin calibre player.

shutehinside 07-23-2008 09:33 PM

If he's not with the Habs next year then he'll not be included in their future. This last contract in Russia was the last straw for the Habs and they'll move forward if he stays back there.

crazyd 07-23-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSV (Post 14971242)
komi-markov
hamrlik-o'byrne
yemelin-valentenko
gorges

with mcdonagh, subban, weber, carle comig up... full possiblities

Right on target. We won't see the likes of Mcdonagh, Subban, Weber or Carle before then end of Markov and Hamrlik contracts. Also some of theses prospects won't make it.

Yemelin will also be the wildcard. If he ain't there, then we have a early spot for Carle or Mcdonagh imo...

DrMailloux 07-23-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Best Thing (Post 14971690)
I think Yemelin is responsible for all the D picks in the past recent drafts.

What he hell mang, come over.. :shakehead

Yup, its a great thing, now we don't draft russian anymore so we won't have to deal with those situation.

Uwey 07-24-2008 04:12 AM

The organization has a huge chubby to get Emelin over here to NA, they feel he is the best player in their ranks not playing in the NHL at the present time.

But I have a feeling we will never see him. I too believe he will sign with KHL & remain in his motherland.

JrHockeyFan 07-24-2008 05:49 AM

I am inclined to think this guy will never show up

Monctonscout 07-24-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwey (Post 14974029)
The organization has a huge chubby to get Emelin over here to NA, they feel he is the best player in their ranks not playing in the NHL at the present time.

But I have a feeling we will never see him. I too believe he will sign with KHL & remain in his motherland.

He is not the style of player that the KHL would necessarily pay huge money for, his style is more built for the NHL than the 200 x 100 European rinks.

Canadian_Brewtality 07-24-2008 08:30 AM

Another Russian Runaway

Moester 07-24-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Yemelin
Gorges-Boullion
Belle

Yemelin will need a year or two to get used to the American game and learn the language. Besides right now O'byrne > Yemelin

Beakermania* 07-24-2008 05:27 PM

Get him and Korneev over for 09-10..... let bouillion and dandy walk.... breezy if signed this year only give him one year...

Re-sign Komisarek

For 09-10 You'd have

Markov - Komi
Hammer - O'Byrne
Gorges (can play either side)

all in place...

then Valentenko, Carle, Weber, Belle, Yemelin, Korneev, Fischer, McDonagh can fight for 2 spots.

In 2010-11.... Hammer is out.

Papa_Bear_21 07-24-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrMailloux (Post 14971495)

People that have spoken about him and have seen him play (not me) say he's NHL ready.
If / when he comes over, I'm predicting he'll make the team.

Pierre Dagenais 07-24-2008 05:44 PM

If he ever comes over.. I can see it being like this:

Markov - Emelin
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komisarek
Valentenko or Carle