HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Plan B: Leetch ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=54007)

p.l.f. 02-20-2004 11:18 AM

Plan B: Leetch ?

He wouldn't cost as much as coliaicovo

Look I know we need the banger to clear the net, and we'll get that too.
But what happens if kaberle or mccabe gets hurt, who's the skill defenseman to step in their place, drake berehowsky?

A second or 3rd pairing of Leetch and Boughner might work for example

Savage 02-20-2004 11:24 AM

As far as I'm concerned Leetch should be the number 1 option. He's much better defensively then Gonchar and can still provide a good offensive punch.

Leaf Army 02-20-2004 11:30 AM

Obviously Leetch would be a good pick-up.

But he's 36 years old so I wouldn't be willing to give up much youth to get him. And may not even be available.

Boughner is useless to us. We already have Marchment.

Savage 02-20-2004 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Obviously Leetch would be a good pick-up.

But he's 36 years old so I wouldn't be willing to give up much youth to get him. And may not even be available.

Boughner is useless to us. We already have Marchment.

Brian Leetch is 36 in his last year of his contract which means he doesn't cost much. He'll be available for sure by the deadline.

Mapleleaf1951 02-20-2004 11:50 AM

Leetch is Rumor to Be Going To Vancouver And Will Sign Back with The Rangers at The end of the Year, It Was On the TV Last Nite..

Mike

Savage 02-20-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mapleleaf1951
Leetch is Rumor to Be Going To Vancouver And Will Sign Back with The Rangers at The end of the Year, It Was On the TV Last Nite..

Mike

You should note that rumor was started and came from John Garret. Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.

ACC1224 02-20-2004 12:04 PM

If Leetch would become available there would be many teams interested. I'm sure he has a No Trade Clause and doubt he would approve a trade here when he could pick from a list of teams.

Sundinisagod 02-20-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224
If Leetch would become available there would be many teams interested. I'm sure he has a No Trade Clause and doubt he would approve a trade here when he could pick from a list of teams.

Why wouldn't he be willing to play here? It's just for the rest of the season/playoff
and he'd have a great shot at the cup.

King of Kelvington 02-20-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage
You should note that rumor was started and came from John Garret. Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.

Amen to that.

Leetch would be a good fit on any team which is why he would be costly.
HOF defensmen always cost an arm and a leg.
See Ray Bourque.

ACC1224 02-20-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Greenstein
Why wouldn't he be willing to play here? It's just for the rest of the season/playoff
and he'd have a great shot at the cup.

The Leafs have a shot but wouldn't be considered to have a great shot compared to other teams.

ULF_55 02-20-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage

I thought it warranted repeating...

Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.

King of Kelvington 02-20-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55
I thought it warranted repeating...

Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media.

How bout:

"Arguably the dumbest and most ignorant man in the media" x infinity!