HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What Ex-Hab do you want back? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=540476)

RoyBoyCoy 07-30-2008 08:59 PM

What Ex-Hab do you want back?

so i was cruising through other boards today (including the 'nucks board (got a little out of hand with my bias opinion)) but anyways I liked something i saw in the Flames board. It was which Active player would you like to bring back to the Habs.

for me: It's Ribiero. HMs: Souray Streit Zednik

Artyukhin* 07-30-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 (Post 15034586)
so i was cruising through other boards today (including the 'nucks board (got a little out of hand with my bias opinion)) but anyways I liked something i saw in the Flames board. It was which Active player would you like to bring back to the Habs.

for me: It's Ribiero. HMs: Souray Streit Zednik

none . we had them all and we stunk .

we let them go and we finished in first.

leave the past in the past

If we had to bring back Souray id do it at about 3 million a year.
Streit maybe at 1.5-2 million
Zednik?600- 800,000

Ribs? No i dont want him back right now as he is loving Dallas and good to hear it .

Sports1131 07-30-2008 09:14 PM

Perezhogin.

MrNasty 07-30-2008 09:15 PM

zero but there isn't a great amount of great players to pick from.

Schneider I guess.

Joey 07-30-2008 09:26 PM

Ron Hainsey if he came cheap

crazyd 07-30-2008 09:27 PM

Easy...Jan Bulis

:sarcasm:

RE-HABS 07-30-2008 09:27 PM

Love Ryder, but he needs a change and the Habs and he feel mutual on that.

As for ex-Habs, don't like doing these type of things..but if asked, I think a pest or A-Hole like Tucker is a good fit on the third line or the return of Matheiu Garon to back up or split with Price. I think we could get a nice return for Halak.

PolishHab21 07-30-2008 09:28 PM

Huet or Souray...maybe Zednik

Beakermania* 07-30-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 15034875)
Love Ryder, but he needs a change and the Habs and he feel mutual on that.

As for ex-Habs, don't like doing these type of things..but if asked, I think a pest or A-Hole like Tucker is a good fit on the third line or the return of Matheiu Garon to back up or split with Price. I think we could get a nice return for Halak.

Garon is Edmonton's starter now.... he wouldn't be happy coming back to be in a backup/split situation. Thats why he got out in the first place.

Also, I hope everyone can avoid turning this into another Ribeiro thread about the trade and how hes grown up, or hes a cancer and all the arguments we've had in many, many other threads.

tinyzombies 07-30-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNasty (Post 15034753)
zero but there isn't a great amount of great players to pick from.

Schneider I guess.

Schneider works for me too.

korky00 07-30-2008 09:32 PM

does he have to be still active..because if not I think we could use the speed of Goeff Courtnal (error...he never was with Mtl ...!!)l and the shot of Stephan Richer..when they were young..

active players: probably Beauchemin

RE-HABS 07-30-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15034905)
Garon is Edmonton's starter now.... he wouldn't be happy coming back to be in a backup/split situation. Thats why he got out in the first place.

Is he the starter? They still have Rollie and they just signed Drouin-Deslauriers to a two year deal...Garon is easier to move than Rollie's salary, and he could get 30 games still in Montreal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by korky00 (Post 15034920)
does he have to be still active..because if not I think we could use the speed of Goeff Courtnall and the shot of Stephan Richer..when they were young..

active players: probably Beauchemin

We never had Geoff Courtnall...we had Russ the faster less talented of the brothers.

korky00 07-30-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 15034939)
We never had Geoff Courtnall...we had Russ the faster less talented of the brothers.

yeah..you're right...2 seconds after i posted this I realised this and was coming to change my post...anyways...you're right I'm wrong!

Ice Poutine 07-30-2008 09:38 PM

Francois Beauchemin would be our no 2 d-man and a perrenial all-star since he wouldnt be overshadowed by Niedermayer.

FerrisRox 07-30-2008 09:41 PM

I would welcome back a number of defenseman that played here.

In different capacities I'd be happy to have Sheldon Souray, Francois Beauchemin, Chris Chelios or Mathieu Schneider back.

I was always a fan of Matheiu Garon, so I'd be happy to see him back, too.

Up front, Mark Recchi - who's well past his prime and couldn't really help this team - I'd take back for nostalgia and simply because I've always been a fan.

Beyond that, nobody in particular.

RE-HABS 07-30-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 15034981)
Francois Beauchemin would be our no 2 d-man and a perrenial all-star since he wouldnt be overshadowed by Niedermayer.

I think Pronger and Neidermeyer make him a lot more valuable on a team than Markov or Komisarek would.

He is a top 4 guy, you are over valuing him.

Scuba-Steve 07-30-2008 09:51 PM

Souray,Beauchemin and Hainsey in that order.

Ice Poutine 07-30-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 15035008)
I think Pronger and Neidermeyer make him a lot more valuable on a team than Markov or Komisarek would.

He is a top 4 guy, you are over valuing him.

I dont know; he played very solidly in the Cup finals 2 years ago and i thought neither Pronger or Niedermayer looked that much better then he did.

Beakermania* 07-30-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 15034929)
Is he the starter? They still have Rollie and they just signed Drouin-Deslauriers to a two year deal...Garon is easier to move than Rollie's salary, and he could get 30 games still in Montreal.

He was their number 1 before going down with a late injury...

Rollie is older and I think he tires out if you play him a number 1 schedule...
JDD is signed to a one way deal, but he is very unproven in the NHL.

Edmonton isn't giving up Garon easily as he is the guy they are counting on right now.

Beakermania* 07-30-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 15035092)
I dont know; he played very solidly in the Cup finals 2 years ago and i thought neither Pronger or Niedermayer looked that much better then he did.

Sometimes when you play with a guy like Scott Niedermeyer as your partner you can look a lot better than you really are... I like Beauchemin, but until i see a lot of him as the number 1 guy on his pairing I'm not 100% convinced of how good he really is.

Is he a capable NHL defenceman?? Yes I'm sure of that.
Is he a top 2 guy? I don't know.

SpreeEndaz 07-30-2008 10:01 PM

Tomas Vokoun.

Garo 07-30-2008 10:01 PM

Schneider, easily.

Joey 07-30-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 15034981)

According to my Anaheim Ducks friend, Beauchemin was terrible this past season

RE-HABS 07-30-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15035150)
Sometimes when you play with a guy like Scott Niedermeyer as your partner you can look a lot better than you really are... I like Beauchemin, but until i see a lot of him as the number 1 guy on his pairing I'm not 100% convinced of how good he really is.

Is he a capable NHL defenceman?? Yes I'm sure of that.
Is he a top 2 guy? I don't know.

Exactly, Scott Neidermeyer having a bad day along with Pronger is still a better day than Beauchemin at his best.

How strong is Souray without Markov and the Montreal PP?

How great was Larry Murphy in Toronto over stays in Pittsburgh and Detroit?

How great is Dion Phaneuf in Calgary if he is in Columbus?

Beauchemin is a strong 1st pairing in Anaheim with Nieds, but if both retired tomorrow (Nieds and Pronger) I'm sure Burke is thinking he is screwed if that's his #1.

Ice Poutine 07-30-2008 10:07 PM

Stephane Robidas i'd take back in a second over Bouillon/Brisebois/Dandeneault.

Any one of them or all 3! :)