HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The What If Draft Thread.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=540505)

Garfinkel1 07-30-2008 10:27 PM

The What If Draft Thread..
 
If instead of taking Al Montoya and Lauri Korpikoski, We took Alexander Radulov and Mike Green, would be a favorite for winning the east?

P.S. I knew we have Hein sight(sp) but It's that time of year so I figure I would bring this out to show the importance of Drafting.

Also,
in 2003, Patrick O'Sullivan instead of Ivan Baranka (D) and Ryan Getzlaf instead of Hugh Jessiman.

1.Invent time machine
2.???
3. Tell Ranger's scouts what I know
4.Profit

What Major players do you think the rangers have passed on in the past 8 years(up to the 200 draft class) that would make us be a powerhouse in the east?

Burlington Bomb 26 07-30-2008 10:28 PM

this thread will lead to darkness and pain.

BDubinskyNYR17* 07-30-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 15035459)
If instead of taking Al Montoya and Lauri Korpikoski, We took Alexander Radulov and Mike Green, would be a favorite for winning the east?

P.S. I knew we have Hein sight(sp) but It's that time of year so I figure I would bring this out to show the importance of Drafting.

Also,
in 2003, Patrick O'Sullivan instead of Ivan Baranka (D) and Ryan Getzlaf instead of Hugh Jessiman.

1.Invent time machine
2.???
3. Tell Ranger's scouts what I know
4.Profit

What Major players do you think the rangers have passed on in the past 8 years(up to the 200 draft class) that would make us be a powerhouse in the east?

Stoll over Falardeau. Dustin Brown is the one i wanted in 03.

I Am Chariot 07-30-2008 10:58 PM

Instead of Michael Stewart with the 13 in 1990, Rangers could have drafted

Keith Tkachuk at 19
Martin Brodeur at 20
Peter Bondra at 136

I Am Chariot 07-30-2008 11:05 PM

Of course 1999 always irks me.

Rangers had the 4th pick overall. They picked Pavel Brendl. They also had the 9th pick which they drafted Lundmark

They passed up Martin Havlat, Henrik Zetterberg

Theoren Fan 07-30-2008 11:10 PM

What if instead of drafting Fedor Tyutin, the Rangers drafted Tomas Slovak? Good luck turning what's-his-name into Nikolai Zherdev

What if instead of drafting Henrik Lundqvist in the 7th round, we went for Tim Eriksson?

Hell, what if Henrik Lundqvist decided he wanted to play in a band more instead of hockey?

can't have it both ways

Burlington Bomb 26 07-30-2008 11:14 PM

what if the rangers drafted Ryan Getzlaf instead of Hugh, and Jessiman became a star player while Getzlaf became a bust. What if the Rangers won the Crosby lottery. what if Ovechkin and Malkin fell far enough to the rangers due to there russian contracts. what if Jagr decided to stay in russia. what if we drafted Bourret instead of Staal. what if we drafted Parise and the Devils drafted Huge Speciman. What if we traded Lundmark+ to the flames for Iginla. what if we signed Joe Sakic.

I Am Chariot 07-30-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoren Fan (Post 15035838)
What if instead of drafting Fedor Tyutin, the Rangers drafted Tomas Slovak? Good luck turning what's-his-name into Nikolai Zherdev

What if instead of drafting Henrik Lundqvist in the 7th round, we went for Tim Eriksson?

Hell, what if Henrik Lundqvist decided he wanted to play in a band more instead of hockey?

can't have it both ways


Both ways?

Ha as if the Rangers are not historically a TERRIBLE drafting team.

The Rangers were LUCKY to find Henke. No one saw him coming in an Elite player.


In 98 they had the 7 pick and took Manny Malhotra over Datsyuk, Gomez, Cheechoo, Tanguay, Gagne, Brad Richards, Eric Cole, Robyn Regehr

Theoren Fan 07-30-2008 11:23 PM

However, you knew Malhotra was a bust?

Burlington Bomb 26 07-30-2008 11:24 PM

what if we draft Nik Lidstrom in 89' instead of Rob Zamuner, Jason Prosofsky, and Steve Rice

What if San Jose took Scott Niedermayer instead of Pat Faloon

What if Winnipeg took Peter Forsberg instead of Aaron Ward(uh oh Jed2stepopus is gonna yell at me saying Aaron ward lived up to his potential)

What if we took Straka, Peca, Brylin, Maltby, Rivet, Aucoin, Yelle or Gonchar instead of Peter Ferraro, and Chris Ferraro

What if the 93' draft wasnt so crappy, save Pronger, Koivu, Sundstrom, Bertuzzi, Deadmarsh, and Kariya

Burlington Bomb 26 07-30-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 15035918)
In 98 they had the 7 pick and took Manny Malhotra over Datsyuk, Gomez, Cheechoo, Tanguay, Gagne, Brad Richards, Eric Cole, Robyn Regehr

you do know that Malhotra was one of the top rated prospects coming into the draft, and no one knew who Datsyuk was and Gomez was boarderline 1st-2nd round pick.

I Am Chariot 07-30-2008 11:33 PM

hey this is a "what if thread" eh

Theoren Fan 07-30-2008 11:34 PM

what if it wasn't

chosen 07-30-2008 11:39 PM

What if Spartacus had had a piper cub?

I Am Chariot 07-30-2008 11:42 PM

Ugh is it really only July 31st

Nemchinov13 07-30-2008 11:56 PM

is this, like, the most pathetic thread, and stuff?

bobbop 07-31-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 15035918)
Both ways?

Ha as if the Rangers are not historically a TERRIBLE drafting team.

Regrettably, they are.

FutureGM97 07-31-2008 12:18 AM

do we really have to go through all of this AGAIN? :shakehead

D713B 07-31-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 15035806)
Of course 1999 always irks me.

Rangers had the 4th pick overall. They picked Pavel Brendl. They also had the 9th pick which they drafted Lundmark

They passed up Martin Havlat, Henrik Zetterberg

Everyone passed on Zetterberg. I think he is trying to do a "what if" of top rated talent going into the draft that they passed on for people who didn't pan out.

Nemchinov13 07-31-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D713B (Post 15036469)
Everyone passed on Zetterberg. I think he is trying to do a "what if" of top rated talent going into the draft that they passed on for people who didn't pan out.

Yeah, Zetterberg is by far the best player out of that terrible draft.

Carlos Ranger 07-31-2008 04:09 AM

Every single team in the league can look back on "what ifs" and assemble a cup contending roster if they were able to make the perfect choices every step of the way.

alucard 07-31-2008 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 15035806)
Of course 1999 always irks me.

Rangers had the 4th pick overall. They picked Pavel Brendl. They also had the 9th pick which they drafted Lundmark

They passed up Martin Havlat, Henrik Zetterberg


In all fairness...every team passed on Zetterberg 6-7 times, that's not as valid as someone taken in the 1st or 2nd round

KRM 07-31-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 15035806)
Of course 1999 always irks me.

Rangers had the 4th pick overall. They picked Pavel Brendl. They also had the 9th pick which they drafted Lundmark

They passed up Martin Havlat, Henrik Zetterberg

If someone picked Zetterberg in the top five then they would be decapitated by their fans; Why draft an undersized Swede no one has ever heard of.

Bluenote13 07-31-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoren Fan (Post 15036083)
what if it wasn't

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I Am Chariot 07-31-2008 09:39 AM

I understand that Z was a hidden gem. Similar to Henke.

What irks me about 99 is the Rangers had TWO top 10 picks and drafted poorly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.