HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Yannik Weber interview (French!) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=540550)

devilman 07-31-2008 06:43 AM

Yannik Weber interview (French!)

http://www.planetehockey.ch/interview_detail.php?id=187

Mue 07-31-2008 09:20 AM

Thanks.

Just a matter of time before he signs a contract (unless I read that completely wrong).

CH4 07-31-2008 09:28 AM

good article, he wants to work hard to become a Mark Streit :shakehead

good to have some news on him.

Stiffler 07-31-2008 09:36 AM

"Vous êtes souvent comparé à Mark Streit par la presse canadienne. Que vous inspire cette comparaison?

Elle me fait forcément plaisir, car Mark est un modèle pour moi. Il a réussi à faire son chemin en NHL et peut aujourd’hui être considéré comme l'un des meilleurs défenseurs de la ligue."

I don't know, but the fact that he sees Streit as one of the best defensemen in the league is scary... :D

Whitesnake 07-31-2008 09:42 AM

Nice article. Didn't know that Jacquemet had gone back home. I was impressed by his play with Kootenay. Had some great shifts with Maxwell, nice chemistry, wished we would have offered him a try but oh well....

Can't wait to hear about Weber's signing.

Crusher20 07-31-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiffler (Post 15038123)
"Vous êtes souvent comparé à Mark Streit par la presse canadienne. Que vous inspire cette comparaison?

Elle me fait forcément plaisir, car Mark est un modèle pour moi. Il a réussi à faire son chemin en NHL et peut aujourd’hui être considéré comme l'un des meilleurs défenseurs de la ligue."

I don't know, but the fact that he sees Streit as one of the best defensemen in the league is scary... :D

best offensive defenseman, wich he is also, but the difference is that streit was 28 when we drafted him, Weber is 19 now.. he can learn and will most likely become a better 2 way player then Marky Streit

Universe 07-31-2008 12:36 PM

I'd love to have another Mark on this team. We treat him good and he won't flee to NY.

n0pan 07-31-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiffler (Post 15038123)

Yeah, that's first thing that I thought when I read his interview. :shakehead

MrNasty 07-31-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH4THECUP (Post 15038048)
good article, he wants to work hard to become a Mark Streit :shakehead

good to have some news on him.

Just what the Habs will need...another small skilled forward

:sarcasm:

Habs4Life 08-08-2008 12:34 PM

101 MPH slapshot!!!!!!!!!!!! He's going to be better then Mark Streit!

hototogisu 08-08-2008 12:38 PM

Nationality aside, he really did remind me of Mark Streit when I watched him play.

Turboflex* 08-08-2008 01:50 PM

I hope he can learn how to play defence, unlike Streit who sucked so bad at it.

hototogisu 08-08-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 15108776)
I hope he can learn how to play defence, unlike Streit who sucked so bad at it.

"Sucked so bad"? Give me a break.

Turboflex* 08-08-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 15108822)
"Sucked so bad"? Give me a break.

He couldn't keep a spot amongst the habs 7 dmen lineup. That's a pretty objective judgement of what the habs' coaching staff thought of his ability to play D (he sucked).

hototogisu 08-08-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 15108966)
He couldn't keep a spot amongst the habs 7 dmen lineup. That's a pretty objective judgement of what the habs' coaching staff thought of his ability to play D (he sucked).

He played about half the year on defense. He never "lost" his job on the blueline, so to speak.

He was better as a forward with PP time on the point, I agree. But to try and paint him as some kind of Aki Berg-esque doofus on defense is just plain wrong IMO. He was a competent defenseman, for the most part.

Turboflex* 08-08-2008 02:23 PM

Yeah but he wanted to play defence all year. He did in the first half of the year, and didn't in the 2nd half. I don't see how anyone can paint that as anything but a demotion.